Medicom Disney VCDs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am anxiously awaiting my Pete. I really wanted the 3mix vinyl version (stands at 12"), but I can't find it anywhere.

Love this series. Hope they release more disney characters eg. daisy, pluto, goofy especially.

Awesome! Where did you end up getting Pete?

My friend ordered from a Japanese etailer (name escapes me right now but it's not hobbylinkjapan) and asked if there was anything I wanted to jump in on and I saw Pete and said to do it.

This was ordered a few weeks before the earthquake so the shipment was never affected.

I am new to Medicom collectibles. Are these the type of thing that would be best kept in the box? I am not looking at them purely as resell in the distant future. I do know though that once some collectibles are taken out of the box they are almost worthless.

I am new to Medicom collectibles. Are these the type of thing that would be best kept in the box? I am not looking at them purely as resell in the distant future. I do know though that once some collectibles are taken out of the box they are almost worthless.

I would say removing them from the box doesn't diminish their value much, if at all. The boxes themselves are very collector friendly, and the figures can be taken out and put back in without harming the packaging (much like the Hot Toys figures).

I would say removing them from the box doesn't diminish their value much, if at all. The boxes themselves are very collector friendly, and the figures can be taken out and put back in without harming the packaging (much like the Hot Toys figures).

Thanks! I just got one recently and it would be such a shame for it to live in a box permanently.

Hello,

I am anxiously awaiting my Pete. I really wanted the 3mix vinyl version (stands at 12"), but I can't find it anywhere.

Is this the one you are looking for?

medicom_julius_front_popup.jpg

Found it here in-stock.

https://www.45fresh.com/product/VCD_Runaway_Brain_Julius/45_fresh_store_shop

Thanks

I wish they would kinda slow it down on all the Mickeys (as awesome as they are) and give us some more from the other movies!

I love this one.

461512152o.jpg

But starting on VCDs is too dangerous of a road to start on. They seem like they'd be too addicting, and I don't love their size for the price.

When these first came out, they were about $20-30 each which was an INCREDIBLE price. Then they got bigger and pricier. The most I paid was probably Beast for $60 and Jessica Rabbit for $65.

Oh wait... the most I paid was for Jiminy Cricket for $100 but he's darn rare.

I got started on collecting these late, so I've had to pay some higher prices for them... but the main problem with collecting these is finding them in the first place! I had to buy Beast from a small store overseas, and shipping was more than I paid for the actual figure... and when some of the more rare ones pop up on eBay (Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, the Genie, Plane Crazy Mickey...) you have to jump on them right away or you might not see them for sale again for a very long time.

These are by far my favorite representations of classic Disney around, and I have to admit the hunt for them is pretty fun, but they're damn expensive and very hard to find. I blame you Coheteboy for getting me started in the first place! ;)

4864865593_d9fc755817_z.jpg

Last edited:
I got started on collecting these late, so I've had to pay some higher prices for them... but the main problem with collecting these is finding them in the first place! I had to buy Beast from a small store overseas, and shipping was more than I paid for the actual figure... and when some of the more rare ones pop up on eBay (Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, the Genie, Plane Crazy Mickey...) you have to jump on them right away or you might not see them for sale again for a very long time.

These are by far my favorite representations of classic Disney around, and I have to admit the hunt for them is pretty fun, but they're damn expensive and very hard to find. I blame you Coheteboy for getting me started in the first place! ;)

4864865593_d9fc755817_z.jpg

HEE HEE! I guess it's why I got into toy reviews to begin with. I wanted to share the love. :)

Back to the hunt, is Sideshow the best place to find the newest releases? All I see are nothing but more Mickeys. Julius from Runaway Brain I think is the latest normal vinyl correct?

Back to the hunt, is Sideshow the best place to find the newest releases? All I see are nothing but more Mickeys. Julius from Runaway Brain I think is the latest normal vinyl correct?

Finally took the plunge and picked up "The Worm Turns." Boy am I giddidy giddidy! :yess: Coheteboy, thought about picking up Julius also, but I'm going to have to wait till next payday for that. Hopefully it'll still be in stock from where I got the worm turns. Not sure if I can post links....don't want to get banned from here. :huh
6sz49g.jpg

6ollqf.jpg

Back