[Medicom] Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol to tell you the truth, both medicom and sideshow are so off scale... I mean come on jedi luke being 12" flat? that'll make him 6 foot tall... and we all know mark hamill wasn't that tall..

Thanks for the pics, Seth. Yeah, I can see how the scale looks wrong with Medi Vader being posed near Luke because Vader was much taller. But I have a theory about this that lays the "blame" on the films...not the toy companies.

Think about how tall Vader is in the original trilogy and then think about how tall Hayden Christensen is in ROTS. Technically, Vader should only be as tall as Hayden. Otherwise, the extended height means that the med droids gave Anakin much longer legs that his severed legs (everything else was relatively intact...scorched yes, but intact).

Essentially, the only way Vader should be a towering height is if he was given...

...wait for it....

....MONKEY LEGS!!!!

Ahh...so Sideshow must've designed Vader's cybernetic legs before they tackled Luke's monkey arms... :D

Seriously, it all comes down this: Lucas wanted a towering villain in the OT, which is understandable. But he wrote himself into a corner later in the PT by not making Anakin a taller person.

So if you want to be realistic, a 1/6 Vader should be the same height as the 1/6 Anakin, which it sounds like the Medicom Vader is.

Any thoughts on this?? :)

Well i always heard vader was 6'8 with the robot legs.before that i dunno..6ft?

I don't care medicom Fett is gonna be insane i just can't wait to preorder.

Seth Gecko said:
Well i always heard vader was 6'8 with the robot legs.before that i dunno..6ft?

I don't care medicom Fett is gonna be insane i just can't wait to preorder.

That's what I mean. Vader should've been closer to 6'2" (taking into account the height of the helmet). Boosting him to 6'8"...his legs would've been unnaturally long. Just another inconsistency between trilogies.

Plus, it makes the "short" Medi Vader easier to digest if you look at it from this point of view.

And I agree...Medicom Fett is going to blow everything else away!!! :)

Better close up pics.(for those that don't have the stormie the head should just be a basic white head under the helmet..The detail on this fig is incredible)

ref2-6548.jpg

ref1-6548.jpg

page-6548.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting Theories guys. It's makes sense tall guys do look very lanky. So Vader with monkey legs is very interesting. I guess David Prowse dont look so lankey due to his Body Building background but Hayden plus machenical legs might look like having monkey legs.
Anyways, doesnt monkeys have short legs but long arms?:confused:

I'd say Vader should have Giraffe legs:lol

Anyways, looking at the bigger pics of Fett, it just gets better doesnt it?

Geez haven't you figured out the answer to every inconsistent thing in the SW saga? The Force. It's the answer to everything. I just always said them robo-legs made him taller. Plus when you become evil, you either grow or shrink, so he grew cause' of the Dark Side. The Force is ALWAYS the answer!

PosterBoyKelly said:
Geez haven't you figured out the answer to every inconsistent thing in the SW saga? The Force. It's the answer to everything. I just always said them robo-legs made him taller. Plus when you become evil, you either grow or shrink, so he grew cause' of the Dark Side. The Force is ALWAYS the answer!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

I've got the Marmit, and am completely satisfied with it( hell, I've got the whole set,plus an extra trooper). Marmit did great stuff;pity they stopped producing. I've seen pix of the prototype for Vader, and it was awesome. My custom Vader was made as a companion for the Marmits...PS

Monkey's legs tend to be the same length as their arms;apes have shorter legs than their arms(science 101)

I've made planty of marmit fett customs a while back and I agree that the marmit fett is a very nice piece. however, seeing this Medi Fett, there would not be any comparison.

Better body, poseability, helmet, pockets, hands, accurate and better clothed vest and paint job.

Plus it's almost the same price. So Medi Fett would be the way to go right now.

Last edited:
Sith Lord 0498 said:
That's what I mean. Vader should've been closer to 6'2" (taking into account the height of the helmet). Boosting him to 6'8"...his legs would've been unnaturally long. Just another inconsistency between trilogies.

Plus, it makes the "short" Medi Vader easier to digest if you look at it from this point of view.

And I agree...Medicom Fett is going to blow everything else away!!! :)

Vader needs to be as he was in the OT, he TOWERED over everyone.

EVILFACE said:
Vader needs to be as he was in the OT, he TOWERED over everyone.

Eh, to each his own, I guess. Personally, I'd rather have a Vader that's the same height as my Anakin Skywalker figure since they are the same person.

Back