McFarlane Toys: Assassin's Creed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to Mcfarlane anyway? Could someone please enlighten me? I mean I only see Walking Dead and Halo stuff and that's bout it!

NECA came along, with countless other companies, over-saturated the market with movie toys, grabbed every license, and made it impossible for McFarlane to get stores to buy their stuff.

So they nabbed popular lines, and got cheaper, and smaller, until we got to here.

Sports picks were always their best sellers. And now Halo is their biggest seller. No one cares about movie toys that much any more, if the pegs are any indication.

YMMV.

I think NECA does pretty well with their good stuff - Predator, Rocky, Terminator, and the odd movie license (like Evil Dead) sell out around here. Meanwhile, some of the video game licenses don't do as well - Assassin's Creed, GoW (after the initial wave), and the random RE all have pegwarmed hard.

If I was really into Assassin's Creed I'd be disappointed by this news. I've not had the best luck with McFarlane figures, so I'd say the change would be a step down compared to NECA.

NECA came along, with countless other companies, over-saturated the market with movie toys, grabbed every license, and made it impossible for McFarlane to get stores to buy their stuff.

So they nabbed popular lines, and got cheaper, and smaller, until we got to here.

Sports picks were always their best sellers. And now Halo is their biggest seller. No one cares about movie toys that much any more, if the pegs are any indication.

Nah...McF did it themselves...
NECA was still small, known, but still small, when McF decided to cancel major figure series.
I think it was Spawn Series 33.
AWESOME protos were shown on a toyfair and I was SO pumped to get the whole line. New Movie Maniacs were planned also...all canceled.
And...dunno...like 3 years later, McF only makes Halo, Guitar Hero, Sports and forgot his basics...his roots...the very character who made him and only makes a statue from out of one of those protos.

It´s a shame...

:gah:

I hope this sells like their Halo products and doesn't fall flat like their COD line.

I never understood their COD line. If they had done Modern Warfare instead of World at War they would have flown off the shelves. They really have made some terrible decisions over the past few years, and I think it is their fault that they couldn't keep up.

They stopped innovating. I collected the Spawn lines for years, but really, like most people I just got exhausted. 36 waves, really? Who even has room to display all that stuff, especially as the comic book itself became less and less relevant.

They're even wasting the Walking Dead licence, and whoever thought Guitar Hero was a good licence to go after deserves to lose their job. :gah:

I stopped collecting McFarlane since 2008 when I found out about Sideshow Collectibles, Medicom and Hot Toys. I sold all McFarlane figures (except the MGS stuff) and never regretted it once. This license will blow. I hope that Play Arts will have the chance to make some AC figures later on.

I stopped collecting McFarlane since 2008 when I found out about Sideshow Collectibles, Medicom and Hot Toys. I sold all McFarlane figures (except the MGS stuff) and never regretted it once. This license will blow. I hope that Play Arts will have the chance to make some AC figures later on.

To be fair though, Sideshow, Medicom and Hot Toys are on a total other level to what McFarlane are even aiming at. The price difference alone accounts for that.

these figs are sub par @ best. the only mcfarlane i have is mgs too. it seems that these companies put their all into mgs figs but eveerything else is meh. and how about some more meaningless spawn figure variants already!!!!!!!! seems the only people that didnt mind messing up mgss figs are medicom.

The toy fair pictures actually look pretty good. The new walking dead figures look better than previous waves too. Maybe McFarlane are stepping their game up.

I'm looking for more info about the black flag resin statue I saw at sdcc. Too bad I didn't take a closer look at it, didn't think info and photos would be so hard to come by online. I assume eventually I will be able to order it from McFarlane.com? Statue looks awesome, especially if they o the paint job and the clear water right

Here's a front and back scan of the promo poster they had at SDCC 2013. Pic isn't mine though, was taken from another forum..

SCAN0001.jpg~original

SCAN0002.jpg~original

Thanks! I actually saw it in person at sdcc and have a copy of that flyer, wish I had taken more than just one photo of the statue though. I thought there was more info about it online, should have just asked McFarlane to give me that one while he was there! Just trying to figure out how and where to go about getting one later but it seems like none of that info is out yet?

Back