[Medicom] Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth Gecko said:
Thats exactly what i was talking about on another forum.Even the ppl that don't collect medicom are gonna grab this.Man i'm preordering this soon as i know where it's gonna be not waiting.Question is will SS get it?...will SWS get it? Or gonna have to go through hlj.com or ebay.I would say soon after the new year we should know.

Yeah man, you are so right on that one... Boba is a huge character and if a company totally NAILS it like Medicom just did... It WILL sell.....FAST.

I'll probably have to get this one... I have a few Medi's, but this would be my first SW Medi. And I'd be proud to own it. :D

Sith Lord 0498 said:
OK...here's my question...

If Boba is 11.8 inches LIKE THE REST, then why do the rest always look much, MUCH shorter than SSC figures and out of scale???

Boba is a shorter character, so I will likely jump on board for this figure if Sideshow doesn't announce an imminent, comparable version.

I dunno maybe thats just it "looks"
my medicom stormtrooper is just a tad smaller than my SS figs so i have no idea every medicom i've bought is 11.8/ 300mm. Except vader which is over 12inches at 320mm(i honestly don't know why ppl keep bringin it up,unless they want their medi figs to be in scale with their SS figs which is just dumb IMO and not gonna happen two different beasts ppl.

Last edited:
Wow 2 BCM that would be a nice treat

rahfett5.jpg

Last edited:
Seth Gecko said:
i honestly don't know why ppl keep bringin it up,unless they want their medi figs to be in scale with their SS figs which is just dumb IMO and not gonna happen two different beasts ppl.

tell me about it.....

denger4000 said:
I agree, it does look like the Hasbro figure.
lol Hasbro? Lets see a side by side comparison. :cool:

You guys talk crap with no proof to your claims. weak

Seth Gecko said:
i honestly don't know why ppl keep bringin it up,unless they want their medi figs to be in scale with their SS figs which is just dumb IMO and not gonna happen two different beasts ppl.

But that's my point...11.8 inches sounds like it's pretty much in scale with an SSC body, so why does Medicom look out of scale? I've only been able to compare the two companies in pictures...never in person.

BTW, I did the currency conversion on Boba Fett. Looks like it's going to be $159.99. Not a bad price considering the quality and that Medicom always is pricier than Sideshow.

I'll be ordering one.

denger4000 said:
I agree, it does look like the Hasbro figure.

That is a claim that falls somewhere between absurd and delusional. The Medicom Fett is a Lamborghini and the Hasbro is a Pontiac Fiero. End of Story.

nash said:
lol Hasbro? Lets see a side by side comparison. :cool:

You guys talk crap with no proof to your claims. weak

Meh, it was a remark from 6 months ago based on a ****ty pic. He does look better, but need to see some other poses besides the recent 20 of him just standing there with his arms moved a bit.

Anyone know the price?

EVILFACE said:
Anyone know the price?

Refer back to the post I made about four posts before yours. According to the Medicom advertisment, it's $159.99 USD when you converted the price given in Japanese yen.

Seth Gecko said:
Wow 2 BCM that would be a nice treat

rahfett5.jpg

I'd been considering getting my Marmit Boba Fett customised to his ROTJ color scheme and put on a better body but the possibility of a Medicom version of ROTJ Boba has made me put those plans on hold indefinitely and I want to make sure I've got the cash to get all possible variants of what looks like being the best 1/6 SW figure ever so if giving my PF Boba pre-order the chop helps me free up the cash to help pay for both the ESB & a ROTJ version should one be made then I'll do it.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Refer back to the post I made about four posts before yours. According to the Medicom advertisment, it's $159.99 USD when you converted the price given in Japanese yen.

Taking that conversion into account, we may even be able to get him for around $129 from retailers. Crossing my fingers for that.

Preorder price from some japan sites is in the 130$ range.(and that is well worth it for this)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
But that's my point...11.8 inches sounds like it's pretty much in scale with an SSC body, so why does Medicom look out of scale? I've only been able to compare the two companies in pictures...never in person.

BTW, I did the currency conversion on Boba Fett. Looks like it's going to be $159.99. Not a bad price considering the quality and that Medicom always is pricier than Sideshow.

I'll be ordering one.

I dunno sith.(alls i know is when i put my SS figs next to my medi figs they're about .2 shorter hardly anything) Man i say order one and check it out you'll be hooked.(BTW i expect it to be around 130$)but yeah i'll gladly pay 150 for it.(i just KNOW they're gonna do jango in the future now)

Seth Gecko said:
I dunno sith.(alls i know is when i put my SS figs next to my medi figs they're about .2 shorter hardly anything) Man i say order one and check it out you'll be hooked.(BTW i expect it to be around 130$)but yeah i'll gladly pay 150 for it.(i just KNOW they're gonna do jango in the future now)

Well 0.2 inches difference is frickin' nothing then!! :)

I'm looking to secure a ROTS Vader, and I'll be ordering Fett. That will likely be the extent of my Medicom purchases for the foreseeable future only because I simply can't afford to pay $120-150 per figure as a regular thing. I'm just not in that financial bracket.

To hear other people talk, Medis are Smurfs next to SSC. I guess hearing it so much can color your perception, and you start actually seeing that level of difference in pictures. All psychological, y'know.

Anyways, thanks for the response!! :)

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00232_00.jpg

vader is over 12inches(320mm) and the stormie is 11.8/300mm(what boba will be)

Well to chime in, I don't mix up my SS and Medi either. It looks wrong because of the stylistic differences. But I like both plenty, I'm honestly a Medi-fan more, BUT that's not saying I don't like SS. My big thing in defense of Medicom is people saying "I can't justify paying that money for a figure" but I say that about SS Han, $60? I mean I did what I do with my Medis too, looked around for a price I was comfortable with. I paid $47 which I think SS Han is worth. My Medis I paid under $100 for all of them, which is a deal to me because I'd pay full for them now if I had to. But don't let size get you if you're iffy. Either go for it and enjoy it, wait and look for a used deal or just wait for SS. For me, I'm going for it, and if SS makes one in the future I'll see about getting it.

Back