Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol What a joke... Why would Medicom continue to make their figures smaller than 1/6th scale?? They're losing money! We'd all have their droids at this point... Their relucatance to do SW in scale with the rest of the 1/6th world is only hurting them.

They have a very loyal fan base. It's just not here it's overseas. Especially with Kamen Riders.

The loyal fanbase doesn't explain why their own figures are out of scale though. The Clone Troopers were all a solid 12" tall, yet the first Jango and Boba were not. Now they make their 3rd Vader and he's about the same height as their last taller Boba.

It just doesn't make any sense :huh

It's just a re-issue that talks not really new.

Medicom does what they want, it's obvious they don't give a ____. Which i kinda dig as scale don't bother me at all.

The loyal fanbase doesn't explain why their own figures are out of scale though. The Clone Troopers were all a solid 12" tall, yet the first Jango and Boba were not. Now they make their 3rd Vader and he's about the same height as their last taller Boba.

It just doesn't make any sense :huh

Obviously they have plenty of non-discerning fans to peddle their wares to. :rotfl

I have seen this Medicom _____ing about scale since I started collecting a few figs last year. You guys are ridiculous and over the top with the constant scrutiny concerning it. For the love of god people,...let it go.
I do not get why so many of you seem so obsessed with this issue....
Can you just not afford Medicom, so you always point to that, or do you want to feel so justified by the producer you buy from that you must point to bogus faults with all others?
To me,...if the sculpt kicks ass and the detailing is on point it doesn't matter who made it or if its a half inch shorter.
I have one Medicom figure....ROTJ Boba and he looks completely and utterly fine and dandy standing next to sideshow Greedo and three hot toys.
People in REAL LIFE are not all exactly the same height....why do they have to be exact here?? Get a grip people.

:lol :lol :lol

wrong.gif

Great argument... yes; clearly with my collection of over 100 1/6 figures I am unable to afford $220 for this :rolleyes2

And ROTJ Boba is actually one of the figures where the scale is in line with other manufacturers. Which makes Vader even more of an issues as he would only be marginally taller than Boba.

Sure people are all different sizes, but 1/6 scale means 1/6 actual size. Not 1/5, 1/4 etc. So for a company to call it'self a 1/6 manufacturer yet consistently underscale figures is a problem.

Last edited:
I have seen this Medicom _____ing about scale since I started collecting a few figs last year. You guys are ridiculous and over the top with the constant scrutiny concerning it. For the love of god people,...let it go.
Can you just not afford Medicom, so you always point to that, or do you want to feel so justified by the producer you buy from that you must point to bogus faults with all others?
To me,...if the sculpt kicks ass and the detailing is on point it doesn't matter who made it or if its a half inch shorter.
I have one Medicom figure....ROTJ Boba and he looks completely and utterly fine and dandy standing next to sideshow Greedo and three hot toys.
People in REAL LIFE are not all exactly the same height....why do they have to be exact here?? Get a grip people.

You sound fairly ignorant even for people on these boards... and thats saying alot. Congrats! :clap
No one wants there figures to be exactly the same height, they want them in 1/6 scale. too hard for some people to grasp I guess.

Last edited:

I think nobody is arguing that point.
The point is that Medicom's Vader (no matter which version) is not only underscale compared to other manufacturers, it's actually underscale compared to other Medicom figures.
That's all.

Most people want a Vader to display next to their other SW figures. And the Medi Vader is too small to look god next to any 1/6 scale figure.
I have the ROTJ Vader and, as nice as it is, it just has to be displayed by itself. I don't even display it with Medicom's Stormtroopers, as it would not represent the image of the imposing Vader I have in my mind.
It's the same with Medicom's Alien figure. It's beautiful, and one of my favorite figures, but it's too small to display with 1/6 figures, so I keep it on a different shelf.

Never cared about scale. EVER! My pics reflect that.(SS figs and medi figs look just fine together, Vader is a different story) It does seem like it's brought up way too much though. That said, i will wait for the new SS Vader.

It's also very liberating not to care about it.

OMG how will i ever sleep at night?
/toys

001-23.jpg

011-5.jpg

009-5.jpg

002-37.jpg

Last edited:
short video on the sound features
[ame]https://youtu.be/l8xyt10HlEw[/ame]

Hot Toys TDK Batman at the side for ppl who are concerned about scale/height etc...

Sound plays randomly though & sometimes they tend to repeat.

I never got the original Vader by Medicom. Always wanted to get it but I just never got the opportunity to do so. I'm hoping I get this one, since there are some signs of improvement, especially the face sculpt. although I will have to admit, the pricing is a certainly a bit too high.

I just don't see what the point is with bashing hatred on a piece that wasn't even released yet. Well, until now, i mean. It's quite childish and arrogant if you ask me. It's like reliving the expectations of the first Terminator film: everyone at first puts it down about how it's gonna be crap until its release and suddenly it gains a reputation for being one of the absolute BEST science fiction films to date. So my opinion, see what people have got first before you start deciding on whether or not you really want it.

short video on the sound features
https://youtu.be/l8xyt10HlEw

Hot Toys TDK Batman at the side for ppl who are concerned about scale/height etc...

Sound plays randomly though & sometimes they tend to repeat.

I could see having a Medicom scale discussion at your house...

"But he's a little short to display with..."
*click*
"There is no conflict."
"No, but seriously he looks short next to..."
*click*
"There is no conflict."

:rotfl

I like those voice clips, but too bad it's all random and repative at times. cool that he's taller than a standard 12" figure, but it still doesn't look to have that presence he has in the movie if that makes sense

I like my old Medi Vaders. Will not get this new one. The sound effect is a nice touch but not sure how necessary in the end.

Back