Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's more like last year then...
Freaking Matty!!! :slap

MOTUMeter_600x600_v7.jpg

Much, much better, and what I had been expecting:

9455664292_a1f88273ab_z.jpg

2013 Sub Sales

35% - July 22
46% - July 25
50% - July 27
64% - July 30
70% - August 1
80% - August 3
90% - August 6
135% - Close of Sub

Open 28 days from July 13 to August 6

2014 Sub Sales

35% - July 30
39% - August 1
48% - August 6

Open 32 days from July 19 to Aug 19

I got to say,
I'm much more a reader than a poster, but I feel I must add my 2 cents.
Here goes, Yes Matty and DR can blow goats on many past issues but here's the truth.

I was checking out my collection last night and just couldn't help thinking wow! this is awesome. 8 years ago I would have drooled at the very site of my collection but never thought it would ever happen.
Just having these "toys" displayed for me and my children to enjoy is worth all the crap of quality control issues/availability problems etc.

In the end damn am I happy to own these! because to not would be worse than any problems we have all faced(believe me WE have all faced them). What's the alternative? to never of had any of these!?

All this fuss about a poorly run brand manager to Mattel not listening to real fan demand is garbage! please, why in the hell do you guys think this line was made in the first place? TO MAKE MONEY!

Someone made a great sales pitch to have this line made (especially after the 200x series) and convinced Mattel that they would make money. That is it! nostalgia/ the good old days doesn't mean squat to anyone except us. If this line dies now missing a lot of good characters being made, that will be the only lasting burn or sore spot for everyone not the petty issues that every toy brand struggles with.

that would be the true shame.

Tom

Someone made a great sales pitch to have this line made (especially after the 200x series) and convinced Mattel that they would make money. Tom

that someone was the Four horseman who sculpts the whole line

I got to say,
Here goes, Yes Matty and DR can blow goats on many past issues but here's the truth.

I was checking out my collection last night and just couldn't help thinking wow! this is awesome. 8 years ago I would have drooled at the very site of my collection but never thought it would ever happen.
Just having these "toys" displayed for me and my children to enjoy is worth all the crap of quality control issues/availability problems etc.

In the end damn am I happy to own these! because to not would be worse than any problems we have all faced(believe me WE have all faced them). What's the alternative? to never of had any of these!?

All this fuss about a poorly run brand manager to Mattel not listening to real fan demand is garbage! please, why in the hell do you guys think this line was made in the first place? TO MAKE MONEY!

Someone made a great sales pitch to have this line made (especially after the 200x series) and convinced Mattel that they would make money. That is it! nostalgia/ the good old days doesn't mean squat to anyone except us. If this line dies now missing a lot of good characters being made, that will be the only lasting burn or sore spot for everyone not the petty issues that every toy brand struggles with.

Tom

:exactly::goodpost::lecture:lecture

I will say as awesome as the line is...its getting overcrowed and collector's are running out of Room to house so many figures this line has to offer.how long can this line really go?

after 2014,prices are going up...figure subs likely $27-28, day of $30

because 2014 is stronger,I just don't see 2015 happening

Ive got to say its great that people can ****** and moan here without posts getting deleted because they arn't mattel friendly and we don't have a bunch of toyguru fanboys. Everyone says it like it is unlike the org

I got to say,

Tom

I had to think what would have happened if you'd of posted this on the org. Heads would have exploded. Well anyway, well said sir.

I will say as awesome as the line is...its getting overcrowed and collector's are running out of Room to house so many figures this line has to offer.how long can this line really go?

I had to think what would have happened if you'd of posted this on the org. Heads would have exploded. Well anyway, well said sir.

Thank you,
I think people lose site of the big picture. The great thing is people are always entitled to their opinions.
If the line dies= sad but damn what an awesome run
If the line lives= we get some more much loved vintage character that haven't been made yet.
Time will tell:dunno

It's also about respect. Ya gotta give it to get it. While I share your sentiments about how great these figures are, I also highly valued the talents and input from a certain Emilliano Santalucia and Val Staples. Now after the dust up between him and Val last year, I'll grant there's room for criticism across the board. That we even have to have "Val" or "Emiliano" camps is a heartbreaker for MOTU fans. One thing became glaringly apparent to me was that Scott had no problem taking advantage of these talented individuals or using one against the other. If Scott had any respect for the community, he would have backed off but he didn't. It came off as incredibly self-serving.

Now, Scott's shenanigans don't affect the actual figures nearly as much. For that I'm grateful. After all that I know now, I know better than to assume Scott has anyone's interests other than his own in mind. That's fine so be it but for all the problems and divisions he's helped to foster in the community over the years, he ought to feel it in some way.

I'm all for supporting each other in supporting this line created by fellow fans in the 4H. I'm just stopping short of cheerleading for Mattel or Scott.

Now, Scott's shenanigans don't affect the actual figures nearly as much. For that I'm grateful. After all that I know now, I know better than to assume Scott has anyone's interests other than his own in mind. .

Scott only has his own best interests in mind

1.He had two figures made of himself in the line
2.The Mighty Spector then ruining the MOTU story/Mytho's
3.He dictates who gets made first at the expense of what fans really want and then we have to pay for it (then to keep the line going)
4.He likes to steal idea's/designs from others and make it his own (I told you about that one)
5.He is Snarky and Rude at times as a PR,while being in charge of this line as just goes to his BIG head

as far as the line itself as toys,no arguement from me as this being one of the greatest action figures lines of the Decade and being the best MOTU we EVER gotten

Scott only has his own best interests in mind

1.He had two figures made of himself in the line
2.The Mighty Spector then ruining the MOTU story/Mytho's
3.He dictates who gets made first at the expense of what fans really want and then we have to pay for it (then to keep the line going)
4.He likes to steal idea's/designs from others and make it his own (I told you about that one)
5.He is Snarky and Rude at times as a PR,while being in charge of this line as just goes to his BIG head

as far as the line itself as toys,no arguement from me as this being one of the greatest action figures lines of the Decade and being the best MOTU we EVER gotten

1. No he didn't... The 4H sculpted Scott's face on one of the Palace Guards for fun... the fact that he later used his Spector design for the 30th sub, doesn't mean it's supposed to be him... :dunno

2. How exactly? The Bio's are just nonsense... there's not ONE MOTU Mythos anyway... most fans are either Filmation or Mini-Comics, or 200x or even partial to the Marvel or DC Comics.

3. Has just been the case with FFM and Nepthu... of course he has his favorites, but even fans are divided as who qualifies as a favorite, so most likely no matter who comes first, fans will disagree...

4. Which one?

5. I agree to some extent, but since the beginning of the line fans have been much, much worse towards him... I don't agree with his responses sometimes, but fans can bee really disrespectful and even offensive. He's OK in person... he does have a bit of a rockstar syndrome though...

1. No he didn't... The 4H sculpted Scott's face on one of the Palace Guards for fun... the fact that he later used his Spector design for the 30th sub, doesn't mean it's supposed to be him... :dunno

I heard Scott requested his likeness... and who could forget Night-Lik?

:slap

:lol

2. How exactly? The Bio's are just nonsense... there's not ONE MOTU Mythos anyway... most fans are either Filmation or Mini-Comics, or 200x or even partial to the Marvel or DC Comics.

3. Has just been the case with FFM and Nepthu... of course he has his favorites, but even fans are divided as who qualifies as a favorite, so most likely no matter who comes first, fans will disagree...

4. Which one?

5. I agree to some extent, but since the beginning of the line fans have been much, much worse towards him... I don't agree with his responses sometimes, but fans can bee really disrespectful and even offensive. He's OK in person... he does have a bit of a rockstar syndrome though...

1.Yes he did
2.Bio's may not mean anything,but he writes them (in fact,ALL of them)
3.He still picks out who he wants (Carnivus and Dactys are other examples not that I don't mind those characters)
4.I prefer to keep this info with a few folks I have already told here- I happen to be friends with someone who makes toys and that's all I am saying

i dis agree. I think that if 2014 happens, and it's amazingly strong, this will bring people back in for a 2015 line.

i dis agree. I think that if 2014 happens, and it's amazingly strong, this will bring people back in for a 2015 line.

We'll see....I have already said I am dropping out after 2014

I will Cherry pick the rest I really want (which isn't going to be too much)

Back