Medicom Amazing Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope this version is a huge pass for me. I got medi spidey 3 red and blue spiderman and you cant pose that one for ____. So when the HT version came out i threw my medicom one away. The HT one looks so much better from the preview pic.
*waits for Oscorp to post pics from that one on the earth who was able to able to get his Medi Spideys into fancy poses* :D

*waits for Oscorp to post pics from that one on the earth who was able to able to get his Medi Spideys into fancy poses* :D

:lol besides that one. Funny thing is. Seeing those pics made me want to get the medicom version and everytime I tried to pose him the same way that other guy did the figure just didnt respond and it was so stiff (thats what she said). So yea I hated that figure.

Wonder if that mask is removable like a real mask. I want to have the option for the 'Hot Toys' Spidey to hold a mask in his hand. Maybe the official HT figure will have one included :dunno

7256693562_59ce622859_o.jpg

Damn the segmated spider looks sick. Even on medicom it looks badass.

Some fun stuff today in this section. People complaining about two threads for the same HT figure, and then a mod mistakenly merges the Medicom ASM thread with the HT ASM thread. Then this new one is created. :lol

I think I might have purchased this, if it was between $50-70, & if it was released months before the HT version.

Edit: Changed my mind :lol

Last edited:
The only thing I like about this is how visible the patterns on the blue areas of suit are. From the teaser, that's where the HT version falls off for me. But then again, it's just a teaser, where as this poor thing is the full reveal and is barley worth half the asking price

:rotfl

i agree about the suit's texture being more visible. the costume material on medicom's looks to be more accurate than hot toys'. i'm looking forward to both figures' official pics.

Medicom's usual figure proportions are suitable for this figure! Shame about the awful material.

I know the Hot Toys Tobey Spidey is a lot better than the Medicom but for some strange odd and twisted reason, I enjoyed my Tobey Medi Spidey more than the HT Spidey. The pvc material they used on the costume...although off, for some reason is kinda cool to look at.
Since the new Spidey actually has this plasticky (lol...basketball) look to his costume, it may actually look cooler on the shelf.
I may still keep an eye on this one and will see the full reveal of HT before making the decision. But I'm actually considering this one too. I know I know...Strange...:eek:

Hot Toys or Medicom?

HMMMMMMMMMMM...........

But seriously if it was 150$ or under i'd get it but it won't be so.

This suit would probably look better on a thicker hot toys body. Maybe I'll buy one to cut it off the figure and re-sew it onto a true type. If I mess one up there will always be more available. Like 1499 more. Lol

People want to complain about hot toys going up 20 percent. Medicom 1/6 Used to be $100. $250 would be a 150% increase. And that is for a far inferior product.

Last edited:
Hot Toys or Medicom?

HMMMMMMMMMMM...........

But seriously if it was 150$ or under i'd get it but it won't be so.

It will be $150 or under once it hit a year or so, or maybe just buy from HK or Singapore dealer.

A lot of people are unaware that like HT, Medicom's Japan retail price is significantly more, compared to other countries. This will probably sell for $1100-$1200HKD (around $150USD) when its out.

It will be $150 or under once it hit a year or so, or maybe just buy from HK or Singapore dealer.

A lot of people are unaware that like HT, Medicom's Japan retail price is significantly more, compared to other countries. This will probably sell for $1100-$1200HKD (around $150USD) when its out.

And most retailers (shop & online) in Japan have Medicom & HT at default, 20-30% off the stated retail price, and not including the 30% Yen appreciation (from 3 years ago) against dollar.. Medicom/HT are actually cheaper in Japan than in the US... price is only slightly above HK's. It'll be stupid to pay the stated retail price (as on HT JP site).

It was actually cheap/fun buying HT, 4 years ago while I was in Japan... when from the default 20-30% off.... they are selling 50-70% off when items are in-stock for more than 2-3 months.

You'll still get 50-60% off bargains... that off set the strong Yen...(and shipping, if you're not in Japan) now and then...

Back