maul figure = shipping cost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amir said:
I wish I paid 7-9 dollars, heck even 20 dollars would be fine , but 40 dollars shipping hurts, especially considering we live on the same continent, North America!!

Yup, that definitely sux big time!!

To bad there isn't something SS could do to help you guys out, and now the rates are going up next month:monkey2 , sux man.

Guys, you're just gonna have to move to the states.

It is about 30 dollars to ship the figure, then another 10-15 dollars in brokerage fees once the figure arrives at my door. I have been shipped many packages (SS sized) from the US by USPS and the cost usually is between 10-15 dollars, depending on which state it is coming from.

Amir said:
It is about 30 dollars to ship the figure, then another 10-15 dollars in brokerage fees once the figure arrives at my door. I have been shipped many packages (SS sized) from the US by USPS and the cost usually is between 10-15 dollars, depending on which state it is coming from.

Ok, that makes sense. I have never been on the receiving end of that. My experience as a seller has been about that same price for 12" figures, and I usually use USPS.

King Darkness said:
Yup, that definitely sux big time!!

To bad there isn't something SS could do to help you guys out, and now the rates are going up next month:monkey2 , sux man.

Guys, you're just gonna have to move to the states.

Or Sideshow can move shop and their operations up North to good ol'Canada :D

Amir said:
Or Sideshow can move shop and their operations up North to good ol'Canada :D

No, no, no. Cause then I'll have to pay import fees and we cant have that, now can we:D

I'll tell you what you guys/gals that collect outside the US are die hards to be sure. The shipping companies just don't cut anyone enough of a shipping break to get you your stuff.

jlcmsu said:
I'll tell you what you guys/gals that collect outside the US are die hards to be sure. The shipping companies just don't cut anyone enough of a shipping break to get you your stuff.
The only reasonable international shipping is USPS, but they have a ****ty tracking system. They can only track packages that are shipped express.

The only reason I went with a direct sideshow order was that for once I got an exclusive (well, inclusive), otherwise I would have ordered through a local supplier (Like I did with Anakin and Obi).

Shipping costs really do suck, and the debate generated is interesting - perhaps they could offer joint shipping for items when shipping costs are going to be more than say US$40 (as an example). I find it a little difficult to believe that they (SSC) are unable to do something like that for OS purchases, but I guess change is hard. Maybe they might look at something like that for the future. - Here's hoping!

scriff

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Usually lurking is enough for me, but I had to chime in on this.

I live in Brazil, and also face this problem. I usually get charged $60 - $65 on shipping for Star Wars figures from Sideshow. But guess how much was shipping for my Aragorn exclusive edition?

If you guessed NINETY FRICKIN BUCKS + CUSTOM FEES (60% over the order total!) + BROKERAGE FEES, you won! :monkey2

Bluetooth said:
Hey guys, long time lurker here. Usually lurking is enough for me, but I had to chime in on this.

I live in Brazil, and also face this problem. I usually get charged $60 - $65 on shipping for Star Wars figures from Sideshow. But guess how much was shipping for my Aragorn exclusive edition?

If you guessed NINETY FRICKIN BUCKS + CUSTOM FEES (60% over the order total!) + BROKERAGE FEES, you won! :monkey2

Yep. I complained at the time about the new box being bigger than the old one cos this would happen international shipping being based purely on dimensions rather than weight.

Bluetooth said:

Welcome to the board - sucks with the fees - I'm feeling it too mate.

Scriff

I don't get why they base the price on dimension instead of weight, when a Star Wars figure and the Aragorn figure wheigh pretty much the same... but then again, I'm not in the international carrier business.

Because of these charges, it's more cost-effective for me to purchase marked-up exclusive editions on eBay. Shipping's cheaper, and 90% of the time there's no custom fees. I end up saving a few bucks (not that much, though).

EDIT - Thanks for the welcome Scriff!

Welcome Bluetooth

Bannister said:
The only reasonable international shipping is USPS, but they have a ****ty tracking system. They can only track packages that are shipped express.

Man don't even get me started on how wonderful the USPS is. Those guys couldn't deliver a cold on time.

jlcmsu said:
Welcome Bluetooth

Man don't even get me started on how wonderful the USPS is. Those guys couldn't deliver a cold on time.
I actually have never really had a problem with usps, I just hate the fact that you can't really track international packages with air parcel.

Of all the shipping companies any issues I've had have always been with the USPS. They are pretty reliable but man they just are a pain sometimes and like you said you can't track crap.

Welcome Bluetooth! You should chime in more often!

jlcmsu said:
... Yeah, like it's so easy to just go buy a warehouse. :lol I bet they can go to the warehouse store and just buy one and get two on special. :rofl Besdies the fact they just moved into a bigger warehouse and building plus other things. I doubt they have money to just toss about.

2 weeks a long freaking time to keep something. Hoenstly that's more than fair and more than customer friendly. Unfortunately, I don't think it's nearly as unavoidable as you want to make it out to be. ...
What I had in mind was -renting- a larger space in a perhaps larger warehouse. Not -buying- a warehouse. But I can see why you misunderstood...

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I never had any trouble with USPS... I could always track my packages without any problem (even though I use the Brazilian post office Website to track them), they're much cheaper and extremely reliable. Never had a package lost in the mail.

I remember a while back, Sideshow wanted to charge me an extra $10 handling fee (for filling out customs forms) for shipping stuff through USPS (I don't even know if they still offer this option).

I understand them wanting to ship packages using the easiest method for them, though - I imagine they can't afford to loose time filling out hundreds of customs forms, especially this last quarter, when their warehouse got slammed with products.

USPS has been the most reliable for me by far. The tracking is definately a weak spot though, at least it is slightly better when using EMS.

LOTRFan said:
USPS has been the most reliable for me by far. The tracking is definately a weak spot though, at least it is slightly better when using EMS.

Same here. I do all my "flippin' shippin'" through USPS... :monkey5 :monkey3 :rotfl (just kidding, folks...)

But seriously, I've got shipping horror stories for UPS and FedEx but so far, USPS has worked out great, even internationally.

Back