Matrix Studio 1/4 Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edition size of 300. I'm ordering.
Companies had the license for years and never released this piece, I don't get it but no way I'm missing out on this. It's epic, had it before and miss this one. Apparently it will be at SDCC.

Cause licensed stuff is expensive, doubly so for small run stuff. They want promotion and AP pieces for free and they have to give it to them ><

It could just be a recast of a recast...the mold is probably just taken from another ebay recast piece.
But it doesn't mean poor quality though, Chronicle collectible is pretty much doing the same thing, making a mold from those 'existing recast', but they do have the license.
I'm not against, since it's like those JP pieces floating around before Chronicle has license. But I'm not going to buy it, happy with my SWS bust and no space, also don't feel much of the design of the whold body, very slim sturcture but take a lot of space.

If I had the room I would buy this, but already having the 1/4 bust and the lack of space I'm gonna pass.

Also how much would this thing cost shipped to the US?

If I had the room I would buy this, but already having the 1/4 bust and the lack of space I'm gonna pass.

Also how much would this thing cost shipped to the US?

I asked about the shipping and they are not sure yet...hoping to get an estimate soon.

Question is: apparently, you have to check "local pick up" when ordering... so if this get wrong, and you want to open a paypal claim for no delivery, how can you justify this when you checked "local pick up" at the first place?...

It could just be a recast of a recast...the mold is probably just taken from another ebay recast piece.
But it doesn't mean poor quality though, Chronicle collectible is pretty much doing the same thing, making a mold from those 'existing recast', but they do have the license.
I'm not against, since it's like those JP pieces floating around before Chronicle has license. But I'm not going to buy it, happy with my SWS bust and no space, also don't feel much of the design of the whold body, very slim sturcture but take a lot of space.

Chronicle is for the most part casting up originals (which does happen). In some cases they have been recasting early gen casts from original molds when originals are not available.

I'd be all over this if I had the space and the dough. I'm honestly past the point of caring if something like this is legit or not simply because companies like Sideshow set on this license for years and refused to give us this. And QC at Sideshow along with their prices is absolutely abysmal now and not worth handing over your hard earned cash to them. I hope you guys post a lot of pics of this. It's beyond words awesome, especially with the base and the egg. Congrats to all who will own this *****!

others know the details better than I do because I'm not sure how many molds of the original existed, but in a sense, this is from a molded recast or Matrix bought a recast and made a mold from it. We'll never know most likely. I do not know who has the original molds to the OG maquette if one even still exists. Larry aka GKAsylum would more than likely know this information because I believe he may currently have or had a Queen from the original molds. It's probably impossible to distinguish the difference from the original unless you had it right in front of you. Recasted items are usually a little smaller than the original.

The recasts of the originals that have been floating around were hollow casts.The original SWS maquettes were solid casts. There's a very good chance the Matrix studio version is hollow as well. I also love how Matrix Studios calls their pictured statue an "Artist Proof". Like one of their artists really created it!:lol

QQ图片20170617152856.jpg

From what I recall and I'm sure gk asylum will correct me if I'm wrong,his was one of the rare original 4 or 5 unbuilt and unpainted 'kits' from the original SWS molds that were made available to "serious collectors" after the actual studio maquettes were produced and his was unique in the fact that it was built and painted by friends of his at ADI.

Are there any pics of the original available?

This is as original as it gets.It was the one that Stan Winston actually kept for himself.

15859.jpg

Yep, massive. And that is one of the problems for me.

I'm still waiting on the FULL shipped price.

They already said the top of the body is hollow.

This will probably be *****ty recast quality resin as it's a recast and ripoff of existing pieces. (Ya, I'm assuming but I'm pretty sure I'm right).

It was also just the body portion on the recasts that were hollow.It's all about saving on weight and material.If these were solid cast they would need a support rod, otherwise the legs would warp.

The pricing is more a result of the cheap labor, not paying liscense fees to the appropriate owner of the original design and molds (20th Century FOX) and not needing to create an original sculpt.

I think they also said there would be support rods in the legs with hollow body to make sure it stands. Someone on FB asked.

Back