McGregor vs. Mayweather: Will you watch!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you watch?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • If I don't have to pay for it

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Who Da**** are these guys?

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
I thought it was solid, far better than it had any right to be and more worthwhile than the joke so many predicted. Disappointed with the outcome, but not surprised. And whether Floyd unloaded on him earlier or not, whether the ref let the 10th round continue or not, it was pretty clear that Conor had little energy left. The outcome wouldn't have changed. He'd either have gotten knocked out for real or lost via decision.

Just a different sport with different endurance requirements -- but an interesting fight despite that difference, which was cool. Prelim bouts were great, too. Respect to all involved.

Last edited:
Didn't get to see the fight. I figured it'd end the way it did, there's not much chance of anyone beating a world class boxer at his own game (though I did want mayweather to lose).

I still think they should have alternated rounds with boxing and MMA. Also, it's complete horse**** that this counts as Mayweather's 50th win. You want to hype up the spectacle of the fight and make a ton of money? Fine. But you don't get your 50th career boxing win against an MMA fighter.

I still think they should have alternated rounds with boxing and MMA. Also, it's complete horse**** that this counts as Mayweather's 50th win. You want to hype up the spectacle of the fight and make a ton of money? Fine. But you don't get your 50th career boxing win against an MMA fighter.

Completely agree. I don't understand why people get hyped to watch a boring boxer take on non-boxing opponents. My only guess if people want to see him lose. But it's a joke how they keep finding "boxers" to fight mayweather. That dude would be put down in any other form of battle.

That's all well and nice but in a few months, hell really just in a few hours, he made a ton more money than:

Any fortune 500 CEO
Any Wall Street executive
Any senator
Any lawyer
Any doctor
Any celebrity
Any sports star (How much soccer does Messi and Ronaldo have to play to earn that kind of money?)

Hell most heads of criminal organizations don't make as much as FM did in that period of time other than your usual handfull of tyrants running corrupt nations.

So yeah have fun Mr. pediatric neurosurgeon operating on some kids brain for 11 hours straight this boxer just earned in one minute what will take years for you to earn lol.

Last edited:
After he settles a couple more domestic violence lawsuits, though, he'll be broke and back out there looking for another gimmicky fight. Actor this time? Maybe Leto in joker costume?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Listening and watching told two completely different stories.
Mayweather controlled the fight from start to finish.

Fair enough, McGregor surprised a lot of people in the boxing world but how can you earn $100,000,000 for being dead on your feet after half hours activity?!

Most overhyped money making exercise of all time. Just glad they didn't see a penny of my money.

Seen a great comment on Twitter:

If you think Mayweather vs. McGregor is going to be a big fight, wait until my wife finds out I just paid $100 to watch it.

Wrong Mr Maturity. One only needs to go back to July for the latest scandal where EVERYONE knows the fight was fixed.

https://www.sportingnews.com/other-...-battle-of-brisbane/1pljx4sqyry9mz9ygemfffxvh

It'd only take you a minute to do a simple search to see how corrupt boxing is. Everyone knows it is. I'm also not saying McGregor would have won. I'm saying it was stopped too early. Why no standing eight count? You don't just end it like that.

How does that further your argument that "boxing is a joke"? Every single form of fighting entertainment has some form of corruption. Even sumo wrestling in Japan has corruption.

Perhaps look at the bigger picture instead of nitpicking on something not exclusive to boxing.

what about the girls who were literally following around fighters after fights with their big, fake smiles just to stay in the camera lens? It was creepy. They prolly make more than I do lol :gah:

I had no interest in this fight whatsoever, didn't even know it was going on let alone how big of a deal it was. Tried getting some Buffalo Wild Wings last night and they were charging $20 extra because they had the fight on. **** that:rotfl

Back