Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far it seems that's all we got. Hopefully the next day or two some boys from Japan will hook us up.

Looks good from here, but I don't doubt Medi 1 bit on this guy.

mfoga said:
Whats odd is this seems to be the only one. I have not seem another, hell even Slave1.jp who has a few new Medicom things from this event doesnt have this.

just the same as many other asian products, a lot of them are not supposed to be photographed. These pictures were taken from an online newsgroup, i highly doubt slave1 would want medicom to find out they were posting pics of product that isnt supposed to out there yet.

Ok I did find a lil info on this. It seems like they had it shown and they are saying the price is 18,900 yen which is roughly $150. Well that assumes that bablefish traslated the page right.

it is 18,900 yen

so 149.99 if SS gets it.(but maybe SWS will get this one....if anybody gets it)

Seth Gecko said:
it is 18,900 yen

so 149.99 if SS gets it.(but maybe SWS will get this one....if anybody gets it)
Don't count on that its more then the Sandtrooper, the Sandtrooper is 17,640 and this is 18,900.

I think this will be a lil higher.

Either way enjoy it, no way I paying that.

It will be no more that 150$ Boba was 18,900 as well.(so was jango so was vader etc. etc.)

Hopefully some new pics show up soon,otherwise i'll be lookin to medicom's website when they update next month around the 24th

Last edited:
EVILFACE said:
Yea, a cropped pic of a hooded figure that people are spouting is suddenly 10000 times better than Sideshows :lol

judging by the boots it's already 10000 times better then sideshows :lol

True, but you do usually tend to say that about most of Medicom's products. I'll wait and see, though one will not be "better" than another. They're just different, and what one person desires might ward off another buyer. It's all in what you want to see, and you can't say either is superior unless it's better to your own tastes. :cool:

I am excited to see it, I wonder what it will look like when we have better pics!

don't look at me, I'm not even getting this figure.. not even planing on it. I don't desire it one bit. not nearly as much as you desired a faramir figure.. and we all know how that turned out..

Just from that one picture, it's hard to tell much about the figure. I think that it will be pretty sweet though. It should please the fans quite well.

:cool:
snakebeater said:
don't look at me, I'm not even getting this figure.. not even planing on it. I don't desire it one bit. not nearly as much as you desired a faramir figure.. and we all know how that turned out..

:rotfl Fair enough dude, I didn't mean to look all fussy. Don't think I was telling you off, you're cooler than that. And no worries about Faramir bro--he's everything I wanted, and once he's been touched up, my life will be perfect. I still can't believe it--all that hype, and he's gonna be even BETTER than I thought!

And people say dreams don't come true--ha!

haha I know I know, sucks when you look foward to something so much and it's let down by bad production process.. I know les will make it everything you ever wanted.

Thanks. It's not even really that bad (I'm pretty forgiving if you haven't noticed), and I wasn't "let down" really at all, but yeah, I really want it perfect. Not even the best SSC paint-job could have given me that. Only a real master. But DUDE you should see this costume--it's freakin' unbelievable!

Oh, sorry, this isn't a Faramir thread. Oops! I mean "Gee wilikers that Medi-Maul sure looks great!"

Back to your regularly scheduled thread . . .
:cool:

EVILFACE said:
Yea, a cropped pic of a hooded figure that people are spouting is suddenly 10000 times better than Sideshows :lol

Yeah, just like when you saw a similar RAH Boba Fett pic last year and you say it was no better than the HAsbro Fett.

Shut you up for a while

:lol :lol

I like the SSC Darth Maul so much that I bought 2 pieces. Medicom might have a more superior 12" body but I doubt they can out do the SSC head sculpt.
Actually I am more keen on Wicket. Medicom did a fine job for their VCD Yoda.

Puay said:
I like the SSC Darth Maul so much that I bought 2 pieces. Medicom might have a more superior 12" body but I doubt they can out do the SSC head sculpt.

If they DON'T out do it (which I know they CAN), they'll meet it. So an equal head sculpt + better body = Totally all for it to me!:maul

PosterBoyKelly said:
If they DON'T out do it (which I know they CAN), they'll meet it. So an equal head sculpt + better body = Totally all for it to me!:maul

Unlike their earlier Jedi Luke which carries a very Manga look. Judging from Jango's and Yoda's head sculpt, Medicom has now make their RAH more lifelike.
To me this is improvement. Kelly, you might just be right.
I am never a supporter of Medicom for they over priced their products.

Yeah Medicom's price is a lot, but for the quality I have no problems paying it. I usually wait though, you can almost ALWAYS find their Star Wars RAH for about $50 less on the after market if you're patient. And I think that for the quality they're equally worth the price of SS 12". Meaning to say SS Figures Quality, you pay $60-$70, Medicom Quality you pay $100-$150, and for your money I'd say their equal. Their only BIG problem is the bodies breaking. I never had this happen, but it is a bit of an epidemic, and for the price it's crap, but hopefully they amend that. They seem to fix everything else people complain about like human likeness and wrists (scale doesn't count as a problem, it's a complex and it's the collectors bag if they have a problem with that)

Khev said:
Wow! Those figures looking amazing! And an ewok, cool! Someone mentioned they might be doing a Padme figure as well. Has Medicom ever produced a female figure for its RAH line?

plenty, SSC carries the evanglion girls. There are tons more overseas. The up coming deathnote misa misa is one serious cutey.

Back