1/6 Medicom Dark Knight returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed. sideshow come up with their own incarnations, taking aspects from different artistic interpretations.

medicoms for the most part are very comic accurate and look like they jumped right out of the graphic novel.

agreed. sideshow come up with their own incarnations, taking aspects from different artistic interpretations.

medicoms for the most part are very comic accurate and look like they jumped right out of the graphic novel.

And there is nothing wrong with that but us fans were under the impression, at least I was, that we were getting comic versions of these characters. That's why you have dozens of fans like yourself saying "I want this version or I'd love that version," when in reality we haven't gotten a comic version of anything yet from SSC. To me it is a wasted opportunity. Even though it would have been harder for SSC to do, me as a fan and a consumer would have preferred actual comic book versions of these figures. It would have been a dream come true. Oh we'll, let's see what Hot Toys can do with a comic book license.

I seriously doubt Sideshow's practice of taking elements from different incarnations of a character is set in stone to the point where they would refuse to make a popular figure because of it. That would just be foolish. They're a business. If their internal math tells them that a DKR figure would be a big seller--and the 30th anniversary of the comic is coming up by the way, and I'm sure DC will be doing something to celebrate it--then I'm sure they'd make one.

I seriously doubt Sideshow's practice of taking elements from different incarnations of a character is set in stone to the point where they would refuse to make a popular figure because of it. That would just be foolish. They're a business. If their internal math tells them that a DKR figure would be a big seller--and the 30th anniversary of the comic is coming up by the way, and I'm sure DC will be doing something to celebrate it--then I'm sure they'd make one.

It's the 30th Anniversary of Dark Knight Returns in 2016, that's very interesting. You know it's the 75th Anniversary of Batman right now. But to your point they would be crazy not to do it but from what we have seen from the DC line, present and future releases as well as the Marvel line a Dark Knight Returns Batman figure from SSC seems highly unlikely. Just look at the Joe line, did SSC ever make the most popular version of Snake Eyes or Destro? How about really popular characters like Scarlett or Lady Jaye? It was their 30th Anniversary in 2012.

Last edited:
I just hope this figure goes the way of just about every other medi. $200 today, $60 tomorrow.

It's a great figure, really like the headsculpt and this new body Medicom made for him...... but this vinyl suit that comes with is just not making it happen for me......

I asked Alex if there were any more versions of Batman planned and she said 'there just might be! Keep a look out!'

I'd love to see them full-on tackle comics.

I asked Alex if there were any more versions of Batman planned and she said 'there just might be! Keep a look out!'

I'd love to see them full-on tackle comics.

i'd love a blue/yellow oval version of DKR batman. and i actually think that the medicom body used for hush batman would be perfect for a jim aparo bronze age batman. now that would be a dream figure for me.

Latest addition to my Batman Collection :)
Thanks to Seb for the tips and Tony Mei for the suit :hi5:

Back