McFarlane Toys: Assassin's Creed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh cool.. McFarlane says that details on release will be announced on a later date. Whether there will be international shipping and if other online sites will have it, remains to be seen too

SCAN0002.jpg~original

That blackbeard looks pretty good.
Might pick up the pirate pack.

Amazon and BBTS already have series 1 in stock. Has anyone seen any in-hand reviews?

What happened to Mcfarlane anyway? Could someone please enlighten me? I mean I only see Walking Dead and Halo stuff and that's bout it!

Their art director quit, and founded NECA; and their best sculptors banded together, called themselves "Four Horsemen" and started working at Mattel doing the "DC Unvierse Classics" and "Masters of the Unvierse Classics" figures.

So, McFarlane just lost all the people that made their figures a success, and went downhill after that.

Their art director quit, and founded NECA; and their best sculptors banded together, called themselves "Four Horsemen" and started working at Mattel doing the "DC Unvierse Classics" and "Masters of the Unvierse Classics" figures.

So, McFarlane just lost all the people that made their figures a success, and went downhill after that.

Note quite true. Those events above did happen, but early on in the company. Their products got MUCH better afterwards.

What happened is that they started to make poor choices for lines and licenses; reduces the scale on their lines; laid off a large percent of their in house talent; took down their message board.

Once they ruined their non-sports lines, the stores stopped ordering, so the company decided that Spawn was not profitable, completely discounting that their decisions led to that.

Now they survive on sports, Halo, and one or two newer lines, like Walking Dead.

You can see that they can still produce good sculpts when they want to (Walking Dead Merle, for example), but continue to offer non-standard scale products. The action figures are 5" scale, when everyone else is in the 6-7" scale... a scale that McFarlane started. Even the upcoming large scale Walking Dead Daryl, while looking good, is in an in between size of 10". You can bet your paycheck that they will NEVER produce a full line of cast members and zombies in that scale.

Even when they seemingly had a good thing going with their statues, they put the release of them on hiatus.

Bottom line is that a corporate structure, combined with Todd's bone-headed visions, has brought it close to the edge of ruin.

There's no love for these? I say they look good and an improvement from McF toys. They had all the figures at gamestop but picked only these 3 up. Gonna pick up the New York version walgreens exclusive probably tomorrow.
3A2C465A-044C-4E0A-B2D4-910CF8A3A06B-23740-0000177CC9701B83_zpsc0189e26.jpg

Glad to see that the AC3 Tyranny of King Washington (aka what AC3 should have been....) got its own figure !

Glad to see that the AC3 Tyranny of King Washington (aka what AC3 should have been....) got its own figure !

Sad thing is I didn't play the game but these do look cool to pick up. But yeah I heard about that version you are talking about. I'll end up getting the game soon since the price dropped and I love the plot of the game.

I have Connor , Edward Kenway and Blackbeard and the hidden blade from Mcfarlene and all are super well done. the figures are varied in coolness.
Connor really reflects the character design of the game right down to his cool weapons. Kenway, even tho i only played the game for 20 minutes, looks pretty good . Blackbeard is also pretty well done but his hat and belt are loose and would have been better glued in place .

Now for the hidden blade and skull that comes with it are pretty bad *** , if you have the assassins creed brotherhood ezio blade, then you know what this is all about, its the same type of design with velcro straps , spring loaded blade.
the blade is rubber once again, and this blade is a bit smaller then the previous by neca. overall everything i have thats been release is top notch and is a great start to this line.

How's the poseability? All things considered I'm sure the plastic coattails and such get in the way.

I'm personally looking forward to the Playarts Kai figures coming out but might snag a few of these for the DLC

I have Connor , Edward Kenway and Blackbeard and the hidden blade from Mcfarlene and all are super well done. the figures are varied in coolness.
Connor really reflects the character design of the game right down to his cool weapons. Kenway, even tho i only played the game for 20 minutes, looks pretty good . Blackbeard is also pretty well done but his hat and belt are loose and would have been better glued in place .

Now for the hidden blade and skull that comes with it are pretty bad *** , if you have the assassins creed brotherhood ezio blade, then you know what this is all about, its the same type of design with velcro straps , spring loaded blade.
the blade is rubber once again, and this blade is a bit smaller then the previous by neca. overall everything i have thats been release is top notch and is a great start to this line.

Was the blades a special order only? I didn't see any in stores.
Now I wanna catch up on the NECA AC Ezio figures. But I read somewhere that McF is in the making of the older characters.

How's the poseability? All things considered I'm sure the plastic coattails and such get in the way.

I'm personally looking forward to the Playarts Kai figures coming out but might snag a few of these for the DLC

Yeah, the coat tails gets in the way. But for the price and the weapons they come with you can't go wrong, should hold you over until PAK comes out. Hope PAK does another Ezio and make an Altair too.

yes the coattail does get somewhat in the way since they are rigid plastic but its pretty solid for posing ,cant compare to playarts at all

the dlc stuff is pretty tame, its nothing spectacular , sails and swords and such nothing thats game changing

Was the blades a special order only? I didn't see any in stores.

I got the hidden blade early by ordering it from ebgames.ca, and it came in 2 days after ordering it, and there are none in store until tomorrow , the 15th is the official store release date. Im happy i got it early because my studio put it to good use for a pitch to ubisoft studio montreal

I have actually heard that Adewale will be made in his Assassin outfit as well as the outfit he wears in AC IV as Edward's first-mate.

Has anyone spotted Benjamin Hornigold anywhere? He doesn't seem to be in the Walgreen's or Gamestop shippers...

I'd email McFarlane to ask but their 'contact us' page has been broken for at least a month. And they don't talk to normal fans on Twitter like NECA does...

Has anyone spotted Benjamin Hornigold anywhere? He doesn't seem to be in the Walgreen's or Gamestop shippers...

I'd email McFarlane to ask but their 'contact us' page has been broken for at least a month. And they don't talk to normal fans on Twitter like NECA does...

My LCS got all 8 figures

Thanks, found Ben yesterday at a local Walgreens.

Just need to order Black Bart from Amazon.

And yeah, I've been wanting Desmond since NECA had the license!

Back