Maul and probe droid ES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbeard

PF Pirate
Reaction score
Okay so they have announced the ES for the regular edition of Maul and the Probe droids. So when are we going to find out the inclusive ES? Or have I just missed it somewhere along the way??

Well if you look at the ES of what the regulars turned out to be just figure it was much higher for the Inclusives.

Yeah but I'm curious to know the exact number, especially with the regular Maul set at 9000

I presume I understood this inclusive thing wrong.

What I understood was, after the closing of the order period, which was 3 days for maul, the edition size will be set for inclusive, which will be based on the actual orders placed on SS web site.

I guess this is not the case with "Inclusive" ES.

If you look at the page you will notice that there is no spot for the # of inclusive like there is for all the other items. I would bet that they are not going to post it. If thats the case I can see a lot of pissed off people.

I don't understand why someone would be pissed about not getting an edition size. I mean be happy you had 3 days to order this at your convinience and were able to get the one with extra stuff without burning down servers or having to skip work or something ridiculous. I mean in the end are you gonna sell this thing? I guess some folks are, ok, but still I bet it sells at a plenty good price because it's the version with extra sabers. I just don't get the big hub-ub about this things edition size, that's me and to each their own I guess. I'm happy I didn't have to take an extra lunch just to have the chance to possibly order it IF I got past the web traffic.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I don't understand why someone would be pissed about not getting an edition size. I mean be happy you had 3 days to order this at your convinience and were able to get the one with extra stuff without burning down servers or having to skip work or something ridiculous. I mean in the end are you gonna sell this thing? I guess some folks are, ok, but still I bet it sells at a plenty good price because it's the version with extra sabers. I just don't get the big hub-ub about this things edition size, that's me and to each their own I guess. I'm happy I didn't have to take an extra lunch just to have the chance to possibly order it IF I got past the web traffic.
How are they supposed to feel special for owning one if they don't know how limited it is? ;)

The whole "Limited Edition/ES" issue has been discussed ad nauseum since the beginning of time. Some people like to know that their "piece" is special due to a limited amount manufactured and not something that compares to a McDonald's Happy Meal toy in exclusivity. More importantly, no one wants to pay $60+ dollars on an item that could immediately be available on ebay for significantly less. I'm willing to bet that those of you that believe everyone should be happy just to get one would not want the monetary value dropping on their pieces. Perfect example: Those of us that collected Hasbro 12" figures are happy about getting are figures in the first place but truly disappointed that they are worth pennies on the dollar now. If you aren't then you're just fooling yourself.

"Those of us that collected Hasbro 12" figures are happy about getting are figures in the first place but truly disappointed that they are worth pennies on the dollar now. If you aren't then you're just fooling yourself."

That's your fault for ever have had buying Hasbro 12":rolleyes:

I honestly don't care about value because I never plan on selling these EVER. I've been collecting Star Wars for 10 years now, I'm getting rid of a few toys I bought out of fad, and never expected to get what I payed for them back when I bought them . I knew I wouldn't. But these are more than fad, these are the downright best Star Wars figures I've ever seen in my life, and will never sell it, so I really don't care about value or speciality or anything. I'm special because I ride the short bus and my mom says so, that's good enough for me!

BUT thank you, I understand now where someone might. And I feel sorry for them, because I don't know why you'd buy something amazing like this, and not plan to keep it. But again, I can't judge, it's just something I'll never FULLY grasp.

PosterBoyKelly said:
BUT thank you, I understand now where someone might. And I feel sorry for them, because I don't know why you'd buy something amazing like this, and not plan to keep it. But again, I can't judge, it's just something I'll never FULLY grasp.

Keep in mind too that just because someone actually wants to know the ES doesn't mean that they have plans to sell it either. I'm sure you are right and some folks will, that's inevitable. But there are still many who plan never to sell this and would still like to know the ES.

Plus, I guess some of my curiousity comes from the fact that with the inclusive ES it isn't somesort of educated estimated guessing game to set the ES. Basically tally all orders during the inclusive time frame and there you go. Obviously the number is set, so why not publish it??

That's a good point, I don't know why they don't. Also sorry if I sound harsh in my comments, I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking anyone, I'm guiltyof being kinda harsh sounding anyway in person,but I don't mean anything by it in an antagonizing way.

I'm curious about the inclusive edition size just because we know how many there are for every other figure... why not these too. It doesn't make a huge difference in the long run, but its still an interesting tid-bit of info.

my only debate about the inclusive edition is the price comparison with the limited edition. I was hoping that SS could have at least kept the price to the $49.99 range. But its cool, as long as I got mine its all good :chew

oxbeard said:
Plus, I guess some of my curiousity comes from the fact that with the inclusive ES it isn't somesort of educated estimated guessing game to set the ES. Basically tally all orders during the inclusive time frame and there you go. Obviously the number is set, so why not publish it??

My guess is because the edition size is probably something like 15,000 and if they say it then everyone is going to be pissed. If people were upset at 2500 Bib's you can imagine how angry they will be at 15,000 Mauls.

Last edited:
Yeah, I expect it's at least 12k no lower than 10k.

As far as caring about the ES. Well, no that doesn't mean you collect for value. It's cool to know that an item is limited or that you have a item with a low #in that ES set. However, no matter what the ES is on an item I don't care because I have something I want and will cherish. You can go out and say it's no better than a McDonalds Toy (which I'm sorry is a silly comparison) but that doesn't mean it's not as cool. If the item isn't that cool to someone fine that's your right but overall I think many more fans will agree the overall item is the more important thing.

The people who will complain that now its not as collectable can still say their Jedi Luke, Kit and the others are limited.. so there will be 15,000 Mauls, Fetts and Vaders there will still be plenty of "limited" ones down the road.

i'm kinda surprise to see the regular edition set for 9000. I was thinking maybe the inclusive # will be more and the the regular edition less.

The only people who'd be upset over a high ES are those who are looking at this from a money standpoint, not a collectible standpoint. Whether it be percieved value, or they are planning to sell it for a profit. If you are getting this because it's the best 12" version of one of the coolest characters in the SW universe, then who the F@*# cares about the ES!?

And yes Batty, it appears to be an endless debate.

Darth Loki said:
If you are getting this because it's the best 12" version of one of the coolest characters in the SW universe, then who the F@*# cares about the ES!?

Best reason I know of to buy them!

Back