Maybe rethink getting JL Flash and JL Aquaman?...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get the SS version if it wasn't being listed for $600+.

I totally get your quest here, either SS or BvS is the most iconic Batfleck.

Damn, used BvS Batman is currently listing for $700 on eBay. :eek:

You might get them down to $500?

A year and a half ago I paid $300 on eBay for BvS Batman (listed as new; seller said it was opened only to display for photos which was plausible, actually). Went ahead a popped $70 for the sniper rifle for it separately last year. It's hands down my favorite figure among 14.

I see a used Knightmare Batman going for $350 with a wee bit of flaking on the coat here and there. But the coat is tattered in the movie so that wouldn't concern me. If I didn't have other priorities for figures right now I'd make an offer for that one myself. But I already have too many Batflecks. That would be number 5.

Do you keep an eye out on One Sixth Republic?

It really depends on how popular ZSJL is and how far the story goes from there. Word is they'll be shooting at least 30 more minutes of footage. Snyder has a 5 hour assembly cut. It'll be edited first as a miniseries with cliffhanger endings. I'm going to guess at least six 42 minute chapters. If it's a hit (measured mainly by social media chatter, i.e., it trends strongly each week, and it drives up subscriptions for HBO Max) you can bet your ass the 5 film saga will get completed.

Yeah, like I said, I don't see that happening and I don't see Hot Toys making these characters based off their appearance in the Snyder Cut either.

I actually just bought Flash and Aquaman today. I was content with just the Trio (Bats, Supes, Wonder) but since Snyder Cut was announced, I got pretty excited again. And remember, once that hits HBOMAX next year, these figures will likely be sold out or they will cost much more. I mean, these figures where made a year or two ago so stocks must be limited. Hopefully the release of Snyder Cut will make Hot Toys release the Cyborg... fingers crossed.

Justice League3.jpg Flash and Aquaman are worth it!

I actually just bought Flash and Aquaman today. I was content with just the Trio (Bats, Supes, Wonder) but since Snyder Cut was announced, I got pretty excited again. And remember, once that hits HBOMAX next year, these figures will likely be sold out or they will cost much more. I mean, these figures where made a year or two ago so stocks must be limited. Hopefully the release of Snyder Cut will make Hot Toys release the Cyborg... fingers crossed.

Yep, if ZSJL is popular I think Flash and Aquaman will sell out. Of the two I wonder which there is more in stock of...

Yep, if ZSJL is popular I think Flash and Aquaman will sell out. Of the two I wonder which there is more in stock of...
They are already sold out on sideshow....or did you mean something else?

Thanks all, I decided go ahead and order them since they're still in stock at BBTS. Once J finally got JL Superman in hand I had to complete the set. We'll see what happens with Cyborg next year after ZSJL releases. :wink1:

Thanks all, I decided go ahead and order them since they?re still in stock at BBTS. Once J finally got JL Superman in hand I had to complete the set. We?ll see what happens with Cyborg next year after ZSJL releases. ��

I just found your thread here Alatar. But I came to the same conclusion independently. So I ordered my Flash and Aquaman a few weeks ago.

These designs will still totally fit with ZSJL so it's the right way imo. I'm also with you that Cyborg must be on the table again for Hot Toys.

Surely they must have felt the DC reverberations of the Snyder Cut news and popularity in Asia too. So their little money making seismograph must be buzzing off the charts for DC again hopefully.

Apparently the ZSJL also has more Knightmare footage. I would LOVE a re-release of a Knightmare Batman and a Black Suit Superman. But I guess we'll probably only get the Black Suit Supes as it's a lot easier to make.

edit : and how could I almost forget. Hot Toys have to make a Darkseid !!! Hopefully size wise he's similar to Thanos so they could use that body. They've already had their practice with Supes for the LED eyes !

blob_682e.jpg

I just found your thread here Alatar. But I came to the same conclusion independently. So I ordered my Flash and Aquaman a few weeks ago.

These designs will still totally fit with ZSJL so it's the right way imo. I'm also with you that Cyborg must be on the table again for Hot Toys.

Surely they must have felt the DC reverberations of the Snyder Cut news and popularity in Asia too. So their little money making seismograph must be buzzing off the charts for DC again hopefully.

Apparently the ZSJL also has more Knightmare footage. I would LOVE a re-release of a Knightmare Batman and a Black Suit Superman. But I guess we'll probably only get the Black Suit Supes as it's a lot easier to make.

edit : and how could I almost forget. Hot Toys have to make a Darkseid !!! Hopefully size wise he's similar to Thanos so they could use that body. They've already had their practice with Supes for the LED eyes !

View attachment 488568

A re-release of Knightmare Batman for ZSJL would rock! Uxas I think is not farfecthed at all. And yeah, for sure, with glowing eyes. I'm surprised at how well it works for JL Superman, actually. I'd seen some videos showing the light bleeding over into others areas of the surrounding face/head. But looks like they're masking it off inside better now. Anyway, Uxas I probably would display with the glowing eyes.

Original design Steppenwolf is certainly a possibility.

If we see two Green Lanterns (assumed by many to be Hal Jordan and John Stewart) in a post credits scene visiting Bruce and Alfred to warn that now Darkseid is coming... that would definitely get fans excited. But if so I think that's setting up their appearance in JL 2, so probably no figures for them until then.

This of course assuming that ZSJL edited into a six part TV miniseries is a big hit, drives up subscriptions, etc. And when I say big hit I mean mainly as measured by positive Internet chatter on social media, i.e., using the best possible advertising/marketing--let consumers do it for you! That's why AT&T/HBO Max wanted to try to tap the RTSC phenomenon and get that lightning in a bottle somehow. We're not going to see people back in the movie theater for quite a while I think. Streaming is where it's at, and it's a medium where Rotten Tomatoes scores don't mean ****. What matters is how much people talk about the most recent episode/chapter online, and whether that generates more subscriptions.

A re-release of Knightmare Batman for ZSJL would rock! Uxas I think is not farfecthed at all. And yeah, for sure, with glowing eyes. I'm surprised at how well it works for JL Superman, actually. I'd seen some videos showing the light bleeding over into others areas of the surrounding face/head. But looks like they're masking it off inside better now. Anyway, Uxas I probably would display with the glowing eyes.

Original design Steppenwolf is certainly a possibility.

If we see two Green Lanterns (assumed by many to be Hal Jordan and John Stewart) in a post credits scene visiting Bruce and Alfred to warn that now Darkseid is coming... that would definitely get fans excited. But if so I think that's setting up their appearance in JL 2, so probably no figures for them until then.

This of course assuming that ZSJL edited into a six part TV miniseries is a big hit, drives up subscriptions, etc. And when I say big hit I mean mainly as measured by positive Internet chatter on social media, i.e., using the best possible advertising/marketing--let consumers do it for you! That's why AT&T/HBO Max wanted to try to tap the RTSC phenomenon and get that lightning in a bottle somehow. We're not going to see people back in the movie theater for quite a while I think. Streaming is where it's at, and it's a medium where Rotten Tomatoes scores don't mean ****. What matters is how much people talk about the most recent episode/chapter online, and whether that generates more subscriptions.

Yeah it's a bit of a perfect storm really. HBO Max and streaming needs ZSJL, even more so due to Covid as nothing else new can be made for a while. Even better they don't even have to jump through the hoops of the very dubious "system" of normal movie "scoring" with Rotten Tomatoes etc. My only concern is it won't take much for those pundits that were proven wrong with the Snyder Cut to say it's crap, and have the last word so to say.

No question though I'll be subscribing to HBO Max (when it becomes available in Europe), writing as many positive comments and likes on Twitter etc to do my bit for good feedback to AT&T/HBO. Assuming it's good that is :) But from what I've seen it seems definitely to be the case.

A JL 2 would be so great ! But one step at a time. I'm sure Hot Toys will also be somewhat cautious. However surely simply the Release of the Snyder Cut should have been enough for them to re-start the development of Cyborg at a minimum, the final member of the League (at least that we at least know of to date).

Aquaman would be my least favorite from the league lineup. Flash is a great figure, and looks good next to Batman or Superman . I really like the magnetic head attachment for flash. Let's get Steppenwolf next, or, a parademon...

I am sure the overwhelming majority of people don't buy these figures to play with them though.

I'm pretty sure majority of people plays with them while taking photos or posing them.

I don't know your definition of playing, but I would love to know how you interpret it.

If I can’t play with a Hot Toys figure in the mud and dirt then it’s a bad figure.

That said, I’ve heard Aquaman’s articulation is horrible.

Back