Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Just got back from the medicom party - with previews of many upcoming releases including Star wars series 8... and 9. Big News. The new series are figures from the new movies. anakin at various ages, padme, C3P0, clone troopers, jango fett, droid soldiers, imperial guards and Darth Maul."

from a site i goto!!!^(some will be kubs obviously)

I read that post at that forum, he only mentioned the Kubricks.

Seth Gecko said:
I sold my SS maul about 2 days after owning it cause it looked very crappy as far as poses go an unnatural looking etc.( and the boots made it look like a hasbro fig to me even with the good sculpt)Now i'm glad i sold it..WOW didn't see this coming.

Can you imagine the gallery pics for this when it comes out?.:drool

I'm thinking edwint will do a similar job to the RAH Bruce Lee gallery he did.
Should be an awesome set of pics.

MaulFan said:
If SSC Maul were painted with his tats like the custom, they'd look equal.

I think the main problem area is around the mouth where SS did a really poor job. There's way too much red around the lips and on the custom you see how the mouth area should actually look. The other thing is the eyes. The custom has really piercing Sith eyes while Sideshow's are just kinda "blah". If you fixed those two things on the SS figure it would be darn near perfect.

wow a medicom maul will be pretty sweet. along with their vaders, boba and jango...that would be a pretty stellar showcase. i dig the ss maul and don't think liking one means you can't like the other. the ss one is prolly my first or second favorite ss figure i own. the poses the medicom one will be able to hold will be pretty spectacular. as far as him looking toyish i cab't wait to see. i didn't think the pics of jango looked toyish but after the last two face 'attempts' i have gotten with faramir and yavin luke i might just take 'toyish' without an afterthought. just when i think i'm done with medicom...

Last edited:
Y'know...I just may have to get this bad boy because the poseability will be off the charts. I hope though that the accessories are at least comparable to the Sideshow version.

Plus, I know a kid who's old/responsible enough to handle something like the SSC version, so giving him mine would make a nice gift for him. :)

i like the SS Maul but it's always been to "sleepy" lookin for my taste. if the Medi has some anger issues, i'm all over it. and i don't think that Ewok is made of fur. wish it was, but doesn't look it to me.

Mookeylama said:
i like the SS Maul but it's always been to "sleepy" lookin for my taste. if the Medi has some anger issues, i'm all over it. and i don't think that Ewok is made of fur. wish it was, but doesn't look it to me.

True, he does look like early-morning Maul, doesn't he? :)

As for Wicket, it looks like sculpted plastic to me as well, but it's very good sculpting. I think Chewie would look just fine if enough attention was paid to detail.

Even if Wicket were fur, he has a nappy, shag carpet like fur, not hair strands like Chewbacca, so even to do ewoks is no sign of being able to mass do Chewie. You know, I have to say, showing off a new kick ass Maul item is not something good to do with a MaulFan on the boards :) I'm going to go nuts waiting for this thing :(

Yup finally a maul worth buying IMO.I can't wait to see some more pics.(I wonder if this will be a qtr.4 dealio or a 08' thing.)

Maul SO DESERVED THE RAH TREATMENT.(glad to see he's getting it)

MaulFan said:
Even if Wicket were fur, he has a nappy, shag carpet like fur, not hair strands like Chewbacca, so even to do ewoks is no sign of being able to mass do Chewie.(

But it shows that at least one 1/6 scale company has the cajones to attempt this. First step: Wicket and his shag fur. Next step...tackling the "big walking carpet"!!! :chew

At least, it'd be nice if it played out that way. But Medicom would definitely need to use a much taller body than Vader.

Seth Gecko said:
Yup finally a maul worth buying IMO.I can't wait to see some more pics.(I wonder if this will be a qtr.4 dealio or a 08' thing.)

Maul SO DESERVED THE RAH TREATMENT.(glad to see he's getting it)

I'm guessing it's a 2008 release. They seem to space out their SW offerings by many months, and Jango is already on tap for October.

Granted, odds are he'll have articulated wrist, which for the sake of the gloves, SSC did not, but I hope some day Medicom uses a multiple axis wrist joint, until then, Maul and others will still not reach their full potential of poses with the RAH bod, if they had multi axis joints like SSC and HT, that'd really open up options. What I'll enjoy most with this figure is the neck joint, Maul is a character with a lot of movement in his body and the most bad ass of action poses need a versatile neck joint which this will be useful for.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
But it shows that at least one 1/6 scale company has the cajones to attempt this. First step: Wicket and his shag fur. Next step...tackling the "big walking carpet"!!! :chew

At least, it'd be nice if it played out that way. But Medicom would definitely need to use a much taller body than Vader.

I'm guessing it's a 2008 release. They seem to space out their SW offerings by many months, and Jango is already on tap for October.

Well it does show a first step for sure, my point was, the shag fur seems fairly easy to produce in mass product, hell Hasbro's beanie baby Wicket had it pretty good and that's a cheap kids toy, but Chewie's fur is a challenging feat, and if someone could do it right I'd be all for it, but in the mean time, a nice sculpted one just to have a solid 1/6 Chewie would be nice to have now. As for size, I'd never want to see Medicom do it, they just seem to work with a unit of measure that will never fit too well with SSC or even HT, and since Han, Luke, Leia and gang are done by SSC, we'd need Chewie in that scale.

Screw medi chewy i'd rather medicom did a Han solo next so we could get a good high end solo thats badly needed.(and the SS one doesn't count for me)I honestly didn't think medicom would even do maul it was more of a dream of mine.Now that it's a reality i think the doors are really open now as to what medicom will do now.(AND I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!)

Seth Gecko said:
Screw medi chewy i'd rather medicom did a Han solo next so we could get a good high end solo thats badly needed.(and the SS one doesn't count for me)I honestly didn't think medicom would even do maul it was more of a dream of mine.Now that it's a reality i think the doors are really open now as to what medicom will do now.(AND I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!)

+1 on ALL of that! I wanna Palpatine and Solo next! I guess Solo a little more just to get some more Medicom hero's, they got so many villains. But thank GOD they're branching out of the armored Star Wars characters like they need to!

Mookeylama said:

The SSC trademark "vacant stare" is without doubt in full effect and I think with Maul it's even less acceptable than with most other characters,he's supposed to be the embodiment of Sith rage & intensity,yet the SSC paintjob makes him look like he's stoned out of his mind :rolleyes:
It would be cool if Wicket was made with "real" fur but if not it's no biggie as the figure still looks great and should hopefully cost the same as VCD Yoda.
I also echo the call for an RAH Han Solo,the SSC Bespin version was awful and even if like everyone else in the past Medicom couldn't 100% nail Harrison Ford's likeness,the figure would at least have nicely tailored attire and decent poseability.

Now that you mention the VCD Yoda, I wonder if Wicket will come out as a VCD and not an RAH figure.

QQB said:
613315858_94169e95c4_o.jpg

just show in medicom TOYSHOW 2007~~!

Wow! Those figures looking amazing! And an ewok, cool! Someone mentioned they might be doing a Padme figure as well. Has Medicom ever produced a female figure for its RAH line?

HELL YEAH!!! Just popped in to see this great news!

And one other thing to note, THOSE BOOTS LOOK FANTASTIC!!!! Thank God!

Back