Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

I don't understand why they go with the rubber capes, the Batman series had great articulation but suffered at the hands of an odd looking, heavy and clunky cape.

I found getting all the Batman series in stores to be impossible, to save endless running around i think i will just aim to get Superman, Jor El and Zod in what ever versions are available.

Picked this up yesterday. Not sure I am keeping it though, do I need this when I am getting the HT version? Probably not. I will admit it looks pretty good in package.

I don't understand why they go with the rubber capes, the Batman series had great articulation but suffered at the hands of an odd looking, heavy and clunky cape.

:exactly: I replaced the stock capes with fabric versions on both the Begins and TDK Batman MM figs. Big improvement.

Picked up Superman today at Toys R Us (then found it cheaper at Target :slap)

Gotta say, it's better in hand for sure. Whenever the one with the key comes out, I'll customize one of them with a repaint and fabric cape.

They had Zod as well but no Jor El unfortunately. Going to hold out on Zod until the one with shackles comes out

These are some fine figures. I picked up a Zod a couple of days ago on my vacation with plans to use the body for a custom Batman figure and the head for a Gotham cop figure. The texture on the suit is incredible. Gonna use the Batman Begins head for the sculpt on my custom Batman. Will post progress pics.

Finally found the Man of Steel figures. I picked up Superman and Jor-el. Waiting for Zod. I really love these figures! I think the likenesses are great. Though the paint on one of the Jor-el eyes seems a bit off. If I can find one with a better paint job, I'll pick him up again. But it's not bad. They are a ton of fun to pose, and you can get them in some really cool poses. The paint apps were clean and looked great. I especially like the swirly paint job on Jor-el's armor. I tried to take some pics, but was having trouble getting some good shots as my usual set-up in my art room is a bit overrun with boxes right now. But here are some of Superman:

8845940476_b907c89e2c_z.jpg

8845940970_94fd87b974_z.jpg

8845321203_30abb8b8b1_z.jpg

8845321017_dfb4bee41b_z.jpg

8845320969_079089e225_z.jpg

8845940330_af9f74edf2_z.jpg

I picked up my second Zod today after a hunt once I got back home from vacation.

If you are having trouble finding these, try Target. I found both of my Zods at Target stores.

if anyone is interested in a jor el , let me know i will have one for sell in two days , will sell it for 36$ excluding shipping cost.

WTF!? :dunno

The Walmart by my house is stocked with Jor-Els. :lol

Yeah, he's not going to stay that high. He was commanding high prices because the figures hadn't filtered throughout the country. I don't think it'll be an issue that he's only one per case, either, as soon he'll be two per case in a later assortment. That is, unless the shelves get clogged with Supermen or Zods or something.

if anyone is interested in a jor el , let me know i will have one for sell in two days , will sell it for 36$ excluding shipping cost.

Hmmm. An even higher price than ebay. I might consider it :lol :cuckoo:

Man, armored Zod looks great! Can't wait to get that guy.

Armored Zod turned out great! Can't wait to stumble upon him. Found Jor El at Target yesturday. Already made him a cape and will attach it this weekend

Back