Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

really cool repaint! at lest now I know I won't be ruining my second Sups figure whenever I get it :lol

I found Superman on May 4th. Zod and Jor-El May 22nd. And just found armored Zod and Faora yesterday. I found them all at Wal-Mart. Still looking for shackled Zod.

Finally stumbled across these at Wal Mart. Pictures really don't do them justice, particularly Superman. For a mass market toy these are pretty nice. I wish they weren't so esspensive for what they are, but I'm hoping to get a Supes for Father's Day :D

I've been seeing empty pegs of the MM line. Finally found a Supes today. Didn't get Zod, maybe I'll get the other version if it looks better. Hope Jor-El ain't gonna be hard to find later on.

The underlying sculpt is pretty solid, but the stock apps kill it (especially the 5 o'clock shadow). Much better w/ a repaint.

8931876755_73fc1fe06e_c.jpg

8917924417_ce1e2aa886_c.jpg

That's amazing. How do you get the paint so smooth. That is always my biggest problem is getting the paint to look like it is factory painted.

Amazing Job.

I'm still hopeful that Mattel continues making a TDK trilogy line, and gives us accurate updated on figures they screwed up from the other films.

A more accurate Joker

- v1 likeness is soft, as is the paint job
- v2 face paint color is off, and the hair sculpt is all wrong

A more accurate BEGINS Batman

- it's way shorter than all the other figures, not dense or big enough either
- the gauntlets were put on in reverse on the forearms
- needs a bigger cape

And I wouldn't mind a potential better re sculpt of TDK suit and a Bane in just his vest. They used the same Batman figure for 4 - 5 years and made no visual changes for it's re-release. Really lazy attempt at a cash grab.

Thank you for this post. I want this badly as well.

So would any of you out there want to see vehicles for the Movie Masters or do you feel such a thing belongs in the 3 3/4" line only?

I had imagined Kryptonian flyers for each of these guys ... blend of film inspired but just off screen looking, single pilot ships.

Of course once on Earth they don't really need ships; just trying to think like a "good-ol-days" toy line would have thought ...

I've wanted vehicles since The Dark Knight. We still never got a Movie Masters Tumbler. This line of figures can be really half-assed at times.

Still no luck finding Armored Zod or Faora for me. Seen tons of all the others, including Superman with the key.

Still no luck finding Armored Zod or Faora for me. Seen tons of all the others, including Superman with the key.

Ok, I have tried to fight the temptation of these. I don't even really have this scale anymore. But i am dying for some MoS stuff, and HT seems to enjoy toying with my emotions. So I may pick these up today. Is there any significance to the key? Does it serve any function with the figure?

Ok, I have tried to fight the temptation of these. I don't even really have this scale anymore. But i am dying for some MoS stuff, and HT seems to enjoy toying with my emotions. So I may pick these up today. Is there any significance to the key? Does it serve any function with the figure?

I'd say it's more of a prop replica/necklace kinda deal, at least from the size of it

Nope but if u can buy either one might as well get the key one because u get more for the money and its harder to find then the regular one

I'd say it's more of a prop replica/necklace kinda deal, at least from the size of it

Nope but if u can buy either one might as well get the key one because u get more for the money and its harder to find then the regular one

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I do have one more question. How would these stand in scale to the regular Mattel Batman Begins/TDK figures? Would they dwarf them, or fit in nicely. I never got into the Movie Masters line for Batman. They just looked off.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I do have one more question. How would these stand in scale to the regular Mattel Batman Begins/TDK figures? Would they dwarf them, or fit in nicely. I never got into the Movie Masters line for Batman. They just looked off.

The Superman figures are about a head taller than the Batman ones. They're quite a bit bigger and don't really fit with Batman's line.

The Superman figures are about a head taller than the Batman ones. They're quite a bit bigger and don't really fit with Batman's line.

This should be the case anyway. Superman is taller then Batman. Superman being 6,4 and Batman suppose to come in at 6,2.

So it works perfectly.

This should be the case anyway. Superman is taller then Batman. Superman being 6,4 and Batman suppose to come in at 6,2.

So it works perfectly.

I never thought of it that way. I always picture Batman being taller. But I guess I'm factoring in the cowl. And i kind of think that Superman should be bigger. It might be an interesting scale. And if not, I can still find TDK/TDKR Movie Masters everywhere here in Texas.

Back