Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAZINGER Z (Tranzor Z)- Official thread!!

Great thread , Mazinger , Great M, Mazinkaiser and Grendizer are awesome .

Re: MAZINGER Z (Tranzor Z)- Official thread!!

yeah im pumped for those Super Robot Chogos, they look awesome, my one complaint is that they look like revoltechs. Lets hope Bandai puts some diecast in there...and not just use it as a marketing ploy. I do love that there doing the Super Sentai robots like shinken-oh and Vulcan also I see Altstein in those pics...cant wait for him also.

Yeah that teaser trailer for the Daiku Maryu Gaiking trailer looks so awesome. Well hopefully once I get the house cleaned up and I get my shelves back in order I'll be able to put all my robots back up on display.

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

For the lazy:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qS6E-Nu3xsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qS6E-Nu3xsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really hope we see this movie... unlike the Gatchaman that seem to be in production limbo...

Anyway guys,
I asked Ill to rename this thread so that we can discuss All things Super Robots!!
Not only Mazinger but all Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) including but not limited to:
Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser, Getter Robo, Giant Robot, Tetsujin 28, Reideen, Combattler, Gaiking, etc...
:rock!!
Bring it on!

00gaik.gif
00comb.gif
43.gif
37.gif
40.gif
08.png
09.gif

Last edited:

Yeah Im still not 100% sure its going to happen.
I grew up watching Getter Robo actually what I watched was Getter G which in the states it was Force 5 Starvengers. One of the greatest cartoons ever. Along with Dangard Ace, Grendizer and Gaiking. Some fantastic Force 5 action.

For the lazy:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qS6E-Nu3xsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qS6E-Nu3xsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really hope we see this movie... unlike the Gatchaman that seem to be in production limbo...

Anyway guys,
I asked Ill to rename this thread so that we can discuss All things Super Robots!!
Not only Mazinger but all Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) including but not limited to:
Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser, Getter Robo, Giant Robot, Tetsujin 28, Reideen, Combattler, Gaiking, etc...
:rock!!
Bring it on!

00gaik.gif
00comb.gif
43.gif
37.gif
40.gif
08.png
09.gif

So this trailer is For real????? I thought it was an April Fools!!!

:thud:

Yeah Im still not 100% sure its going to happen.
I grew up watching Getter Robo actually what I watched was Getter G which in the states it was Force 5 Starvengers. One of the greatest cartoons ever. Along with Dangard Ace, Grendizer and Gaiking. Some fantastic Force 5 action.

So this trailer is For real????? I thought it was an April Fools!!!

:thud:

Well, seems like it is indeed happening!!! :yess:

https://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/gaiking-movie-update.html

May 11, 2010

'Gaiking' movie update

It's been over a month and a half since the world learned that Gaiking, a movie about giant robots, was in the works.

The project is based on a 1970s Japanese anime series but was better known in North America as a toy line and Marvel Comics series called “Shogun Warriors.”

Jules Urbach is the man spearheading the project, which is using a technology called Lightstage, a next generation of scanning technology that already won an Academy Award for its use in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” (That movie's director, David Fincher, is big proponent of it.)

Heat Vision decided to check in with Urbach to see what the latest is.

Heat Vision: What can you tell us about the genesis of the "Gaiking" movie?

Jules Urbach: It came out of our work with Fincher. We were talking about doing something for "Heavy Metal."

At the time, it was Kevin Eastman and a few other guys that were going to do a bunch of shorts for him, and he said to me, "I can give you seven minutes if you come up with something cool." And being such a huge fan of these properties, I had been touch with Toei for years. Going back to 2002, I've been asking them to the rights of "Captain Harlock." And it turned out that the rights to "Gaiking" were more or less available.

So when Fincher's project came up, I said I want to do a super robot short. And he said sure, but you got to pick two "Heavy Metal" songs. So I picked Nightwish's "Dark Chest of Wonders" and "Planet Hell," and went ahead planning out a seven-minute "Gaiking" short with Toei's blessing.

But "Heavy Metal," it was at Paramount at one point, it was at another studio, then Cameron got involved, and it lost its home. We ended up taking "Gaiking" and just worked on it and worked on it, and it kept building and building.

And at some point, Toei said, "Wait a minute, you guys can do a whole movie now at this quality." They backed us and then other people came on board and we were able to turn this into a pretty big film.

HV: "Transformers" is pretty huge. and there's a "Voltron" movie in the works. Is there room for something like "Gaiking" that isn't that well known here?

Urbach: "Voltron" really took off because of the great cartoon. "Gaiking" never had that and neither did "Shogun Warriors" as a whole. The only thing we had was "Four Spies" here in the U.S. And that was only shown on the East coast for a little bit. I can only imagine how this property would have been perceived if we had a normal cartoon.

In France or Italy, this is bigger than Spider-Man. Toei understands this will do very well in Europe, where the cartoon is well-known. They approached us because they wanted somebody outside Japan to take a crack at this.

Our goal was to figure out a way that would be appealing to an American audience. And while there's a lot of people who played with the toys, we are not counting on any of that. For most people, this will be completely new.

And I think we did a good job introducing it, even from that little teaser. It's just been exciting to be introducing it to a lot of people and seeing their reaction.

HV: Are you worried about the title being a little inaccessible? Why not go with "Shogun Warriors"?

Urbach: We wanted to introduce one robot and thought it should be the focus of the film. It's like you want to introduce Superman before you introduce the Justice League, right?

The title is something that we're still looking at. It's in the mix. We are very aware of the possible limitations. I can't speak for Toei, so I can't speak how it will be used in the marketing of that film. We just want to use it wisely.

HV: There was a time when there were a lot of giant robot cartoons. And now with special effects technology being where it is, we're poised for a movement in movies. What do you think is the appeal of giant robots?

Urbach: Gaiking and those kinds of robots, you're talking about giant robots that are piloted by humans. You're not talking about Transformers, where they are their own characters. These robots are the extension of the pilots; they are really like giant suits of armor. So it's really the people inside them that are the characters. That is a huge differentiator. Gaiking is one pilot. It's really the pilot expressing himself through this giant mecha.

HV: So what's the status of “Gaiking” now?

Urbach: I guess you can say we're in preproduction. The reason we released the teaser when we did is we're done designing the robot. And even a lot of the costumes and the characters. We basically put as much as was ready to be shown in the teaser. And the next step is get a writer -- we have a treatment for the movie -- and get a full-blown script. That should be done in the next three months.

And we're looking at 2012 as a potential release date, but it's not set. It could be 2013.

:yess:
gaiking8uv.gif
:yess:

I like that they have a female pilot, but at the same time I'll miss that 70's looking funk with Aires piloting. I'll tell you right now that little teaser trailer blew transformers 2 away.

That trailer was awesome...love the modern look of Gaiking.
Just started picking up a few SOC...Garada and Reideen...Mazinger is next (gx-45)

This trailer is great man , wow really looks awesome .

I wonder if there going to just leave it in that robot mode or are they going to get into the space dragon stuff before its actual Gaiking transformation.

I hope they do the whole "Kargosaur"...

A quick sneak peek @ part of my collection...
I have a few more pics I shot over the weekend including SOC, Gashapons and more!!

DSC04061B.jpg

Nice photo, damn i gotta get my SOC's set up so I can post a photo. I love Doublas, hes one of my favorites.

All these new Mazinger and SR pics and talk makes me want to start up the old Emulator and play some Super Robot Wars!

Cool thread !!! One of my favorite Mechas is tetsujin 28. So Retro !

Sweet!!!
I'm glad this thread is finally taking off!!! :hi5:

Nice photo, damn i gotta get my SOC's set up so I can post a photo. I love Doublas, hes one of my favorites.

Thanks dude, I always liked Garada a bit more... I don't know if it's the face or the "boomerang-horns"

All these new Mazinger and SR pics and talk makes me want to start up the old Emulator and play some Super Robot Wars!

I always wanted to play that game... never had a chance... :monkey2

Cool thread !!! One of my favorite Mechas is tetsujin 28. So Retro !

I love it!!! Looks amazing!!!

Do it! It's pretty sweet!!
It's the one in the middle back on my pic...

The super robot wars games are really awesome if your into turn based strategy. The last SRW game I played was Alpha and that was a damn long time ago. The new ones that are out now they do more super deformed stuff, but alot of times get exclusive new robots which alot of times spawn into there own exclusive toys as well. If you like turn based games there awesome, if not you might be bored, but seeing all the classic robots just makes me so happy.

Im just glad there are people who still appreciate the old robots. Alot of these new anime and robots I dont really care for. Hopefully Bandai will someday make Dairugger (vehicle voltron) or even a SOC of GO-Lion.

I hope they do the whole "Kargosaur"...

A quick sneak peek @ part of my collection...
I have a few more pics I shot over the weekend including SOC, Gashapons and more!!

DSC04061B.jpg

Infernal beautiful :rock:rock:rock

Back