1/6 Medicom Dark Knight returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thread and no pics?

RAH-Dark-Knight-Returns-Batman-2.jpg

FIG-KAI-6343_04.jpg

rah_batmanr37e_03.jpg

o0480063912631514047.jpg

I saw a local retailer already having this in hand. I really, really would like a 1/6 TDKR figure. Oh Medicom, dare to I give you another chance? :lol

MEDICOM TDKR BATMAN.
Just got this a few days ago. I love the body proportins, it's creams Miller Batman.

First thing I did was replaced the crap suit and cape by a Tony Mei suit and cape. Thousand times better. The medi suit is just crap.

I extended the calves and resculpted them.
Repainted the belt.

Next step is a face repaint.

Love that figure.

IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

Actually I didn't. I immediately removed the suit. The figure looks great it's just that medicom suit that was plain horrible. Cape is also a disaster.
Other than that I love the body proportion and head.

might pick this up to replace the body on my miller bats as i've go the mei suit and cape and its looking awesome so far elvis :rock wheres the best place to grab it right now?

MEDICOM TDKR BATMAN.
Just got this a few days ago. I love the body proportins, it's creams Miller Batman.

First thing I did was replaced the crap suit and cape by a Tony Mei suit and cape. Thousand times better. The medi suit is just crap.

Repainted the belt.

Love that figure.

IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

Great job as always Seb!

I was wondering what that body looked like under that baggy plastic suit :)
Could you imagine how many Medicom would sell it their suit was close to Tony's

After seeing what you did, I'm really happy to have this on preorder.
I am excited to see my SSC Batman arrive on Wednesday.
Now I am just as excited for the Medicom one.
Guess I'll be contacting Tony today.

Quick question: How does the height on this
stock Medi Bats compare to other 1/6 figures?

MEDICOM TDKR BATMAN.

Repainted the belt.

Love that figure.

IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

Looks great with Tony's suit, that stock suit looked freaking horrid. Definitely hope to see these on a deep discount down the road some day.

Out of the box he is the size of a regular figure.
That is why I extended the legs a bit?

Got it from AMiAmi for 125$. Honestly worth the body, head, gauntlets, hands, boots and belt.

That's a great price Seb.

I ordered mine from DCBService and got it for $150. I have a feeling Diamond Comics might not get theirs until December so I might have to splurge and get a second one.

Extending the legs makes sense since the DKR Bats should be a little taller than other figures. Might I ask what you did to extend them?

Based on your great picture, I just ordered the suit, trunk and cape from Tony. Looking forward to seeing your head repaint.

Damn, I thought that was it and was like "WHOA!" then read you did stuff to it. I'm too lazy to do stuff, so if it looks crummy out of the box, NOPE. Anyone got any stock pics?

That's a great price Seb.

I ordered mine from DCBService and got it for $150. I have a feeling Diamond Comics might not get theirs until December so I might have to splurge and get a second one.

Extending the legs makes sense since the DKR Bats should be a little taller than other figures. Might I ask what you did to extend them?

Based on your great picture, I just ordered the suit, trunk and cape from Tony. Looking forward to seeing your head repaint.

You will see once you get the figure. When your removed the boots the feet has a long extender so you can insert them less further into the leg so that he looks taller but you will have to resculpt the calves cause there will be some gaps between the leg and boots.

Damn, I thought that was it and was like "WHOA!" then read you did stuff to it. I'm too lazy to do stuff, so if it looks crummy out of the box, NOPE. Anyone got any stock pics?

Apart from the horrible suit the figure is great.

DId you repaint the belt as well? Looks great Seb :clap

Yup belt was also repainted.

MEDICOM TDKR BATMAN.

Repainted the belt.

Love that figure.

IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

Damn seb, now i need this body. Please let me know if everyone sell the body for fm batman
Really need one

Yeah I gotta see the horrible suit though. Sometimes my standards are low. Also I had one offered to me for $120 so I wanna see how bad the suit is.

MEDICOM TDKR BATMAN.

Repainted the belt.

Love that figure.

IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

Wow; your changes have changed this from an average figure to a must buy. The proportions are great, the body looks perfect but Tony's suit and cape, the altering of the belt and whatever's left of the original Medicom figure really make this figure stand out.

Yeah I gotta see the horrible suit though. Sometimes my standards are low. Also I had one offered to me for $120 so I wanna see how bad the suit is.

I would have been more ok with the body suit if
1. It was tighter to the body
2. If the trunks were not sewn to the bodysuit. It just doesn't look good and the trunks are ridding way to high giving him weird proportions.

Back