Medicom Disney VCDs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha. I keep hearing mixed things on SS's coupons / gift cards, how you can only use them for certain things, etc. So I haven't looked into using them as much.

On each product page it lists whether or not the product is gift card eligible. I think they've been a lot more open about which products are able to be used nowadays. In the past, there was no way Palpatine's throne would be eligible so soon but it is so... I think it's better now. Makes the gift cards actually WORTH a damn.

And just like that, Donald is waitlisted. So glad I was able to order it. Had I waited on Sideshow to call me back, I wouldn't have gotten it. (it was listed as "checking inventory" for all of yesterday and most of today)

I actually used the gift card I got from the Sideshow Freaks party.

This year was the first year since Dave started them that I didn't go to SDCC party.... my cousin bought me a ticket to Patton Oswalt which was the same night. :mad:

Patton was VERY funny... but no gift card and t-shirt for me. :monkey2

Unfortunately all of the gift cards I got a SDCC this year are worth either $20 or $25. Not that big of a savings when you factor in Sideshow's prices.

Oddly, enough when I went to the Sideshow Booth the next day Dusty commented that she didn't see me at the party the previous night. I told her my situation and she gave me a copy of the latest catalogue/book which I was thumbing through at the time. That was pretty cool of her.

Last edited:
The only Disney VCD I have from Medicom is Alice... since my wife is a HUGE Alice in Wonderland fan. I think that it's probably the best likeness I've seen of the character... bar none.

I was wondering if anybody has a picture of the Mad Hatter VCD that Medicom came out with. I hear there are more that one version. I've never seen it. Are there any other Alice pieces that Medicom made?

Unfortunately for me, there hasn't been any Jungle Book or Robin Hood VCD pieces. I'm DYING to get a King Louie!!!

Finally, I was thinking about getting the Partners piece. Does anybody have that piece and what do you think about it? If somebody DOES have the piece, can you post pics?

Last edited:
I was wondering if anybody has a picture of the Mad Hatter VCD that Medicom came out with. I hear there are more that one version. I've never seen it. Are there any other Alice pieces that Medicom made?

Unfortunately for me, there hasn't been any Jungle Book or Robin Hood VCD pieces. I'm DYING to get a King Louie!!!

Finally, I was thinking about getting the Partners piece. Does anybody have that piece and what do you think about it? If somebody DOES have the piece, can you post pics?

I don't have the Mad Hatter one but I know it came in two colors.

Other Alice in Wonderland pieces included that Bird with the mirror eyes.

No Jungle Book or Robin Hood pieces.

If you find out where to GET the Partners piece, let me know! I've been trying to hunt it down forever.

Here's something I found online:
disney-medicom.jpg

If you find out where to GET the Partners piece, let me know! I've been trying to hunt it down forever.

Here's something I found online:
disney-medicom.jpg

Here is currently a Partners piece on eBay for $106 Buy It Now. Here's the link:

https://cgi.ebay.com/MedicomToy-VCD...659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2307ccd0c3

My wife's brithday is coming up and I was looking for something that would be a nice piece in celebration of our upcming vacation. The price gave me a bit of a pause. However, I ended up getting a WDCC piece she has wanted for a LONG time, Mr Toad as Blue Boy, which is based on one of the paintings in the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

$106 + $27 shipping? Shouldn't I order it from the link I listed for $86 and shipping?

That's steep though. I might as well get the actual replica statue in that case!

Oh and... i just learned that a new VCD is hitting in October. I've been waiting for this one FOREVER.

VCD_JULIUS_215MM_OCT2010_MEDICOM_6090.jpg

$106 + $27 shipping? Shouldn't I order it from the link I listed for $86 and shipping?

That's steep though. I might as well get the actual replica statue in that case!

Did the link have the Partner piece? I only saw the Oswalt and Mickey pieces.

Yeah, I've noticed that some of the nicer VCD pieces are getting pricey. When they get up to WDCC prices, I lean more toward a new WDCC instead since I have a bigger collection of those. That's why I asked if anybody had the piece and for more detailed pictures. I was hoping someone could help me justify the price.

I just got Mr. Toad as Blue Boy today. GREAT piece. Unfortunately, the green box stinks to heaven of smoke. The white sticker with a picture of the piece on the side of the box is VERY yellow. No mention of this in the auction, of course. The piece is untouched of the stench, thankfully. But I've got to find a way to fumigate the box or I'll have to trash it. :horror:horror:horror

Oh whoops you're right. I confused my own links! That IS the first time seeing the Partners statue for sale.

But they sell miniature replicas at the parks. I should see how much those are.

After really regretting not getting Laser Shooting Buzz when he was at retail price, I stumbled upon him for $44 at, drumroll... the online Disney Store!?!?

They've got him and Woody for the same price, plus a shipping discount. So I order Buzz and Woody for what Buzz alone is going for most everywhere else. :rock

Still in stock if you're interested. They also have Tron Mickey.

Oh whoops you're right. I confused my own links! That IS the first time seeing the Partners statue for sale.

But they sell miniature replicas at the parks. I should see how much those are.

I really haven't seen a replica of the Partners statue that I really liked and that I could actually afford.

I was hoping this Partners VCD could fit the bill.

And Mongoleone, thanks for the tip. That Mickey Tron sure is tempting.

The VCDs are great. I have Jessica, I sold my Roger online and it went for a ton more than I originally paid for it.

Donald ain't too thrilled with all the strollers around his boat
Donald_16.jpg

City Hall don't care either.
Donald_18.jpg

Added a new one to my collection this weekend!

Steamboat Willie Pete.

PETE_11.jpg

The Tomy figures are almost the right size for this...
PETE_13.jpg

But too bad Pete is too small for the other characters in the line.
PETE_16.jpg

Back