Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guy on the foosh post this up

Re: Mattel's DC Multiverse [6 inch]
Postby Ham Salad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 am

The Experience the Wonder page for Wonder Woman lists a UPC. Plugging it into Walmart Brickseek retrieves a product named "DC Comics Multiverse Signature Collection Figure Assortment."

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory- ... =628962671

So, more confirmation on the product name, I guess.

and a guy offered up this as a why no reeve superman at this time ,cant say if hes a in the know or full of it but here it is :)

Re: Mattel's DC Multiverse [6 inch]
Postby Ash Talon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 am

I've known about these for a while but couldn't say anything. There isn't a Reeve Superman planned, because his estate currently won't license his likeness. An odd decision as Reeve was such a heroic person for many people. Shame too, as I always wanted to assemble West Batman, Carter Wonder Woman, and Reeve Superman There was also supposed to be a Stamp Zod, but I think due to Reeve's likeness not being available he was pushed to make room for the Shipp Flash. I also wouldn't expect a Nicholson Joker, as he charges a huge amount for his likeness.

There isn't a Reeve Superman planned, because his estate currently won't license his likeness.

Then how did Hot Toys and NECA pull it off? If that's the case his estate must've stopped licensing his likeness just recently.

Last edited:
Then how did Hot Toys and NECA pull it off? If that's the case his estate must've stopped licensing his likeness just recently.

It's most likely a recent decision not an overall decision.
The Hot Toys and NECA Superman were made a long time ago. Doesn't imply. Same with the Mattel 4" Superman figure if anyone remembers.

MDxsybJ.jpg

Just needs a good repaint and new cape

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He needs a whole new head. It just looks completely out of place, and not right at all, haha. Body is decent though.

Flash on the other hand is near PERFECT. I'll need 2!

I am ecstatic about that JWS Flash. Comes at the perfect time, too, as I’m supposed to be meeting him in April.

He needs a whole new head. It just looks completely out of place, and not right at all, haha. Body is decent though.

Flash on the other hand is near PERFECT. I'll need 2!

Agreed. Why does Mattel seem incapable of making pointy ears on the cowls of their movie Batman figures? Their Keaton Batman figure that came out in the smaller scale a couple years ago was the same way. It’s too bad, because the rest of the figure looks pretty good. Looks like they did a good job on the Flash figure. Hopefully the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman turned out good too.

Agreed. Why does Mattel seem incapable of making pointy ears on the cowls of their movie Batman figures? Their Keaton Batman figure that came out in the smaller scale a couple years ago was the same way. It’s too bad, because the rest of the figure looks pretty good. Looks like they did a good job on the Flash figure. Hopefully the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman turned out good too.

Because they cant make figures anymore with sharp hard pointy edges that are available in toy stores aimed at kids (they did back in the 70s/80s but there was less molly coddling then). If you want more accurate figures you have to buy adult collector figures like NECA as there Keaton had pointy ears but in the UK NECA products aren't available in general toy stores only in comic shops. And even tough NECA is sold in general stores in the US they still have a age rating of 4+ on DC figures and 14+ on NECA figures.

Because they cant make figures anymore with sharp hard pointy edges that are available in toy stores aimed at kids (they did back in the 70s/80s but there was less molly coddling then). If you want more accurate figures you have to buy adult collector figures like NECA as there Keaton had pointy ears but in the UK NECA products aren't available in general toy stores only in comic shops. And even tough NECA is sold in general stores in the US they still have a age rating of 4+ on DC figures and 14+ on NECA figures.

That’s a fair point, but their two attempts at movie Batman figures (both the Keaton and the Kilmer one) appear to be especially egregious, especially when compared to many of their comic book Batman figures from the very same toy line, which appear to have cowls that look mostly accurate.

NEED that JWS flash.
I’ve been watching that series a lot lately.
I had already started working on a 1/6 custom of him when I first heard about this.
Great timing :lol:

Are these hitting stores already?

I want a hammil Trickster!

That Forever Batman is awful. It looks worse than the Movie Masters toys from 10 years ago.

I don't understand. The stubby ears, the soft generic cowl sculpt, no Kilmer likeness. It's bad. Aren't these things sculpted on a computer in 3D more or less? I don't see why it's so hard for them to look up references photos of Batman, especially when they have a decent shot of him on the front of the box.

The Keaton Batman Returns cowl and Kilmer Batman Forever cowl are beautiful. The dude that sculpted them (as well as the Returns Catwoman and BvS Affleck coals), Jose Fernandez did a fantastic job. Why can't Mattel translate such a sleek and sharp look into a $30 6" toy? It's like they didn't even try.

IMG_9411.JPG

I also don't get why these companies don't try and implement what other companies have done. You would think a employee from Mattel would get their hands on the awesome Mezco Batman figures or NECAs Keaton Batman to see how it's done. Like, look at the gap age around the toy's neck, how is that acceptable? How did the figure get approved?

Kenner actually a did a better job with the sculpt and Kilmer likeness back in 1995.

IMG_9413.JPG

Never watched the Flash tv show, but that Flash looks awesome. I definitely see the actor in the likeness. I think this classics line is a great idea (people have only been asking for thenolder stuff for the past decade now), but they could do so much better on that Batman.

That Forever Batman is awful. It looks worse than the Movie Masters toys from 10 years ago.

I don't understand. The stubby ears, the soft generic cowl sculpt, no Kilmer likeness. It's bad. Aren't these things sculpted on a computer in 3D more or less? I don't see why it's so hard for them to look up references photos of Batman, especially when they have a decent shot of him on the front of the box.

The Keaton Batman Returns cowl and Kilmer Batman Forever cowl are beautiful. The dude that sculpted them (as well as the Returns Catwoman and BvS Affleck coals), Jose Fernandez did a fantastic job. Why can't Mattel translate such a sleek and sharp look into a $30 6" toy? It's like they didn't even try.

View attachment 388592

I also don't get why these companies don't try and implement what other companies have done. You would think a employee from Mattel would get their hands on the awesome Mezco Batman figures or NECAs Keaton Batman to see how it's done. Like, look at the gap age around the toy's neck, how is that acceptable? How did the figure get approved?

Kenner actually a did a better job with the sculpt and Kilmer likeness back in 1995.

View attachment 388593

Never watched the Flash tv show, but that Flash looks awesome. I definitely see the actor in the likeness. I think this classics line is a great idea (people have only been asking for thenolder stuff for the past decade now), but they could do so much better on that Batman.

It could also be mattel making sure that there ears are reinforced enough not to break from them using cheap plastic which is also quite likely.

Back