Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfoga said:
Not to rain on the parade, but have these been approved? I am wondering if LFL would want two of the same character that close together. This seems a lil odd to me , and could have a very adverse effect on the Medicom Sideshow relationship I think.

How far apart were Medi's and SS's Jedi Luke?

Either way-and as nice as they will undoubtedly be-I don't dig a $60 ewok.

mfoga said:
I am wondering if LFL would want two of the same character that close together. This seems a lil odd to me , and could have a very adverse effect on the Medicom Sideshow relationship I think.

Do you even have to wonder? I mean I love Star Wars and collecting the merchandise and all don't get me wrong, but I also acknowledge that it's a beast of a marketing item that branches out into every corner of existence that it can, and to that end, considering the money Medi pieces bring in for Star Wars, I wouldn't doubt they'd welcome 2 companies producing the exact same character / item. The real question is what do the contracts stipulate. For example, I'm sure LFL would gladly have SSC make helmeted busts, but the MR contract was done so they'd have exclusive rights to make 1:1 helmets, even if they never made a helmet or planned to and SSC wanted to, their contract protected the right. If Sideshow's contract doesn't guarantee them any unique rights, then if Medi sought LFL approval to make an item, I'm sure LFL would happily approve, providing the product met standards they uphold.

pixletwin said:
How far apart were Medi's and SS's Jedi Luke?

Either way-and as nice as they will undoubtedly be-I don't dig a $60 ewok.
I think they were about a year apart, but that was also SS first figure.

Sideshow flat out said part of their choice for Jedi Luke was they wanted to start out the line with something that could be compared to a prexisting high end figure in the scale, and since Vader was the only other option, and we know their stance on armor, Luke was the only choice.

Now that I think about it, depending on how the Medicom's clothing looks on the figure, if it does get produced, I might put Sideshow's clothes on him because they'd be significantly large for the Medi body and would look bulkier and more puffed out on Maul, which his costume always had the look of most of the time in the Theed duel.

jlcmsu said:
Ah hell just put him up for sale already so I can order it. :D
I think you'll be waiting till at least dec. for him to arrive.Order? who knows? If SS gets this and puts it up for order that would be very interesting to say the least.(I'm kinda thinkin that aint gonna happen and i'd just go with hlj.com..but who knows!!)

That Medi could replace my SS Maul. One thing i notice right away is the robe is of proper length and size unlike the SS one.

jlcmsu said:
Ah hell just put him up for sale already so I can order it. :D

You and me both Josh, I'm already amping for this thing, I have Duel of the Fates going in my mind :)

As for SSC offering it, if they do, to say the least, there'll be some burning servers that day.

mfoga said:
Not to rain on the parade, but have these been approved? I am wondering if LFL would want two of the same character that close together. This seems a lil odd to me , and could have a very adverse effect on the Medicom Sideshow relationship I think.

I dont understand why youd think this mark?

Sideshow is Sideshow, and Meidcom is Medicom. It's not like they are sister companies or something like that where one product would affect the sales of the other.

Also, when have we seen a preview of a Medicom figure that ended up not being approved or sold? never.

Just curious, why are people so amped about a Medicom Palpatine, he's probably one the few characters who would ever require a very articulated body, seems like a waste of a choice for them to me.

KitFisto said:
That Medi could replace my SS Maul. One thing i notice right away is the robe is of proper length and size unlike the SS one.

dont forget the proper size boots, unlike the over sized sideshow boots that are die-cast out of iron :lol

MaulFan said:
Just curious, why are people so amped about a Medicom Palpatine, he's probably one the few characters who would ever require a very articulated body, seems like a waste of a choice for them to me.

You do, of course, have a point there. Hmmmmmm. :emperor

Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to see deformed Palpatine finally get a proper 1/6 representation, but, given Sideshow's track record with paint apps on their alien figures, and the lack of articulation necessity for the figure, specially if they made a throne for him :), Medi wouldn't be the one I'd want to make him, I think he's a perfect fit for Sideshow, if they would just give him to us already :)

MaulFan said:

Yes a lot of people are. But not just a palpatine a SIDIOUS. :D with a few different heads and costumes etc. god i would love it.:drool

You're right MF. Screw Medi-Palps! :lol

I will say I am anxious to see more pics of Medi-Maul though.

Not considering Jedi Luke and considering how Medicom has picked up some steam on their head sculpts and likeness, this'll be a great figure to go head-to-head with Sideshow.

Hopefully this'll give Sideshow the incentive to move on with that new figure body!Medicom has already been one-upping them by giving them figures of characters that the fans REALLY want!

Seth Gecko said:
I think you'll be waiting till at least dec. for him to arrive.Order? who knows? If SS gets this and puts it up for order that would be very interesting to say the least.(I'm kinda thinkin that aint gonna happen and i'd just go with hlj.com..but who knows!!)

That's ok. I can wait I think since I have the SS version and PF to keep me company. I'm just looking forward to another cool Maul product.

As far as SS doing something with it I don't see why they wouldn't.

MaulFan said:
You and me both Josh, I'm already amping for this thing, I have Duel of the Fates going in my mind :)

As for SSC offering it, if they do, to say the least, there'll be some burning servers that day.

Yup, already amping for it. :duff

Yeah, I think they will as well depending on the ES and amount they get to distribute. Since this won't be an Inclusive version.

Back