Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

This looks pretty good, i may pick one up for my son. Can't wait to see the hot toys prototype though, kal'el (and jor'el) is must own for me. I just hope he comes with more accessories, u know like a highly detailed motorcycle ripped in half which he can pose with as weapons or a prop of destruction, or anything more then a necklace

He might even come with the "Super Cycle". An actual bike he can ride fighting crime.
You know, like the Hasbro made "Iron Man on quad bike" and "Iron Man with Rocket pack"(So he can... fly....).
Nothing like milking the figure sales.
Maybe superman with space shuttle(So he can fly in space, lol).

Seriously, though, the Superman figure above looks great.
Can't wait to see the HT reveal.

He's got a lazy eye! :lol

Man%20of%20Steel%20Superman%20Movie%20Master.jpg.jpg

That's without question the best looking Superman shield/emblem I've ever seen....:thud:

I doubt they'd ever do a Reeve Superman as I don't think their 12" line of Superman, Lex Luthor and General Zod sold all that well. Not sure if they'd do a Keaton Batman either, but I'd say it's more likely then a Reeve figure.

The 6" New Krypton Superman is very Reeve-Like in appearance.
Enough to do a bash anyway.

20100217_eac9cf6501db83b613f7ea5Z0RAMDyb2.jpg

I doubt they'd ever do a Reeve Superman as I don't think their 12" line of Superman, Lex Luthor and General Zod sold all that well. Not sure if they'd do a Keaton Batman either, but I'd say it's more likely then a Reeve figure.
That's because the 12" Mattel versions looked like wonky DOLLIES. :lol

There's plenty of demand for great 6" 'movie masters' versions of Reeve, Keaton & co., don't worry. Why do you think they've got the 60s TV show characters planned for that line too - they do good work in that scale.

It'll happen eventually. :wink1:

Looking forward to those 1966 offerings. So colorful and we know they can do good headsculpts.

Good enough anyway.

Face is definitely not good but the body sculpt looks great. Still a buy for me though for sure. No questions

rSddwDt.jpg

I actually think the likeness looks better here. :lol

Last edited:

LOVE the packaging!! Thanks for the pics Snoop! Hope to see NECA's sometime this week.

It would be cool. Damn, it seems like everyone and their mother is doing products for this and 66 Batman. Hot Toys, Sideshow, NECA, Mattel, Koto, DC Direct; you name it. I see no reason why everyone shouldn't have some sort of representation in their collection; lord knows there are enough options.:lol

The hands looks really huge. I really like the brighter colors, and agree that the packaging is pretty nice.

Sad that figures like these used to be more the standard rather than the "adult collectible" that they are now.

I want this figure... But there is such low coverage, if not at all, of the Man of steel products... Is there more coverage anywhere online?

Here's to hoping that these will be easier to collect than the Green Lantern and Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters.
BTW, is there any info about a C & C or BAF being included in this line?

I want this figure... But there is such low coverage, if not at all, of the Man of steel products... Is there more coverage anywhere online?

seems like stuff is there but companies won't let ppl take pics of most of the Man of Steel stuff. So far on DC Collectibles has allowed pictures to be taken of their MoS stuff

Slightly different angle

00_Man_Of_Steel_Movie_Masters_Superman__scaled_600.jpg

Back