Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could also be mattel making sure that there ears are reinforced enough not to break from them using cheap plastic which is also quite likely.
Probably just laziness. I don't get it. Mattel 9/10 is on part with their WWE figures but when it comes to Batman movie figs they suck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It could also be mattel making sure that there ears are reinforced enough not to break from them using cheap plastic which is also quite likely.

Even if that was the case it's not really an excuse. I haven't had a problem with that since very very early DC Direct figures.

As someone who got out of collecting Marvel Legends recently, I've begun picking up DC Multiverse quite a bit.

Everything from the paint apps, to the articulation is inferior.

But for some reason, I like them more. And I have no idea why. I'm definitely more of a Marvel guy, but my Legends would generally sit in their plastic prisons for the most part.

These DC Multiverse figs are usually opened, and I'm finding myself enjoying displaying them. And some of them CAN hang with some of the poorer legends figures, IMO.

It’s kind of bittersweet for me seeing stuff like this because, truthfully, I’m just happy to see it getting any attention at all. It seems like there’s such a severe dearth of merchandise pre-Nolan that, even Mattel stuff seems welcome. For Mattel, I feel like the JWS Flash is terrific, the Kilmer isn’t, but it’s refreshing to see him get any love at all. Hopefully, Carter turns out closer to the former, in terms of quality, but, at the same time, there’s also a part of me that’s kind of sad that this is probably the best we’re going to get, and that we’ll never see any lines like MAFEX or Bandai, or, hell, even DC Collectibles pay all this older stuff any mind.

It looks like all Multiverse figures will come in those new boxes from now on.

DC-Multiverse-Batwoman-1-600x600.jpg

And I just found out about this today, but they actually made a Mera figure which is exclusive to Amazon - like their gold dress Harley.

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Comics-Multiverse-Justice-League/dp/B06X6CZBBX

81yKUphZU8L._SL1500_.jpg

I know there’s no way it would ever happen, but there’s a part of me that thinks it would be awesome to see the JWS Flash get the electrostatic flocking treatment. It’d be cool as hell with that suit’s texture.

Probably just laziness. I don't get it. Mattel 9/10 is on part with their WWE figures but when it comes to Batman movie figs they suck.

Idiots running the DC line. If I get to attend Toy Fair next time that would be my question for them. Just give up the license to better hands.

I don’t understand how they can nail the Shipp Flash and make the Kilmer Bats look worse than the 90’s Kenner Keaton BR :thud:

I don’t understand how they can nail the Shipp Flash and make the Kilmer Bats look worse than the 90’s Kenner Keaton BR :thud:
It's mainly the head. The body itself looks fine.

Yeah, the body looks really good. They should've made the head and neck one piece, like NECA's Begins Batman.

Last edited:
I'd really love to see how that looks when it's finished.

It'd be awesome if someone made a run of custom heads for this guy, since we likely won't get another Kilmer Batman figure for a long time.

What's the point in making this hollywood crap? Those movies and tv shows sucked. Seriously, who the **** wants a Val Kilmer Batman ffs?

Seriously, who the **** wants a Val Kilmer Batman ffs?

I do.

Rather have a Kilmer Batman figure that has never been done before than the millionth toy incarnation of Bale or another Affleck.

This Mattel figure sucks, but hopefully this means there will be more stuff like this in the future.

Yeah, the body looks really good. They should've made the head and neck one piece, like NECA's Begins Batman.

Like a scaled down version of this.

IMG_9451.JPG

Back