Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom RAH Darth Vader - new?

People on these threads don't need to be paid by anyone to rag on a figure they feel warrants it. And a lot of folks are simply medicom haters and take every opportunity to diss their stuff.

Just a little sarcasm on my last quote.
However several years ago too this year when people were upset about medicom pricing, like medicom boba fett, people did not want to pay $150 for a 12 inch figure. Now SSC has caught up in pricing, yet people still complain. Given the soon to pre-order SSC boba fett is going to retail at $160 I find the constant bashing redundant.

I'm an avid collector of both lines, I will say one thing on sculpts.
Figures in Hand by Medicom typically look better when the product is in hand then the preview. SSC prototypes usually look better as paint apps usually diminish the final product. Given the two lines QC is usually better with Medicom in my experience.

I love my Medicoms - both Vaders, both Fetts, Both Yoda and the Jawa - but I'll say this - the quality of the plastic they use for the bodies are prone to breaking -- peeling, if you will, at the joints -- I don't know if these are PVC joints or not, but they break with the least amount of effort because some of them are prone to having manufacturing defects -- I hope they've fixed these issues because I've had piece broken right out of the box...though I must say the sculpts are great, best Vader when it first came out, but HT has really taken 1/6 to a whole new level. I'm a little disappointed that Medicom didn't try and improve on the figure even more -- maybe more mass on the body if nothing else, and different poised hands...at leat they repainted Anakins head...but I don't know if I need to pick up another almost identical vader - except the hand...we'll see...maybe its different enough...

I love my Medicoms - both Vaders, both Fetts, Both Yoda and the Jawa - but I'll say this - the quality of the plastic they use for the bodies are prone to breaking -- peeling, if you will, at the joints -- I don't know if these are PVC joints or not, but they break with the least amount of effort because some of them are prone to having manufacturing defects -- I hope they've fixed these issues because I've had piece broken right out of the box...though I must say the sculpts are great, best Vader when it first came out, but HT has really taken 1/6 to a whole new level. I'm a little disappointed that Medicom didn't try and improve on the figure even more -- maybe more mass on the body if nothing else, and different poised hands...at leat they repainted Anakins head...but I don't know if I need to pick up another almost identical vader - except the hand...we'll see...maybe its different enough...

This is all true, damn true.

Only thing I'd be interested in from this figure would be a parted-out suit from Toy Anxiety to replace my peeling one. For all its flaws, I still love my Medicom ROTJ Vader.

Han looks great. Can't wait to get him. Hopefully he will be $300.00 so no one will buy him but me.

anyone have any new info on the new medicom uu vader? I know we finally received some decent pics of their new han. I'm hoping the figure is taller then their last ventures.

I am thinking of selling my SS Vader as its not as good as the Medicom (in my eyes) I just think the SS looks chubby and squat. The medicom looks nicely scaled.

Chubby? Vader was played by a body builder not a scrawny teenager. :lol

That may be but has no bearing on the SS vader to me. :D

Last edited:

I like my Medi Vaders. But the new one besides the voice and lights has really a different sculpt?

I like my Medi Vaders. But the new one besides the voice and lights has really a different sculpt?

I love medis too , but yes JK is different from the previous version, has better detail of painting, I think the clothing and armor look the same, the decapitated hand and led saber are particularly attractive for me , but i have the first version and it's ok, so , i will think very well ....

Look closer to the proto pics, the fabric on both arm are already detelerated. :slap

I'm really digging the look of this but I'll wait for the SS version. Cool that he's on the new body, but that just means he'll be as tall of other 1/6 figures and not taller like he should be.

For a long time I enjoyed my Medi Vader, great craftsmanship, but SS Vader is much, much better, specially with Hasbro's helmet...

Too bad we had to do that mod on this figure....

Look closer to the proto pics, the fabric on both arm are already detelerated. :slap

One of the reasons I'm not very fond of pleather and rubber suits, they have problems and not only on the Medi figures. We'll have to see. Not sure what the quality of the suit on the SS ANH Vader is though.

Yeah I'm dissapointed about this too. Given the price point on these figures I'm curious why the hell we cannot get real leather suits to fit them???? Scrap the voice box, the led saber feature and give us a suit that lasts.

Is the helmet the same? Even more than the scale issue, I was always disappointed in the Medi helmet as it didn't look all that great from the side.

Back