Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

I wish I could have picked up the Grendizer SOC before it became to pricey. I know he comes with all those ships and such, but I dont want to pay $200 for just Grendy.

mazingerinmadrid.jpg

OK... Voltron re-launch now...

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118020276.html?categoryid=1050&cs=1

TV and toys set to relaunch 'Voltron'
Latest project to scrap plans to reboot via bigscreen
By MARC GRASER

The reintroduction of "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" will begin with an animated series on Nicktoons and a new toy line from Mattel rather than leap straight onto the bigscreen.
That's the plan from rights holders World Event Prods and Classic Media, which are attempting to relaunch the massive robot, popular in the 1980s, to a new generation.

It's the latest of several properties to scrap plans for an initial film in favor of relaunching the brand through TV and toys.

Warner Bros.' animation aims to produce an anime-influenced version of "ThunderCats" for Cartoon Network to revive the '80s property, which has had a feature treatment stuck in development.

Likewise billionaire Haim Saban bought back "The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" from Disney last month for about $100 million to reboot as TV shows on Nickelodeon and toys.

Starting next year, Nicktoons will air 26 half-hour episodes of "Voltron Force," about five space explorers who pilot robotic lions that combine to form Voltron, an invincible guardian sworn to defend the Universe.

Series will remain faithful to the old show, while introducing new recruits to fight alongside the original characters.

New episodes will be timed to the 25th anniverseries. It's the first "Voltron" TV project in 10 years, although an iPhone game came out in December.

WEP and Classic Media ("Casper the Friendly Ghost," "Where's Waldo?") will produce the toon with Kickstart Prods. ("Wolverine and the X-Men"). Classic Media is shepherding international distribution, merchandising and licensing deals.

Mattel will tie-in with the anniversary to launch toys based on the classic "Voltron" range, as well as action figures and playsets that revolve around an edgier, modernized robot. There is no date on when the toys will hit shelves.

"What's paramount is getting the toys right," Ted Koplar, president of St. Louis-based WEP told Daily Variety. "They're pretty involved toys that have to transform and fit together."

WEP and Classic Media had been developing a live action feature for some time but scribes, including Justin Marks, have yet to lock down the right tone, producers said.

Hasbro took the opposite approach with "Transformers" and "G.I. Joe," relying on the first films in the franchises in 2007 and 2009 to introduce new toys for the lines.

The move to TV makes sense: "Transformers," "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and "G.I. Joe" were introduced to kids via shows produced by Hasbro and Mattel to sell toys. "It's an exciting way to introduce the brand to a generation that isn't familiar with 'Voltron,'" Koplar said.

Contact Marc Graser at [email protected].

Yeah I heard about Saban buying back, PR from Disney...since they didnt know what to do with them. Lets hope they release more zords. As for Voltron...bring it on, I'll buy a few more voltron bots i do wish vehicle votlron would get some recognition...its always the Lions in the U.S.

Thats crazy, i see some really obscure bots in that picture.

WOW! I haven't see this stuff in years...my older cousins use to collect these guys. Good thread!

I dont have many...loved these robots in the 70's..so far I'm a fan of Bandai (SOC) and High Dream:

DSC06701.jpg

12" High Dream:

DSC06702.jpg

Nice Grendizer...its hard to find Grendy stuff, Maz is everywhere, but Grendy doesnt get much love.

Yeah Ive seen those figures, but I really only want the Grendizer SOC. Alot of those are Jumbos and I dont really want to pay for giant vinyl figures.

OK so, a new Mazinkaiser series is coming out later this year,
called Mazinkaizer SKL,
here are a few images, concepts and toys... and a trailer!

cssimg012.gif

48044309.jpg

skl1.jpg

machinedtlskl.jpg

skl001.jpg

1271910602164.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aMSzSkUXRFE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aMSzSkUXRFE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

yeah the SK is basically Skull. It looks like there going for a more gothic style to mazinger. Should be awesome, cant wait for some new maz toys...like there isnt enough out there.

I gotta take a couple shots of my detolf...its totally cramped but im working on getting a 2nd detolf for more room. Plus I want
to elevate the back guys and staircase them in a sense so the guys in the back stand tall and go down from there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Awesome collection Foe!!

Yeah,
I just read this today... sucks balls...
It's an amazing figure though... maybe they'll release a variation of it later on?... :dunno...

Badass figure!!!

1000006857_1.jpg

1000006857_2.jpg

1000006857_3.jpg

1000006857_4.jpg

1000006857_5.jpg

1000006857_6.jpg

1000006857_7.jpg

1000006857_9.jpg

Thanks man, yeah im hoping that mazinkaiser comes out in another form somewhere down the road. It looks like Bandai is trying to slim down the chogokin line with this smaller "super robot" vesrsions. Dont get me wrong I love them, but it leads me to beleive that this line will intake all the smaller robots and leave the actual Chogokin line for the bigger robots and maybe combiners with a bigger price tag.

love it! can't wait for that kaiser.

Back