MaulFan's Illustrations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this with interest Sean and I'm blown away with your talent ! With all of the attention to detail you can tell that you are really into the subject. This type of image would look really cool blown up onto a large canvas. That's a rare talent you have there, be sure to let it out again sometime ;)

I've been watching this with interest Sean and I'm blown away with your talent ! With all of the attention to detail you can tell that you are really into the subject. This type of image would look really cool blown up onto a large canvas. That's a rare talent you have there, be sure to let it out again sometime ;)

Thanks Paul, and good to hear from you again.

It's an 8 x 10 high resolution image, my sig isn't even full size on the eyes, so I can print them nice. One day I hope to setup a wall with all my favorite illustrations framed.

My latest endeavor.

Me I want what's coming to me...the world...and everything in it.

TM1.jpg

Oh yeahh, sure it's me and about 5 million other people, but Scarface is one of my favorite movies, and that and Carlito's Way are my two Pacino favorites.

I actually did this one a few years ago, I decided with my recent success, i wanted to revisit him. I like to capture him at emotional moments and I really enjoy how, even though it's partly because of cocaine, the shock he's in over Manny and everything, mixed with the music as it all falls apart around him is really cool.

I also enjoy when he declares war so that's why I did the crazy eye shot too.

Okay Sosa, you wanna ^^^^ with me.

scar.jpg

Thats pretty cool man, its nice to see some Pacino love. He's been my favorite actor since I was very young, I can't wait to see this project done.

Tony's biggest weakness? ..................... he got high on his own supply.

Scarface was my favorite movie too before I discovered The Shawshank Redemption. I'm a bigger fan of his 70's reign, Godfather 1 & 2, Dog Day Afternoon, And Justice For All, Serpico, etc.

Pacino = The Man!

Yeah, I'm more familiar with his later days, Scarface, Carlito's Way, Donnie Brasco, HEAT, Any Given Sunday, Insomnia, 88 Minutes, but he is the man.

I definitely want to capture him more raw in this new one, a lot of my early illustrations were soft. Rambo's opened up capturing a more rugged look.

Yeah, I'm more familiar with his later days, Scarface, Carlito's Way, Donnie Brasco, HEAT, Any Given Sunday, Insomnia, 88 Minutes, but he is the man.

I definitely want to capture him more raw in this new one, a lot of my early illustrations were soft. Rambo's opened up capturing a more rugged look.

Yeah the Rambo was about as good as it gets so this should be fun! I also forgot and silly me too :D I loved him in Donnie Brasco and Heat, although his performance in Heat seemed a bit weak imo.

Looking forward to see what you can do on this one Sean:)

Your Rambo was amazing,just amazing!:bow

Well, some people have probably forgotten the start of the Scarface portrait, or will see this update expecting to find work on that, but I haven't :lol

With these illustrations, for me, it's not just something I do anymore. When I first got into it I was just drawing favorite characters from movies and such that I liked. As I've pushed what I do with them, I've come to find myself connected to them and they're an emotional therapy. Rambo was started and finished at points where I needed to be absorbed in the character and the moment I was representing.

Scarface and Ledger Joker are ones I'd like to do, but I don't feel that commitment right now, so here's what I'm working on at the moment.

B1.jpg

Based on this photo

BA.jpg

Wow, these are awesome, Sean! I love Batman's eyes...very nice!

EDIT: That Rambo is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Anddddd, once again I've abandoned another piece to move onto something else, however, I see myself finishing this one off within a reasonable time. I'll eventually finish the others, it's just a matter of what am I most into doing at the time, which right now is this.

Rambo illustration (and movie) part 2.

1.jpg

That`s right,screw Batman...Rambo all the way!!!:lol

Quite a Challenge making his Angry face look right i assume?

Quite a Challenge making his Angry face look right i assume?

Not at all, he's essentially "clean" compared to Rambo 4, all his features are easily spotted, it's just a matter of time getting them their but it won't be nearly as complicated as the Rambo 4, I think the Joker is the only one that could contend with Rambo 4 because his makeup presents the same challenges as Rambo's mud and blood and all, but this Rambo will be easy.

After that, figuring out just which image from First Blood and Rambo 3 to do will be tricky.

Back