maul figure = shipping cost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a fellow Brisbanite I share your pain. In fact I've complained to Sideshow in the past, and they replied that they were "constantly reviewing" their processes to best serve their customers. Of course this doesn't mean things will change anytime soon. The best way to get it changed is via the customer service form.

Increasing my frustration, Tower Records charged less than $US15 to freight a HUGE box of figures (via DHL I think). But they probably got bulk rates.

If I had to pay a shipping cost that was as much or more than the item itself, I would simply cancel the order.

If you really want to show SSC your displeasure, hit them where it will hurt them most: their wallet.

Besides, it's not like these things won't be on ebay for the original cost in your region where you can pay normal shipping.

I do agree however that I think it's very crappy they did advertise this item would ship with the figure.
How can they produce a detailed figure but can't get 3 hunks of barely painted plastic balls on 3 pieces of wire out at the same time?

Poggle the Greater said:
Besides, it's not like these things won't be on ebay for the original cost in your region where you can pay normal shipping.

Actually poggle you're a little wrong about this.

There is ONE distributor in Australia. And they are crap and charge a HUGE markup. Everyone one else is a reseller. And the figures aren't the exclusive figure. Then you've got figures that are SSE Exclusives like Skinner, Krycek, D'Hoffyn etc that were never sold here. And it would appear that apart from Star Wars and LOTR most of the 12" figures aren't making it into Australia. Hell - I couldn't even buy sideshow stands from them - they just weren't interested. Buffy and Bond are the only figures that can be picked up cheap here - mainly Buffy. Even a damn Art Buck costs $A40 + shipping (that's about $US28 + shipping as opposed to Sideshows $US20 + shipping).

One possible solution would be for "exclusives" to be sold outside the US but only available from SSC inside the US - the purpose of it really is to give SSC an advantage over its domestic customers. That and SSC to get a new distributor in Australia who actually gives a crap about customers.

Poggle the Greater said:
I do agree however that I think it's very crappy they did advertise this item would ship with the figure.

Did I miss something? They never said these would ship with Maul, but where an accessory to go with your Maul figure. There was nothing mentioned it would ship in the same package. They gave a suggested ship date for both figures of Q4 2006. That means either item could have shipped between Oct-Dec of this year. This means Maul could have shipped in Nov while the Probes in Oct or vice versa.

LordAzrael said:
One possible solution would be for "exclusives" to be sold outside the US but only available from SSC inside the US - the purpose of it really is to give SSC an advantage over its domestic customers. That and SSC to get a new distributor in Australia who actually gives a crap about customers.

This makes perfect sense I hope someone from Sideshow is reading this thread.

Collector Freak said:
Sideshow bumps up shipping costs and pockets the difference.

I'm fairly certain they don't - but I don't think they get any special treatment which I would expect they should. I do know that in the past they weren't aware that international shipping was based purely on size - so they didn't realise that if they put a product in a larger box than was required that it would result in a greater cost to the purchaser.

I wonder if somehow we could form a collector group in say Brisbane and get our product shipped collectively to one address and then shipped onwards domestically - it would have to end up cheaper ? Maybe even use their local distributor as a distribution point ?

LordAzrael said:
I wonder if somehow we could form a collector group in say Brisbane and get our product shipped collectively to one address and then shipped onwards domestically - it would have to end up cheaper ?

You'd have to have quite a few figures before you started to notice the difference. I've had two or even three figures shipped together and it hasn't saved me THAT much.

Outlander said:
You'd have to have quite a few figures before you started to notice the difference. I've had two or even three figures shipped together and it hasn't saved me THAT much.

Combined shipping workes fine for me. Saves me at least 50% ($30!!!) shipping costs if two 12" figures ship together.

Outlander said:

Depends alot how they ship it. I had three shipped together once and it did save money - because there was no spare space in the box. SSC shipped two to me once in a box that was meant to hold 3 and I was charged the same shipping as for 3 figures - becase the international shipping was based on dimensions not weight.

So the reason you don't save much on two figures may be the box used.

So it's SS fault these shipping companies charge what they do and foreign countries charge custom taxes and fees?

We need to start blaming them for the weather and who gets voted into office and why you got a flat tire on the way home.

EVILFACE said:
So it's SS fault these shipping companies charge what they do and foreign countries charge custom taxes and fees?

We need to start blaming them for the weather and who gets voted into office and why you got a flat tire on the way home.

Did you even read this thread ?

EVILFACE said:

...! What the...?

EVILFACE said:

This is the best reply ever.

Back