Matrix Studio 1/4 Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recast garbage. Might as well throw your money out the window.

I despise "recasts" of licensed merch, but since this piece (as a full body queen) has never been offered at retail and there's no other way to get it, how else do you? In a technical sense it's a casting of a screen used maquette, which is what any reproduction is - minus the license.
Why does a Scott Marshall Predator bust casting get a pass but this doesn't? It's shakey ground.
Sideshow should of released this full body version back with the bust in the day. The ship has sailed. I've already got a kit of this. I'll get this aswell.
And if someone ever wakes up and does a licensed version I'm down for it too, because I don't care for sideshow's fail scale attempts and the queen deserves it.

So, technically, if not offered previously as a full body maquette/statue, it is not a recast....I think.

People are going to justify the validity or authenticity of this on their own terms. It's a statue, a morality issue or both if you want to it to be...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

While this looks great, I won't be getting it.

First off, it's a recast. An unlicensed recast... doesn't that bother anyone else??
Secondly, in their recasting efforts they've failed in the egg department. That's an Alien Resurrection egg on the base and not a proper Aliens egg. Yes, the eggs are indeed different. Guess they couldn't find an Aliens egg to recast...

recasts don't bother me one bit these days, especially the way Sideshow treated myself and others over the last year. Unreal how bad that company has gotten...

This is theft. I remember the days when this kind of crap was not allowed to be posted on the forums.
There is no integrity left in this hobby.

Exactly what is this a recast of? Sorry but I don't remember there ever being a 1:4 scale full queen like this.
I have the Queen bust and while it's very similar I'm not sure anyone can say it's a direct recast without seeing them side by side.

I despise "recasts" of licensed merch, but since this piece (as a full body queen) has never been offered at retail and there's no other way to get it, how else do you? In a technical sense it's a casting of a screen used maquette, which is what any reproduction is - minus the license.
Why does a Scott Marshall Predator bust casting get a pass but this doesn't? It's shakey ground.
Sideshow should of released this full body version back with the bust in the day. The ship has sailed. I've already got a kit of this. I'll get this aswell.
And if someone ever wakes up and does a licensed version I'm down for it too, because I don't care for sideshow's fail scale attempts and the queen deserves it.

how do you mean with Scott Marshall? His Predator sculpts are sculpted from the ground up.

This is theft. I remember the days when this kind of crap was not allowed to be posted on the forums.
There is no integrity left in this hobby.

Well, there is no proof of anything. We can't just assume they don't have legit molds. It's one thing if they have a proven track record of recasting? Otherwise, this can only be seen a unlicensed product, which is happening at a insane rate these days. Unlicensed superhero statues is a common occurrence now a days.

Exactly what is this a recast of? Sorry but I don't remember there ever being a 1:4 scale full queen like this.
I have the Queen bust and while it's very similar I'm not sure anyone can say it's a direct recast without seeing them side by side.

it's supposedly a recast of the original maquette that was made for the movie. Stan Winston had it in his personal collection. Don't know how many originals existed though.

They do not have the license. They have no right to sell this. It is theft of intellectual property.

How is this fair to the companies like coolprops who go the legal route and buy the license?

These guys tried to get the license, were told no, someone already has it, and decide to do it anyway.

How well do you think a company like this is going to treat you if you have any problems with your piece?

Last edited:
it's supposedly a recast of the original maquette that was made for the movie. Stan Winston had it in his personal collection. Don't know how many originals existed though.
Are there any pics of the original available?

I don't know how I feel about this one. If it's just a matter of it being unlicensed then quite honestly that doesn't bother me. Ive got a couple Harley's and have a bunch of parts and ad ons that are made for the bikes but I'm sure aren't licensed by Harley. And I'm sure that every single person here has something in their house that represents something, sports teams for example, that it isn't licensed , t shirts, magnets, coffee cups etc.
I can't see myself sitting on a high horse about the license of this item when I know how much crap in my house isn't licensed.

It all comes down to what you're okay supporting. I'm not okay with this so it's a pass, even though I'd like to have it.

If you think this isn't a recast though, keep dreaming. Whatever it takes to justify that it's okay to support these guys by placing an order.

If this wasn't a recast, then why didn't they make it drastically different?

I never said I was buying this, lol.

If it's a direct recast then I just wanted to see the original.

It is interesting how companies that have had the license for what seems like decades have not offered a full maquette like this yet. One wonders how many more decades one would have to wait to get a licensed one.

You think I was talking to you? I'm still talking to myself.

I owned one of the 5 that was cast off he original prop...sold it years ago. The guy who made it worked at SWS too. It's a massive piece for sure. I am looking into getting this version now, price is fair and yeah, they're in China where here are no copyright and IP laws so doubt they will get shut down. I'll post pics if I get it.

how do you mean with Scott Marshall? His Predator sculpts are sculpted from the ground up.

Well, there is no proof of anything. We can't just assume they don't have legit molds. It's one thing if they have a proven track record of recasting? Otherwise, this can only be seen a unlicensed product, which is happening at a insane rate these days. Unlicensed superhero statues is a common occurrence now a days.

I'm saying that anywhere like RPF, Hunters Lair etc there's scratch built, fan made, recast to match, recast from prop you name it stuff that's unlicensed and I wonder why a piece like this cops heat.
I've got a 1:1 Raptor bust, only way to get one was from a mold of the prop from people in the know. Now Chronicle has the license and is making a 1:1 Raptor where does that leave me? :lol

I personally have no problem with unlicensed product in itself. Big companies are greedy as **** anyways. Like Walls said, almost all of us have unlicensed something or another in our houses or collections in one way or another. I'm not buying this regardless, but it's a thin line between supporting stolen work and not. Many people interpret that line differently.

My question to collectors would be what's the difference between supporting this product and buying a recast of any custom unlicensed piece?

I'm saying that anywhere like RPF, Hunters Lair etc there's scratch built, fan made, recast to match, recast from prop you name it stuff that's unlicensed and I wonder why a piece like this cops heat.
I've got a 1:1 Raptor bust, only way to get one was from a mold of the prop from people in the know. Now Chronicle has the license and is making a 1:1 Raptor where does that leave me? :lol

I don't know. It can be a confusing argument. Your custom Raptor possibly lost a lot of value though :monkey3. It's amazing because if Prime comes out tomorrow and puts up a full Queen for PO for $2k, all of a sudden that item is way more legit (even if we don't know how they got molds to it) and nobody cares about this unlicensed product, even if they came from the same molds.

Edition size of 300. I'm ordering.
Companies had the license for years and never released this piece, I don't get it but no way I'm missing out on this. It's epic, had it before and miss this one. Apparently it will be at SDCC.

Back