McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tahe9u6e.jpg

Daryl!
NDht4rk.jpg

Added into the fold:
qmJqBuR.jpg

Great figure and "accessory" and the added hip articulation is a winner. Modded the ankles from the hinged to the barbell type so he can have his feet flat in wider stances. Head is pretty good but seems a bit small compared to some of the other figures.

Now the wait for Series 6.

Let's hope they repack that Daryl in a case of "solids" and maybe throw in his poncho for good measure... just to satisfy basic figure collectors... who still have that vile Series 1 Daryl.

Well in anticipation for Daryl w/ bike, I decided to get into this line... Pretty impressed overal, only issue is maggies face so far, which ill repaint. Daryl looks so badass, cant wait for him. Do you guys think McFarlane would sculpt the jacketed arms and re release him in the next series or two? also have they shown what the next series will be?

Well in anticipation for Daryl w/ bike, I decided to get into this line... Pretty impressed overal, only issue is maggies face so far, which ill repaint. Daryl looks so badass, cant wait for him. Do you guys think McFarlane would sculpt the jacketed arms and re release him in the next series or two? also have they shown what the next series will be?
It's possible they'll rerelease this Daryl as a single carded figure since he is A) In HIGH demand and B) A superior figure compared to the first one. Also, they are rereleasing Shane with a new head sculpt so odds are pretty good for a single carded Daryl imo.

No images for TV series six yet, that I'm aware of, but the figures are known. They will be: New Rick, Hershel, Abraham Ford, Carol, and the Bungie-Guts Zombie (that fell through the store ceiling and got hung-up in the rafters from episode 401).

They did show the raw sculpt of series 6 Rick at Toy Fair. Its based on his season 4 look with the bandage hand. Hopefully he'll come with an unbandaged hand and a beat up head. It would be great too if the belt was a separate piece and could be turned around so the holster is on backwards on the left hip when his hand was bandaged. But that's probably too much for McFarlane to make him that perfect. I'd also love for Herschel to have a swap out leg for a season 3 or 4 look.

Not too much, I think, since the sculpt is pretty good to begin with. I had to lightly sand the bridge of the nose and forehead first due to some thick cracking paint so that prompted the slight revamp. Mainly needed to match the skin tone cuz of the sanding and to paint over the eyebrows in order to have a clean slate to paint the new ones on. Stubble needed touching up, and lips needed some color and shading, and repainted the eyes to be forward instead of off to the side.

Can do :D

6X7o0iu.jpg

NsHY0De.jpg

z5OYwy8.jpg

This is great work youve done with this figure! I was just wondering what kind of paint you used for the face and pants? For the pants, it seems as though you were able to get inside the joints as well. Do you have any problems with the paint rubbing off in those areas?*Thanks inn advance for your time man! I hope to attempt this myself. Anything ud like to share would be much appreciated!

This is great work youve done with this figure! I was just wondering what kind of paint you used for the face and pants? For the pants, it seems as though you were able to get inside the joints as well. Do you have any problems with the paint rubbing off in those areas?*Thanks inn advance for your time man! I hope to attempt this myself. Anything ud like to share would be much appreciated!

Hey, thanks man! Used Testors Acrylics for the paint and so far it seems to be holding up aside from bits of the knee joints since they're harder plastic and don't really hold paint all that well unless sanded.

Things to note are that the Gov lower half and the Rick upper half fit together perfectly so just need to boil and pop both parts and trim away from the waist of the Gov half and pop the torso on. I also had to merge the hinged Rick feet with Gov's barbell type ankles so he can have his feet flat on the table in wider stances. Recently took a cue from Turd Fergusen and shortened his bicep area as well as dremeled the shoulder sockets so his arms are bit closer together on the torso. Hope some of that helps. :D

Back