Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watch that show to see the old stuff. But I want be for long since cable prices are going up again..

But honestly about Scott. I just ignore him and all the videos and things he says. Plus, this is the only place I even talk about motuc or matty. Everywhere else just seems..ignorant to the fact that not everyone knows everything.

On a side note. Is the "forgot your password" button on Matty working at all.. It has been a week and 20+ attempts and nothing has been sent to em. I contacted them today so we'll see.

Last edited:
Nope, I don't watch crappy TV shows... and don't have cable so I couldn't careless about it...
But sure as hell wouldn't threaten to shoot some d-list tv personality over toys...

It's more over the sneaky crap he pulls and the attitude he takes over it. I'd say the dude was border line dishonest if you ask me, and I wouldn't want him coming down to my house thinking he was going to fill my ear full of a bunch of crap, and then turn around and take advantage of me if he can get away with it. I hate the guy, and guys like him; they give us real collectors a bad name even though it doesn't sound like he is one, just a scalper/flipper/dealer. It's guys like him that make so many of us have to pay so much more for the things we'd like to have, and I wouldn't want to have any part of him.

I just watch that show to see the old stuff. But I want be for long since cable prices is going up again..

But honestly about Scott. I just ignore him and all the videos and things he says. Plus, this is the only place I even talk about motuc or matty. Everywhere else just seems..ignorant to the fact that not everyone knows everything.

On a side note. Is the "forgot your password" button on Matty working at all.. It has been a week and 20+ attempts and nothing has been sent to em. I contacted them today so we'll see.

I've never thought much of Scott (And, I mean really), he's almost as bad even though he's up to different tricks in my book.

I don't know about that dude but I feel that way about Walt Flanagan. I listened to the podcast with him and Brian Johnson for awhile but eventually just couldn't anymore. I love Brian Johnson but I really think Walt is just a bad person. He has no qualms with taking advantage of anyone he can in any way he can. I haven't watched Comic Book Men but I assume he's the same horrible person on that.

Nothing I would shoot him over but I do get angry listening to him talk proudly about screwing other people over.

So... meter has been updated... 39%...
:(

MOTUMeter_600x600_8_1.jpg

I don't know about that dude but I feel that way about Walt Flanagan. I listened to the podcast with him and Brian Johnson for awhile but eventually just couldn't anymore. I love Brian Johnson but I really think Walt is just a bad person. He has no qualms with taking advantage of anyone he can in any way he can. I haven't watched Comic Book Men but I assume he's the same horrible person on that.

Nothing I would shoot him over but I do get angry listening to him talk proudly about screwing other people over.

Most all of those guys are just crooks too in my opinion, and when it comes on I usually say a few choice words and then pick another channel.

It's the classic comic book shop owner ****. It's probably different in big cities where there's big well known comic shops but 'round here most of the comic shops I have been to are owned by a guy who's basically a scalper with a store front and acts like anyone who walks into his store just walked into his bedroom.

I haven't been to a comic shop in years but I eventually found one that who's employees where nice, friendly, and knowledgeable and didn't treat me like a second class citizen if I hadn't read something. The first time I went in there it had been years since I read any comics and I just told the guy that and asked for recommendations and he recommended Sin City and Transmetropolitan. Both he recommended to me because they were good and the TPB's were cheap so it wasn't much of a risk if I didn't like them. I wish I still went there but it's now like an hour and a half from where I live (I moved) and I just can't justify paying 33% more for TPBs than buying online.

Anyway, way off topic. Scalpers are horrible and worse they are so often the representatives of this hobby.

It's more over the sneaky crap he pulls and the attitude he takes over it. I'd say the dude was border line dishonest if you ask me, and I wouldn't want him coming down to my house thinking he was going to fill my ear full of a bunch of crap, and then turn around and take advantage of me if he can get away with it. I hate the guy, and guys like him; they give us real collectors a bad name even though it doesn't sound like he is one, just a scalper/flipper/dealer. It's guys like him that make so many of us have to pay so much more for the things we'd like to have, and I wouldn't want to have any part of him.

Heard some stories about him ;)

he was the same guy who had the Eldor prototype Vintage card art and was selling it on he-man.org only to magically have another of the same prototype after the first one sold..that caused an uproar

he is shady to the core,but of course he is out to make money so that goes hand in hand

So... meter has been updated... 39%...
:(

MOTUMeter_600x600_8_1.jpg

huh... kinda suprised. I think, however, that BBTS is preselling, gauging how many subs they need to buy.

Welp. this may be it then.

Personaly, I think the "unnamed one" being a mystery figure is a mistake. They should show it to boost sales. Becuase as it stands, I think people are expecting something like the Farting Foo mans.

huh... kinda suprised. I think, however, that BBTS is preselling, gauging how many subs they need to buy.

Welp. this may be it then.

Personaly, I think the "unnamed one" being a mystery figure is a mistake. They should show it to boost sales. Becuase as it stands, I think people are expecting something like the Farting Foo mans.

It won't be totally it....Two-bad,Modulok,Glimmer,Hydron,Goatman will get made..and possibly the unnamed one who I believe is based off the "Snake Mountain" man concept (which I actually want)

Okay I could be wrong but isn't this how it went last year? It was really far away from 100% until the last second? I vaguely remember that and people calling shenanigans.

It's the classic comic book shop owner ****. It's probably different in big cities where there's big well known comic shops but 'round here most of the comic shops I have been to are owned by a guy who's basically a scalper with a store front and acts like anyone who walks into his store just walked into his bedroom.

I haven't been to a comic shop in years but I eventually found one that who's employees where nice, friendly, and knowledgeable and didn't treat me like a second class citizen if I hadn't read something. The first time I went in there it had been years since I read any comics and I just told the guy that and asked for recommendations and he recommended Sin City and Transmetropolitan. Both he recommended to me because they were good and the TPB's were cheap so it wasn't much of a risk if I didn't like them. I wish I still went there but it's now like an hour and a half from where I live (I moved) and I just can't justify paying 33% more for TPBs than buying online.

Anyway, way off topic. Scalpers are horrible and worse they are so often the representatives of this hobby.

All those guys have the Mentality of "When you own it it's worthless, but as soon as they own it (or if they already own it), it's worth Gold".

Okay I just found some forum posts on herouniversecomics from around the time of the subscription last year. It was hard to find anything talking about it via google.

On that forum there's a post on the 25th of July saying:
It's now being reported by Mattel that they are only up to 46% of what they say they need for the MOTUC subscription.

Then on August 8th someone says:
Wow, big surprise, MOTUC got enough subscriptions. They made 135% of goal. Jeez. But, yeah, everything is up in the air and in danger of being canceled, right?

So last year they went from 46% to 135% in 14 days (or slightly less or slightly more the forum posts may not be from exactly the day the announcements were made). This year it's at 39% with 13 days left. The numbers aren't exactly the same but color me not concerned. It's essentially the same exact **** as last year.

Again, that last minite push comes from places like BBTS, Entertainment earth, And other Action figure online stores. the owners of those stores post on places like Here, as well as over at the .Org. thay have said, numerous times that they do not place their subscription orders untill the last day, as it's a cost thing, and they need to hold off as long as possible before placing those orders.

Not A SHAM not a SCAM, it's just how they do buisness.

anyone need Castaspella or Shokoti this month..both for $30 shipped each or $55 shipped for both

Back