Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an AWESOME figure, geez! I’m glad the proportions are better than Mattel’s BvS WW. I haven’t been able to find one of these in the wild yet but if I can’t then I’ll just order her online. Too good to pass up.

The cape looks surprisingly big but it’s nice that they included it.

cape is taped to the tray and on removal the glue of the tape stays on the cape ,causing it to stick to its self :thud:

might just be mine :dunno ill try washing it off and report back :dunno

46313328561_dc35e76d9d_z.jpg

44496613200_0ef15c0079_z.jpg

Fabric capes really suck...lol

Mattel lost the DC license, so no more Multiverse figures or any DC figures of any kind. Personally, I don't care. Mattel figures suck, imo...

On December 21st, a seemingly innocent press release hit the web, announcing that Spin Master was signing a new license with Warner Bros. for the DC Comics brand. The release announced that Spin Master would be getting the license to produce “boy’s action category, remote control and robotic vehicles, water toys and games and puzzles” starting in 2020. At the time, it seemed like this was just an all-new license being granted for Spin Master to produce items for kids. But, on the 24th, news began to circulate that this was a much larger issue for Mattel, and fans of DC Entertainment toys.
According to a report by Bloomberg, this license agreement signals the end of Mattel’s master toy license. Spin Master will be taking over the majority of the DC Comics licensing, with Mattel retaining just some of their previous categories. Mattel’s license will include “preschool and girls’ toys”, while Spin Master’s boy’s action toy category will likely include traditional action figures. On Monday, Mattel’s stocks, which were already at an 18-year low, had another drop of 4.5% on the news. The report also states that Mattel will aggressively be seeking new licensing partners, noting that both of Hasbro’s Marvel and Star Wars licenses will be up in 2020 (unless renewed prior to then).
So, where does that leave collectors? DC Collectibles is likely to be unaffected by the change in hands. You will still see higher end collector figures from lines like S.H. Figuarts, MAFEX, Hot Toys, One:12 Collective, and Revoltech. If Spin Master is taking over the production of mass retail action figures from Mattel, chances are that 2019 will be the last year for the DC Multiverse line. Mattel’s DC Multiverse line seemed to finally get on track recently, with some impressive 6″ scale figure releases of late, especially with the Aquaman movie assortments. Spin Master is more known for kid-oriented toy lines like Paw Patrol, Bakugan, and Hatchimals. At this time, their approach will be hard to gauge. Like all DC action figure fans, we’ll be watching and waiting for Spin Master to reveal what they have planned, as well as what’s next for Mattel.

Mattel lost the DC license, so no more Multiverse figures or any DC figures of any kind. Personally, I don't care. Mattel figures suck, imo...

Some of Mattel's most recent figures (while nowhere near the quality of Hasbro's Marvel Legends) were looking pretty good. If only they'd put half as much effort into the DC line as they did their WWE stuff.

Some of Mattel's most recent figures (while nowhere near the quality of Hasbro's Marvel Legends) were looking pretty good. If only they'd put half as much effort into the DC line as they did their WWE stuff.

It’s the people running the lines that screw it up. It’s no wonder the WWE stuff looks great as they have the likes of people like Dave Vonner contributing to the execution of the brand. Who’s running the DC brand?!?! Bill Benneke(sp?)? He wouldn’t know cool if it slapped him in the face! The new designer ,still supporting the product on IG, was fired before the new product even hit the shelves. Another dumb Mattel decision. Who would have thought Toy Guru would’ve been the best part of Mattel/DC for the last ten years. Remember when everyone thought he was the worst product manager in the business?? Fooled us all...fooled us all...

He was actually stemming the tide for something much worse.

The Multiverse figures had some of the worst distribution I've ever witnessed. The fact that there were a lot of tie-ins to the ongoing train wreck that was until recently the DCEU probably didn't help things either. I can see that being frustrating on both ends.

Mattel has managed to screw up at every possible opportunity with their DC line so I am glad to see it go. The license went to a relatively smaller toy manufacturer that hasn't ever really had a big license like this before so they might screw it up to but the odds of them doing some decent figures is still greater than Mattel.

Even better is the rumor the Mattel might try to aquire Star Wars or MARVEL in 2020 when HASBRO looses the rights but I would imagine HASBRO won't let that happen.

There still is no proof that its action figures. Says boys action could be anything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's still DC Collectibles, and (although as previously mentioned, Mattel's distribution blows) Mattel still has the license until 2020. So maybe there's still hope for a BR Penguin.

They'd better blow their load until then. I'd love a Stamp Zod, Pfeiffer Catwoman, DeVito Penguin, Arnold Mr.Freeze, Carrey Riddler, Silverstone Batgirl, etc. (I know that's a lot to ask for but I can dream. :monkey2)

What bums me out most is that Mattel was finally taking the Multiverse line in the right direction, and now they're losing it. I wouldn't have minded nearly as much when they were making those ****ty BvS figures, but with photoreal and the added articulation I bet we would've seen some really cool stuff down the line.

They'd better blow their load until then. I'd love a Stamp Zod, Pfeiffer Catwoman, DeVito Penguin, Arnold Mr.Freeze, Carrey Riddler, Silverstone Batgirl, etc. (I know that's a lot to ask for but I can dream. :monkey2)

What bums me out most is that Mattel was finally taking the Multiverse line in the right direction, and now they're losing it. I wouldn't have minded nearly as much when they were making those ****ty BvS figures, but with photoreal and the added articulation I bet we would've seen some really cool stuff down the line.

What interests me the most about this news is that the license doesn't seem to be a all or nothing deal: Spinmaster gets DC action figures and Mattel (and I'm guessing Fisher-Price) keeps the preschool stuff, cars, dolls. Does that mean other companies are getting anything? Will NECA produce anything new in the 6 inch or 1/4 scale range?

What interests me the most about this news is that the license doesn't seem to be a all or nothing deal: Spinmaster gets DC action figures and Mattel (and I'm guessing Fisher-Price) keeps the preschool stuff, cars, dolls. Does that mean other companies are getting anything? Will NECA produce anything new in the 6 inch or 1/4 scale range?

That’s what I got curious about. I love the John Wesley Shipp Flash and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and I’d have loved to see more, but I also won’t pretend that the folks at NECA and DC Collectibles aren’t capable of delivering stuff just as good or better. I think, as much as the quality has improved, it’s the diversity of product I’ll probably miss and it kind of pisses me off that it took Mattel this long to get around to doing classic movie and TV stuff.

That’s what I got curious about. I love the John Wesley Shipp Flash and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and I’d have loved to see more, but I also won’t pretend that the folks at NECA and DC Collectibles aren’t capable of delivering stuff just as good or better. I think, as much as the quality has improved, it’s the diversity of product I’ll probably miss and it kind of pisses me off that it took Mattel this long to get around to doing classic movie and TV stuff.

No way I am building another DC Universe with Spinmaster. Mattel gave us the best DC (maybe just the best period) action figure line ever. If the new figures are not cohesive with my current DCUC / multiverse collection (and I do not expect that they will be) I will be out.

No horsemen no bueno.

For all of Mattels failings what an unbelievable line they gave us.As you say more diverse than anybody would ever imagine. We will never see the likes of Kamandi or Forager down the Walmart/Target Toy aisle again.

If Randy said the toy industry has known this for a while my guess is that this goes back to the 7” neca batman/superman alien/predator stuff. Seems like mattel started to pick up the gas with multiverse when they started to get a sense that they would be losing that part of the license. That way they can use their budget to create new tooling, plan out a solid year of figures, lay off the people who designed them, sell some better DC stuff that fans are waiting on after the drought they themselves created and end the line with some good faith, use this new stuff as a try out for a new license and recycle the bodies towards that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see if Mattel is going to make any announcement. Seems like some reports say that Spinmaster is getting a boy toys license as in R/C vehicles, and other toyline with no mentioning of action figures.

The press release specified that Mattel will be keeping some of its kid-friendly toys so it sounds like the DC Super Heroes/Imaginext and DC Super Hero Girls stuff will still be by them.

Oh nice! Glad to see these are still happening - I’ll probably wait to find them at GameStop though. I hope they manage to squeeze out a Returns Batman & Catwoman before they lose the license in 2020.

Penguin looks okay from a promo pic I saw; I think their 4” figure has a better likeness to Danny DeVito though. Ledger Joker looks surprisingly good though. I remember there being a ToyFair or NYCC picture a while back and there are some really clear pictures of him.

Back