1/6 Medicom Dark Knight returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's Medicom, so normal Medicom shortness. Shorter/smaller than SS or HT slightly. It's a stand-alone toy for me. I don't need it to set up with other toys to recreate some diorama or anything. I just jam all the Batman stuff together, 12", cheap bootlegs, etc. But if you need it to match up, eh, it's Medicom so it'll ONLY balance out well with Medicom.

If the suit stretched ok enough for some dynamic poses, whatever, I'd be good. But it's garbage. Like some crappy dollar store junk. It sucks too because it'a all that's really keeping it from being a knock out for me.

He's Medicom, so normal Medicom shortness. Shorter/smaller than SS or HT slightly. It's a stand-alone toy for me. I don't need it to set up with other toys to recreate some diorama or anything. I just jam all the Batman stuff together, 12", cheap bootlegs, etc. But if you need it to match up, eh, it's Medicom so it'll ONLY balance out well with Medicom.

If the suit stretched ok enough for some dynamic poses, whatever, I'd be good. But it's garbage. Like some crappy dollar store junk. It sucks too because it'a all that's really keeping it from being a knock out for me.

The Medi HUSH Batman was as tall or taller than the Hot Toys Batman figures. Are you saying this figure is shorter than the last Medicom Batman figure? That's rough.

Yeah, the lack of height makes this a pass for me. DKR Batman has to be huge and imposing and scary. Carrie Kelly said he seemed about "twelve feet tall." The bulky shape of his body looks good--too bad they didn't think to give him enough height.

Medicom always scales small, usually. I don't have the Hush one but it looks smaller than most SSC stuff. It's chunky and cool I think, again I don't mix and match my 1/6 stuff so compared to nothing his scale's fine hahaha. Here it is next to SSC Fett.
a2EuN7w.jpg

That height comparrison is really disapointing. Miller bats needs to be huge like in the graphic novel. Too bad, pass for me till price drop.

It's huge next to 6" figures LOL! That's really how like 99% of Medicom is. Again, if you want it as just another cool Miller Bats than it's worth it. I found mine for $125 shipped though from Japan. So spending a bit extra to get a better suit isn't a big deal to me and will make it worth while.

If that SSC Boba Fett is supposed to be a 12 inch figure, the Medicom Bats looks almost like he's 10 inch scale!

Maybe Sideshow will do a Dark Knight Returns Bats at some point.

If that SSC Boba Fett is supposed to be a 12 inch figure, the Medicom Bats looks almost like he's 10 inch scale!

Maybe Sideshow will do a Dark Knight Returns Bats at some point.

Or even Hot Toys. Shame to see such an iconic Bat given such shoddy treatment - looking forward to Mezco's.

Medicom always scales small, usually. I don't have the Hush one but it looks smaller than most SSC stuff. It's chunky and cool I think, again I don't mix and match my 1/6 stuff so compared to nothing his scale's fine hahaha. Here it is next to SSC Fett.
a2EuN7w.jpg

Is the suit and trunks are one piece ? I think the HS is fine need bit of repaint and the belt as well

where's the best place to order this i see bbts still has it for pre order but seeing some of these photos im kinda anxious to get it

The shorts and suit are 1 garment, it sucks.

I got mine from Mandarake Japan. It was 10000 Yen (around $100) then shipping to the States, it all equaled out to $120.

Yeah and they accept paypal and ship to the US. Just search "RAH" and if one's in stock it'll pop up.

I have a new suit and cape for mine on order with Tony to try to replicate Seb's (Elvis) one as shown below.
I know he added height to his, and had to resculpt the lower legs. I originally thought I would skip that part.
After seeing the height issue, I'll have to do the same.
IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

I have a new suit and cape for mine on order with Tony to try to replicate Seb's (Elvis) one as shown below.
I know he added height to his, and had to resculpt the lower legs. I originally thought I would skip that part.
After seeing the height issue, I'll have to do the same.
IMG_0021_zps1308b890.jpg

Now that photo looks great

Thanks for the photos Awesome-O!

I guess I'll pass on this and I was really looking forward to it too. I can take it that the terrible suit having to be replaced, no weapons, but having him underscaled was the last straw. I would really like to have a 1/6 lineup of Batmen together (West, TDKR, Keaton, BTAS, Bale and Arkham Bats) on one shelf.

That's a sweet DKR Batman.

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Sideshow would be foolish not to produce a DKR Batman. It's one of his most iconic incarnations and would definitely be one of the best possible variants they could make. I can see most collectors being happy with only one Sideshow Batman if they just produce the usual suspects as variants--but who wouldn't want a DKR Batman? He's so distinctive he's almost a separate character from any other Batman you might have on the shelf.

And I'll take a Carrie Kelly Robin while you're at it, Sideshow...

What makes you think SSC will make a Dark Knight Returns Batman? Now I'm not saying that to be argumentative but if you look at what SSC has done so far with their DC line the one thing that stands out to me is these are not comic book figures as they are not based on any specific comic. If they haven't done it yet 4 figures in why would they start, even if it is as iconic as DKR. Looking at what Medicom has done, correct scale or not, not only do their figures look like they are right from the comic but the actually tell you what comic they are specifically based on. No guessing if it's Neil Adams or Jim Lee when it is neither. I'll never say never but I highly doubt SSC will make actual comic based figures, instead we are getting what we got with GI Joe; SSC interpretations that you can kinda tell what they were going for but not 100 percent be sure.

Back