Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the point in making this hollywood crap? Those movies and tv shows sucked. Seriously, who the **** wants a Val Kilmer Batman ffs?

Panther Suit has been my most wanted Batman figure for years. In 6 inch scale no less. Now their final result is less than ideal, but still a hell of a lot better than the big old "nothing" we've had since 1995.

If we can get a Returns suit in the 6-7 inch scale, my Batman collection will finally be complete.

Do you guys actually watch those movies? Returns, Forever, B&R...those were terrible movies...atrocious. There's nothing redeemable about them at all. Well maybe Alicia Silverstone in latex but...?

Do you guys actually watch those movies? Returns, Forever, B&R...those were terrible movies...atrocious. There's nothing redeemable about them at all. Well maybe Alicia Silverstone in latex but...?

Forever and B&R...Yes, but in a "so bad it's entertaining and funny" kind of way.
Yeah, they're bad, but I can see how someone who was a child when they came out can remember them fondly. Not every film is made with the adult fan in mind.
I was a teen when they came out, so I wisely avoided them like the plague and luckily had the Bruce Timm animated universe stuff to keep me occupied.

Batman Returns is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, actually. I love Batman, and I love the style of early Tim Burton. For me, that film is a match made in heaven.

Too many jaded people hate on Tim Burton nowadays.

Batman Returns is a classic and some would argue better than the 1989 movie but I like them about the same. The Schumacher double I was never a fan of but for fans of the 60s show they work well as a follow on as they have the same campy feel and humour and they still have the only movie version of Robin so far. And after the drab Nolan trilogy & Batfleck I can see some wanting to go back to them for something a bit lighter.

I love Batman Returns.

Forever is decent.

I like em' better than Dark Knight Rises, Batman v Superman and Justice League.

The more collectibles from the older licenses, the better.

I love Batman Returns.

Forever is decent.

Exactly. No offense to the ppl who like the Nolan movies but it's so over done nowadays in figures. Just about every figure company has done an variation of the Nolan Batman's. Mafex,mattel,neca,ht,jada,sideshow,etc. Only an select few companies have done older Batman film figures. So the more the better Imo. From the older batman films. He'll I may get two mattel Forever Batman's so one can be modded to an Clooney Batman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I watch Batman and Returns every now and then.

I probably haven't watched Forever or B&R in about 20 years, and I have no intention to see them again.

I just really love the Panther Suit, nipples and all.

(I'm also "over" the Nolan trilogy. I could see myself watching TDK again someday, but not anytime soon.)

Man, I thought Batman Returns was pure ****. After '89 I was really looking forward to it but it was just a dark version of the campy '60s series; falling into kitty litter, Punguin taking control of the Batmobile and penguin pallbearers...smh

Yeah, looking back, 1989 was a Batman movie with Tim Burton touches.

Returns was a Burton movie with a touch of Batman.

Big difference.

I love Batman Returns.

Forever is decent.

I feel the exact same way. I watch Returns every Christmas and just had the fun experience of watching 89 with my nephew who's in 5th grade (the same grade I was in when I first saw that movie).

I love Batman in every incarnation - even in cringe-worthy adaptations and comics - but the Burton films will always be my favorite. Unlike the modern properties, they didn't make toys with Hot Toys' quality when we were kids, or even a basic articulated 6" figure. Snyder fans have no wait time to get the ultimate figure for their shelves from the movie, but we've been waiting for quality Batman figures from the 80s and 90s films for decades. The Multiverse figure is the first Batman Forever figure to actually get the panther suit costume correct (except for the nipple prominence).

On a related note, I bought a new black Lack table from Ikea and was able to finally unbox my Batman Forever and Batman and Robin variants from high school. Fun to see all those ridiculous toys again. I need to go back and watch Forever soon...

They tend to be drama queens and spread out their reveals over several days. Quite annoying really. Lets Hasbro get the all the attention and since they've been rather lean on DC announcements since DCUC ended I doubt they'll pull anything this year to top any of Hasbro's announcements.

That's a bummer. I'd love to know whether or not they're going to make more classic live action figures.

Just give it a few days and they'll show something most likely, even if its just film figures for Aquaman or something like that. They do the same thing for SDCC and it is SO annoying having to go back to their booth everyday to see the newest reveals.

I love Batman Returns.

Forever is decent.

“Batman Forever”gets a bad rap. When it came out, it was actually pretty well received. It was only after “Batman and Robin” had been out for a while and the general concensus was that it was bad, that people started lumping the two movies together. Yes, they both had the same director, but “Batman and Robin” took a markedly more campy turn. “Batman Forever” had some of that, but not to the extent of “Batman and Robin.”

IMG_9497.JPG

Back