McHaleyArt's ...Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First in a series of prints from Acme Archives: https://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/search.jhtm?category=439&keywords=mchaley
G7FoilLEIA.jpg

So, here it is. My print for SW Celebration 6.
I hope you like it. I really wanted to do something special.

Title: The Saga Of Solo
Artist: Mark McHaley
Size: 17" x 22"
Paper: Textured Archival Watercolor Paper. Acid free.
Edition size: 250
Price: $60
Each print will include a matching, signed Certificate of Authenticity.

I will not be doing remarques but I will have my paints and will
hand embellish the print, adding paint and detail to make your print
a true 1 of a kind. Cost is $40 and will include extra COA stating the
process done at the event. I'll try to do as many as I can, but estimate
3 a day. You will not be able to pre-order this extra service but you can
upgrade at the event if you wish.

C6Print_McHaley_Sample-1.jpg

So, here it is. My print for SW Celebration 6.
I hope you like it. I really wanted to do something special.

Paper: Textured Archival Watercolor Paper. Acid free.

a true 1 of a kind. Cost is $40 and will include extra COA stating the
process done at the event. I'll try to do as many as I can, but estimate
3 a day. You will not be able to pre-order this extra service but you can

God damn that is sexy!

Sean, If I get you a bunch of prints from SDCC, you might have to snag this one for me.

"Nerf Herder" and "Farm Boy" will be available at SDCC from ACME in 9x13 Paper and Canvas prints. I also have Canvas Artist Proofs that are available. These continue the series that started with "Your Highness."
G7foilSOLO2.jpg
G7FoilLUKE.jpg

I thought it might be (slightly) entertaining to go through a bit of the process involved in my C6 print.
The idea for "The Saga of Solo" had been floating around in my head since the last Celebration. It really was inspired by Indiana Jones. Kind of a "What If" the Star Wars saga had been the same type of vehicle for Harrison Ford that Indy was.
When we where invited to participate, sketches had to be submitted. With the exception of a few interlocking elements, most of the characters where drawn separately so I could move them around for my final layout.
Comp5.jpg

I then added some tones to the scan to give the idea some "umph."
CompFinal_McHaley.jpg

At this point, I'm not feeling the spirit I wanted out of this piece. It's a simple solution of adding that scoundrel's smile.
CompFinal_McHaley2.jpg

After approval the hard work begins. With the layout planned, I decided that the original painting needed to be at least 18x24 to show the detail and mood I wanted to convey. Also I wasn't able to go larger as I would have to take this piece with me to work on during my WHOLE family's 1st vacation together in over 20 years. You want to avoid as much erasing on the board as possible...as it turned out, I did more of that than I'd hoped, rendering Ford's face 3 times before I was satisfied.
C6Wip008a.jpg

C6Wip008b.jpg

The first week of painting was done at the kitchen table, during our family vacation on Sanibel Island. Beach, swimming, sun and other tropical goodies for the Fam...Kitchen table for me. Needles to say, I was not the most "fun" and popular family member. Also...I DO NOT recommend painting on Kitchen Tables...your neck will hate you.
KitchTable.jpg

C6Wip016a.jpg

Back home and 2 more weeks of painting. Cloud City was added when I got home as I thought some detail really needed to run through the bottom of the painting for a good, visual flow.
C6Print_McHaley_Sample.jpg

Last edited:
My paper started arriving today, so I got to printing. Each Fine Art giclee takes 20 minutes to print out, feeding the printer 1 watercolor sheet at a time. It's a long, monotonous process that I'm doing myself. The final result is worth it, vividly reproducing the colors and textures of the original work.

I'll update all the print specs soon, with the Pre-Order link, Info about other Original Art and more about getting your print Embellished. All the info about the print is (obviously) the same. Each print will come in a Clear Envelope. You'll be able to fit a few more prints, 17x22 (or smaller) in it as well.

Here's a couple of pics. Lines/shades running across the print are just shadows.

C6Print033.jpg

Very nice! Thank you for sharing your process. :clap I always enjoy seeing how an artists gets to his final product. The "scoundrel smile" really changes the tone of your piece!:rock

Your work is absolutely stunning, Mr. McHaley. Any new (unseen?) DC stuff? I love the Indy work, as well. Your style just fits the character perfectly. :rock

Your work is absolutely stunning, Mr. McHaley. Any new (unseen?) DC stuff? I love the Indy work, as well. Your style just fits the character perfectly. :rock
No new DC....that's an itch that I've been wanting to scratch for some time now. It just hasn't' fit into my schedule. Same with Indy. Both will get some good treatment sometime soon, I hope.

Pre-Orders for my SWCVI print start 8/1, 10:30 pst (tomorrow).
Here's a quick link to the pre-order page: https://darkinkart.com/star-wars-celebration-vi-artwork/
Below are all the stats and info regarding what you can expect from me at the event!

Paper: Textured Archival Watercolor Paper. Acid free. Clear Envelope included.

Embellished/Remarqued Prints
a true 1 of a kind.
Cost is $40 and will include extra COA stating the
process done at the event.
This is on a 1st come, 1st served type basis. You will not be able to pre-order this extra service but you can
  • I'm going to try to take up to (at least) 5 embellishment orders per day. If I can fit in more each day I will.
  • If you don't get on the list on the day you get your print, you can try on the next day as I will be taking embellishment orders per day.

Commissions, Originals & Prints
  • I will not be taking commissions at the show to make time for embellishing as many prints as possible.
  • I will have Licensed Original Star Wars art and other prints available.
  • If time allows I will create on-the-spot Star Wars art (at my leisure) that will be available for purchase.
  • Non-Star Wars Original Art will also be available.
  • I will try to do quick sketches if you have your sketchbooks with you.
  • $20 fee, minimum.

COASample.jpg
COAExtraSample.jpg

We've arranged for a friend to pick up your print. So excited. He is preordering it for us tomorrow. :D

Any chance you have any remainder Indy Celebration art prints? :pray: I would love if he was able to grab one for us from you at the convention.

We've arranged for a friend to pick up your print. So excited. He is preordering it for us tomorrow. :D

Any chance you have any remainder Indy Celebration art prints? :pray: I would love if he was able to grab one for us from you at the convention.
If I have any I'll make sure that I bring them.

Star Trek, FEDERATION: The First 150 Years is now available for a special price on Amazon.com: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Federation-First-Years/dp/1612184170/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=95HCQSRKEPHS&coliid=I3AW6XD7E97BCD[/ame]
Some of the art I did for the book is available in my store: https://markmchaley.com

Back