Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be the best Darth Vader yet.
The non helmet sculpt is amazing and probably only kids who grew up on old trilogy can probably appreciate it for what it is.

I could see having a Medicom scale discussion at your house...

"But he's a little short to display with..."
*click*
"There is no conflict."
"No, but seriously he looks short next to..."
*click*
"There is no conflict."

:rotfl

hahaha, thks that made me laughed!!!:rotfl

OK, can someone explain something to me, cos I am totally confused about the upcoming Darth Vader figure (or figures). I see on the Sideshow site itself a listing for the Medicom RAH Darth Vader 2.0 (ie. the one this thread is about).

So is there another Darth Vader figure (sometimes referred to as the Darth Vader Deluxe figure) that Sideshow is releasing on its own? This is the one they had at SDCC.

So are these two different DV figures, or one and the same??? Have I totally confused myself?!?!

Yes, chockey, there are two Vaders coming. Medicom's Vader is already up for pre-order. But Sideshow's is still being developed. We only got to see the prototype at SDCC and some photos they have released. So it could still be a while before we see him. Your guess is as good as mine's as to when the pre-order for Sideshow's Vader deluxe will be.

Yes, chockey, there are two Vaders coming. Medicom's Vader is already up for pre-order. But Sideshow's is still being developed. We only got to see the prototype at SDCC and some photos they have released. So it could still be a while before we see him. Your guess is as good as mine's as to when the pre-order for Sideshow's Vader deluxe will be.

Thanks for that! I thought I was losing my mind for a second there, so glad that's cleared up.

So with 2 figures coming, are we expecting the Medicom one to be better than the Sideshow (or vice versa)? Would anyone suggest waiting for the SSC one?

I have the new SSC Boba (not perfect, but still good), so was thinking that I should wait for the SSC Darth Vader....

Yeah, you're pretty much doomed to wait if you want Vader to scale well with your Boba (and I'm assuming you want to display them together). Medicom's figures are a slightly smaller scale in both height and mass/volume so Vader would look too short/thin beside SSC Fett. Beyond that, the new SSC Vader looks like it will be worth the wait, too (I know some people are not happy with the helmet displayed at SDCC, but we don't know if that's final).

Thanks for that! I thought I was losing my mind for a second there, so glad that's cleared up.

So with 2 figures coming, are we expecting the Medicom one to be better than the Sideshow (or vice versa)? Would anyone suggest waiting for the SSC one?

I have the new SSC Boba (not perfect, but still good), so was thinking that I should wait for the SSC Darth Vader....

That is a whole other can of worms, my friend.

Seriously it depends on a lot of things. Medicom figures are known to be a bit out of scale with other 1:6 figures--they're a bit shorter. They're also known to have more plastic-y cheapy accessories. However, lately they have tried to make their figures a little taller, and have improved on the figure bodies (which were known to break if you looked at them funny). Also, people swear by the sculpts and accuracy of the figures.

Personally, I feel like their line is too stylized in their sculpts for my taste. Add to that their being out of scale with other brands, I tend to steer away from Medicom.

Sideshow's old ANH Vader is not perfect--he is a little too tall, and the dome shape is wrong. But I'm fine with those things and am completely happy with the figure. The new Vader is said to have corrected the height issue, but the photos from SDCC suggest that the dome was not fixed. It's still in prototype phase so there's a strong chance it will still be fixed, but honestly I kind of doubt it will.

So it depends on your own personal taste, and whether you will concentrate on one manufacturer or another, since there is the disparity of scale to consider. Both manufacturers have their pros and cons. It just depends on what is important to you and what you're willing to overlook.

Edit: Invictus makes a great point about displaying with your current Boba. If you want to display them together, Sideshow's Vader is the way to go.

I think, between the two, the Medicom will be the most screen accurate....

Agreed, I just think regardless of size the medicom is better overall and definitely better sculpt. If your argument is size hell why not stand the hasbro vader amongst your collection...given the result with SSC Boba fett I'm worried about the upcoming vader regardless of what the proto will look like. SSC fett is terrible, and once the nostalgia wears off of just having fett in the collection I think many people will wonder what they were thinking. SSC cuts too many corners with quality....:lecture

Agreed, I just think regardless of size the medicom is better overall and definitely better sculpt. If your argument is size hell why not stand the hasbro vader amongst your collection...given the result with SSC Boba fett I'm worried about the upcoming vader regardless of what the proto will look like. SSC fett is terrible, and once the nostalgia wears off of just having fett in the collection I think many people will wonder what they were thinking. SSC cuts too many corners with quality....:lecture

Completely agree sir. Sideshows figures are clearly lower quality than people make them out to be. The only Star Wars figure they did well was Greedo imo.

Unless Hot Toys is working on this for SS I don't see how it can be better than medicoms.

I just really wish this figure had included the breathing sounds for when his hand gets severed and at least one verse when he was dying with his helmet off.

This guy is going to be bad ass.

I think he is the coolest Vader yet and the screen accuracy is second to none.

I'll wait until this comes out to make a call. I don't think the SSC boba is that bad and fits in nicely with my hot toys (click my fb link to see pics and vids). But I'll wait and see reviews before getting either. Hmm unless they sell out.....

Completely agree sir. Sideshows figures are clearly lower quality than people make them out to be. The only Star Wars figure they did well was Greedo imo.
Greedo is excellent yes, & Hammerhead's pretty damn good too. :wink1:
As far as SSC 1/6 figures go, I've only got those two & the phase1 clone commander.

I have to agree with you guys - I'm not a fan of the SSC Fett at all, & I'm not much of a SSC fan generally to be honest. I've bypassed the company almost completely over the years, & the fact that HT are doing some SW characters now, is beautiful news.

I have a small focused list of SW wants, so I'm sure I'll get nice versions of them at some stage - whether it's HT, Medi or SSC. I'll just pick the ones that I think are worth the money - & more importantly.. that I like. :)

i had sideshow vader and medicom vader rotj ,and medicom figures are great compare to sideshow very cheap looking,
sideshow vader was so ugly i sold two days later thank god.
but a lot of people think sideshow figures are better witch is bull****.

Here's a very nice photographic review:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/637330-medicom-darth-vader-tm-ver-2-0-a.html

Comments I made over there:

Looks beautiful, but still seems a bit light weight for Vader.
Might work for a young Vader, just after the fall of the Republic, but it seems to me the figure still lacks the heft of the OT Vader.
I own the original Medicom ROTJ Vader, and while a beautiful figure, it's not even in scale to other Medicom figures.

Beautiful. Not impressed with anything SS is doing so Medi it is.

2347406o4erjzu4gqoyor5.jpg

Back