McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Got Daryl with Chopper..............Another Badass Figure!!!!!

9u7urygy.jpg

Daryl!
NDht4rk.jpg

Added into the fold:
qmJqBuR.jpg

Great figure and "accessory" and the added hip articulation is a winner. Modded the ankles from the hinged to the barbell type so he can have his feet flat in wider stances. Head is pretty good but seems a bit small compared to some of the other figures.

Now the wait for Series 6.

Good stuff dude!

How did u mod daryls ankles? Mind showing some pics as well? Thanks again!

Good stuff dude!

How did u mod daryls ankles? Mind showing some pics as well? Thanks again!

I've got a few ways to mod the feet and took these pics for another board:

Double ball socket style joints like Andrea and Governor.

Prepping the barbell:
Can be done differently if one has access to other parts but I have a bunch of old body Marvel Universe fodder so I used the ball hip peg sections for the barbell joint. Gotta break it out of the lower torso and cut the | off the T shape.

Prepping the foot:
Pop the hinged foot out of the socket likely using hot water to make the plastic more pliable, remove the hinge peg from the foot, and cut the sides away that housed the peg so it looks like an empty shoe from the side.

Dremeling:
Because I tend to use MU hips for the barbell, they tend to be about the right length from the inside calf to the foot. The previous hinged foot socket needs to be slightly enlarged to fit the upper barbell ball section, then dremel a similar socket in the foot for the bottom barbell ball.

Marvel Universe long barbell that works for Daryl and Glenn:

Wu7toeR.jpg

Short barbell from an extra Andrea on Maggie.

Only made this one slightly articulated because I wanted to try hiding the articulation with the folds of the boot. Hot water to heat up the feet, X-acto blade to cut the foot out at a slight U, dremel sockets in lower leg and foot.

Dj35GXO.jpg

Hinged ankle rocker style joints. Tyreese has Glenn's original hinge joints and Comic Michonne has some random ones from a 3 3/4" figure. The joints on the right side are Daryl's original ankle joints for example of the general type you want.

Heat up the feet with hot water, X-acto blade to cut the foot off in a sort of U shape while the plastic is still pliable from the heat, use a dremel saw bit to cut a vertical notch for the disc, anchor it in with a peg of some sort, and dremel a diagonal hole in the foot for the ankle peg.

0yIqs1s.jpg

I've got a few ways to mod the feet and took these pics for another board:

Double ball socket style joints like Andrea and Governor.

Prepping the barbell:
Can be done differently if one has access to other parts but I have a bunch of old body Marvel Universe fodder so I used the ball hip peg sections for the barbell joint. Gotta break it out of the lower torso and cut the | off the T shape.

Prepping the foot:
Pop the hinged foot out of the socket likely using hot water to make the plastic more pliable, remove the hinge peg from the foot, and cut the sides away that housed the peg so it looks like an empty shoe from the side.

Dremeling:
Because I tend to use MU hips for the barbell, they tend to be about the right length from the inside calf to the foot. The previous hinged foot socket needs to be slightly enlarged to fit the upper barbell ball section, then dremel a similar socket in the foot for the bottom barbell ball.

Marvel Universe long barbell that works for Daryl and Glenn:

Wu7toeR.jpg

Short barbell from an extra Andrea on Maggie.

Only made this one slightly articulated because I wanted to try hiding the articulation with the folds of the boot. Hot water to heat up the feet, X-acto blade to cut the foot out at a slight U, dremel sockets in lower leg and foot.

Dj35GXO.jpg

Hinged ankle rocker style joints. Tyreese has Glenn's original hinge joints and Comic Michonne has some random ones from a 3 3/4" figure. The joints on the right side are Daryl's original ankle joints for example of the general type you want.

Heat up the feet with hot water, X-acto blade to cut the foot off in a sort of U shape while the plastic is still pliable from the heat, use a dremel saw bit to cut a vertical notch for the disc, anchor it in with a peg of some sort, and dremel a diagonal hole in the foot for the ankle peg.

0yIqs1s.jpg

What kind of dremel bit are u using to drill the sockets? Thanks again man. Youre taking me to school!

i hope the paint on those turns out that good...i still think the entire line should be black and white though

This Comic Rick is really a stupid spoiler for me. Really hope he is not losing his hand in the TV show.

He lost it nearly a decade ago, it can hardly be counted as a spoiler anymore. Its like saying Tony Stark's arc reactor in his chest is a spoiler.

It would've happened already, it happened during the Governor Storyline. Also Kirkman has said it wouldn't happen on the show, due to Budget.

No, he said the budget to CGI it out is just one factor, be he pointed out if they believed enough in it they'd do it, like they did with Herschel's leg. Although they've already set up the way around that with Merle (who likely took Rick's handicap on the show). Kirkman didn't fully rule out Rick losing his hand. They've switched things around from the comics so just because the Governor took Rick's hand doesn't mean a Termite or someone else couldn't chop it off on the show later on.

He lost it nearly a decade ago, it can hardly be counted as a spoiler anymore. Its like saying Tony Stark's arc reactor in his chest is a spoiler.

No, he said the budget to CGI it out is just one factor, be he pointed out if they believed enough in it they'd do it, like they did with Herschel's leg. Although they've already set up the way around that with Merle (who likely took Rick's handicap on the show). Kirkman didn't fully rule out Rick losing his hand. They've switched things around from the comics so just because the Governor took Rick's hand doesn't mean a Termite or someone else couldn't chop it off on the show later on.

Could be a big chance it gets cut off in terminus

Back