Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

I hope this isn't how the final MM Zod will look like ... I REALLY prefer his suit in the DC Direct statue. Everything else about this Superman figure is absolutely fantastic. Hopefully they use the better grade plastic from TDK stuff and not the even cheaper plastic from the Green Lantern stuff.

I'm still hopeful that Mattel continues making a TDK trilogy line, and gives us accurate updated on figures they screwed up from the other films.

A more accurate Joker

- v1 likeness is soft, as is the paint job
- v2 face paint color is off, and the hair sculpt is all wrong

A more accurate BEGINS Batman

- it's way shorter than all the other figures, not dense or big enough either
- the gauntlets were put on in reverse on the forearms
- needs a bigger cape

And I wouldn't mind a potential better re sculpt of TDK suit and a Bane in just his vest. They used the same Batman figure for 4 - 5 years and made no visual changes for it's re-release. Really lazy attempt at a cash grab.

I hope this isn't how the final MM Zod will look like ... I REALLY prefer his suit in the DC Direct statue. Everything else about this Superman figure is absolutely fantastic. Hopefully they use the better grade plastic from TDK stuff and not the even cheaper plastic from the Green Lantern stuff.

I'm still hopeful that Mattel continues making a TDK trilogy line, and gives us accurate updated on figures they screwed up from the other films.

A more accurate Joker

- v1 likeness is soft, as is the paint job
- v2 face paint color is off, and the hair sculpt is all wrong

A more accurate BEGINS Batman

- it's way shorter than all the other figures, not dense or big enough either
- the gauntlets were put on in reverse on the forearms
- needs a bigger cape

And I wouldn't mind a potential better re sculpt of TDK suit and a Bane in just his vest. They used the same Batman figure for 4 - 5 years and made no visual changes for it's re-release. Really lazy attempt at a cash grab.

OMG Yes. Especially on the Batman Begins figure. I've owned 3 and they have all had loose/****ty joints and have all been too bloody short!

Has anyone seen any news on exclusive Movie Masters?

We got an exclusive Gordon and Batman with blueprints last summer so I'm wondering if Mattel bothered coming up with anything for Walmart or anyone else this time.

Found my first Superman and Zod yesterday afternoon at Kmart. They had a small section up front by the registers. Only peg space for 4 Movie Masters; 2 Supes and 2 Zods. Everything else was the smaller kid stuff; some sled looking vehicles and a battle suit in box.

This particular Kmarts boys section had not been reset and was pretty bare with the same old junk. I found Man of Steel by accident as I was passing by registers.

So if you don't see them at first in the usual spot, check around!

No figures in my area yet, though I've been looking. There are empty pegs reserved for their arrival at Wal-Mart. I might only get Jor-El from the first wave, if I can find him. I might wait for the later Superman and Zod with the accessories. For Zod, I'm considering just getting the armored version.

I wonder what the SDCC exclusive 2-pack will be? It's Superman VS Zod, but they should be exclusive variants. They aren't ready to reveal them yet.

My Target had all these, the first wave of three anyway.

Passed on all of them.

My Target had all these, the first wave of three anyway.

Passed on all of them.

I did the same. My Toysrus has had them for almost a month now. They are $25 a pop here in Canada, pretty steep for figures like these with no accessories.

Superman should come with a flight stand, thats like his thing.

Surprised we haven't seen a Jor El variant with his cape announced - that seems like an easy quick buck idea for Mattel.

Just picked up my Jor El at Fred Meyer so wave 1 complete. Fred's seems to have gotten 1 case. Lots of smaller figures and flight speeders.

They also have the unitard 3 3/4" Zod without accessories. Sorry, don't know what else to call him.

Sighting from Gresham, Or.

I only picked up Jor El from this wave and I'm waiting for superman w/ command key and armored zod, Since it looks like they are reselling superman but adding a key and selling the same zod but with shackles. Probably the only 3 figures I'm getting for this movie. I hope they dont come out with a cap version of Jor El since I don't feel like buying another one of him. If they do I will probably just pass on it.

All the Walmarts around me are sold out of these, but some sellers at a local Collectables Show here were selling them last weekend. One guy was selling Superman for $40 already! And even higher for the others.

I managed to get Supes for $15 from another dealer, and worked out a deal for $25 for Jor-el, who seems to be the scarcest (1 per case). Didn't like the Zod. There's an armored Zod coming in the next series, I might get that one.

One dealer though told me that Mattel was shorting the series to create demand, so once these are gone they would be gone. I doubt that though. They did the same thing with Joker and then flooded the market later. And according to BBTS the subsequent series will re-release the same figures anyway.

But if you want one and see it, I'd suggest grabbing it just in case.

Yeah, I think the dealer was just trying to make them seem rare. Right now, the only figure that might be rare is Faora because she shows up in only one assortment. Jor-el will feel shortpacked in the short term, but he's 2 per case in some assortments. Plus, Superman and non-armored Zod will also be available with added accessories a bit later, too.

When is the armored zod coming out and the superman w/ command key?

All are amazing. Can't wait for series 2.

b5f7d0cf-0450-480a-9eb6-12767b36ded4_zps95b55aca.jpg

8a7d2651-40d7-44b5-b0a9-e9127540d9e1_zps902dfe2f.jpg

0bee8823-5cb1-4da4-a7b4-052eb6875fbc_zps3e25a0cb.jpg

9ac34a4e-e475-4989-881f-66f57f0c1fa5_zps31058dc7.jpg

They do look nice for this scale of figure. I just wish someone in my town would get them already! Grrrrr.

these do look really good, and word seems to be they look much much better in person. defo gonna pick up the Supes figure and patiently wait it out for the armoured Zod in series 2 which looks amazing. gotta love the helmet he comes with!

I have superman and zod, superman is Awesome and can't wait to display him with my mafex batman. Zod is blah, going to sell it and get the armored version. Jor El looks fantastic in all pics I've seen so far, i have him for PO at BbTS

Back