Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if thats why Neca hit a brick wall with continuing their older DC film TRU exclusives. I mean, JWS Flash??? I wish I could go back in time and give the news to my 8 year old self that had the JWS Flash poster on his wall and had to deal with the crappy Toy Biz figure at the time. AND a Val Kilmer Panther Suit Batman???? Whoa.

35c2118937b69e21abcd42ae36a0d82b.jpg

30 bucks each?
Look at what Hasbro or Bandai is offer for 20bucks.
Such a shame Mattel is soooo out of touch with the industry.

I'm considering that Kilmer Batman (I LOVED Batman Forever when I was a kid), but I really, really dislike figures with ab crunch...

I don't get who Mattel thinks they are. The only one of those that even looks remotely passable as it's subject matter is Linda Carter and she will likely be brutalized by QC issues in the mass production. Kilmer looks like trash and Flash looks like he was made by Jakks Pacific. $30 is a joke, look at what Hasbro, NECA, Bandai or any of their competitors can do for less. Go home Mattel youre drunk.

I would be interested in the Kilmer Batman but not for $30. I'm guessing they're justifying the price because they're adding in a display stand with a scenic background? I wouldn't be surprised if the background is just some printed cardboard.

The Shipp flash is one I have wanted for a very long time but not at that price. Mattel does yet another in a long line of bone head moves.

The $30 price point kills this. Even NECA's Ultimate figures aren't that much. Hopefully they're loaded with accessories to justify it, but I can't see Mattel doing that.

I'll still get Kilmer, but I can wait to get the others when they hit clearance.

Last edited:
I've wanted a Shipp Flash figure for going on 28 years now, so while it's not something I'd make a habit of, I don't have a problem paying $30 for one (probably two). The fact that it's even being made blows my mind.

I'll get the Kilmer Batman. The Panther suit has never been done in figure form.

Looks weird and wonky, but so did the 4" Multiverse Keaton prototype.

IMG_9349.JPG

Wait. Are these from the Multiverse line, or are they Mattycollector exclusives..?
30 bucks is a waaayyyy high for a multiverse figure.

From what we've seen. Matty Collector is done. THey doomed themselves from the beginning. TOo much greed.

Wait. Are these from the Multiverse line, or are they Mattycollector exclusives..?
30 bucks is a waaayyyy high for a multiverse figure.

Multiverse figures usually don't include a lot of accessories or a diorama, so I could see these being part of a separate line. MattyCollector's site was shut down a while ago too, which means maybe these won't be exclusives?

Multiverse figures usually don't include a lot of accessories or a diorama, so I could see these being part of a separate line. MattyCollector's site was shut down a while ago too, which means maybe these won't be exclusives?

Also, their 66 line of figures wasn't part of the Multiverse, and they made some pretty rad sets.

batman-1966-tv-series-to-the-batcave-batman-playset-mattel-toys-13__66412.1461393190.jpg

I want to say that was about $39.99 at retail.

I wonder if thats why Neca hit a brick wall with continuing their older DC film TRU exclusives. I mean, JWS Flash??? I wish I could go back in time and give the news to my 8 year old self that had the JWS Flash poster on his wall and had to deal with the crappy Toy Biz figure at the time. AND a Val Kilmer Panther Suit Batman???? Whoa.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed that there were no TRU exclusive DC figures from NECA this year. I still hope they get around to Catwoman, Penguin, and Burt Ward Robin eventually.

That would be a shame if Mattel put a stop to it.

The $30 price point kills this. Even NECA's Ultimate figures aren't that much. Hopefully they're loaded with accessories to justify it, but I can't see Mattel doing that.

I'll still get Kilmer, but I can wait to get the others when they hit clearance.

Glad I don't want these... you mention the price in relation to NECA, over here in the UK a standard Vanilla NECA figure is about £32/34.... the Ultimates can be over £40! So these figures are going to be in the high thirties at least! I know it's our own fault because the pound is tanking.... It's just priced a significantly large number of us out of the hobby!

Back