Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

Saw three cases at Wal-Mart today. the first time they got them in. No one was putting them out, so I opened one up. Had a shackled Zod in it! It's a cool figure, though I wish the shackles were more of a different color compared to his suit. I also picked up a replacement Jor-el since my first one had slightly wonky eyes.

I think there were two? I just kind of grabbed them quickly and moved on.

Where is everyone getting these!? I've checked Walmart, target, toys r us, and even HEB and I haven't seen a single one! :/ just the sucky little rocket launching Supes and Zod for the little kiddies..

Today was the first day that we got these at Wal-Mart around here. I got my first set a few days ago at Wal-mart. If you go to Wal-Marts website, look for a figure, and then do a search by store, it should tell you when they'll be in store (it'll say something like "Ready for Store Pick-up on 5/30"). I was surprised how accurate it was!

Today was the first day that we got these at Wal-Mart around here. I got my first set a few days ago at Wal-mart. If you go to Wal-Marts website, look for a figure, and then do a search by store, it should tell you when they'll be in store (it'll say something like "Ready for Store Pick-up on 5/30"). I was surprised how accurate it was!

Thanks for the info bud!

If you have a Meijer by you they also have them.

More pictures!
A few more if you're interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/31045631@N00/sets/72157633720945078/

8887455734_74a79b001d_z.jpg

8886832591_eaba6b0ddc_z.jpg

8887455990_0f82a5cce7_z.jpg

8886832443_14ec8e8950_z.jpg

Thanks for the tip on General Zod in shackles. After work 2day. I stopped at walmart & found him. No Zod with armor or Faora yet.

Last edited:

Lucked out and got Battle Armor Zod and Faora yesterday from Wallyworld. Just need a Jor-El and Kryptonian Key Superman to complete the set.

Thanks for the heads up fellas about Walmart. I'll be going there tomorrow tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll be just as luck as you guys

Picked up a Superman today at Target. First 6" figure I've bought in ages. These are a hell of a lot nicer than Mattel's efforts at Batman in their Movie Masters line. Pretty impressed with him in-hand.

wish like hell I could find someone other than superman in this assortment

Just picked up Armored Zod from Walmart. They had tons of him and regular superman so I got to pick a good one. They didn't have any others unfortunately. Now just have to find Faora, Zod in Shackles, and Sups w/ key. Picked up Jor El earlier this week from Target

Picked up a Superman today at Target. First 6" figure I've bought in ages. These are a hell of a lot nicer than Mattel's efforts at Batman in their Movie Masters line. Pretty impressed with him in-hand.
Agreed and they're cheaper at least compared to the TDKR figures I paid 17.99 of more for the TDKR figures and only bought them for the batsignal. Sold off the entire set of TDK(R) MM figures. Plus I love that these come with a base

I'm wondering if these figures will eventually go on sale like the TDKR movie masters did.

The underlying sculpt is pretty solid, but the stock apps kill it (especially the 5 o'clock shadow). Much better w/ a repaint.

8931876755_73fc1fe06e_c.jpg

8917924417_ce1e2aa886_c.jpg

Awesome work. Haven't seen a single one of these yet

Back