Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattel wanted Thundercats! Such a pity it didn't happen.

Yeah I know... what a waste. :(

I for one flippen love the New Adventures stuff! :peace

I guess everything has its fans. :)

For me, it marked the end of an era... Not NA specifically, but that '90s style, GI Joe Extreme and the like, just doesn't do it for me. When I decided I didn't need every single MOTUC figure, the NA stuff was first on the chopping block. I'm all about the classic toy characters, Filmation and mini-comics... even the concept stuff, I'm starting to get iffy on (King He-Man and the like).

Could still happen, once the He-man line is finished, they MIGHT try again. The 8 inch bandai ones scale pretty nicely with the MOTUC figures as is. Shame that line was canned becuase a very small group of complainers were very vocal about wanting a 6-inch line.

when what they really wanted was a 1/12th line, and they didn't realisee tehy already had one.

Hmm, I didn't know they scaled well together. They always seemed too big...

But yeah, they really screwed the ppoch on the 6-inch line, too.

NO, see the 6 inch figures are scaled to be around 1/18th.

Think of it this way, They're GIANT cat people. Lion-o's head on the 8 inch bandai one is not that mcuch larger than he-mans.
The toys are only the same sze becuase of limitations on bodies at the time.
and while the toys are the same size, in the Cartoon Chief Carnivus TOWERED over the humans.

carnivus5.jpg

Bear in mind, that image he is bending over slightly.

That's ROUGHLY the scale difference of the Bandai Lion-o to the MOTUC figures.
review_origliono_9.jpg

I think he works just fine.

This is the 6-inch version. I think he is closer to 1/18th ( Gi joe, Mcfarlaine Halo) scale

review_tcatsclassic_9.jpg

The problem they're all pretty much non-scale rather than a particular ratio scale.

That's ROUGHLY the scale difference of the Bandai Lion-o to the MOTUC figures.
review_origliono_9.jpg

I think he works just fine.

Hmm, you're right! Funny that I never say a comparison between the two until just now. Guess I should have picked these up... They only made Lion-o and Tigra, though, right?

I guess one could make the case that either could work, since they're not human, but the size of the head makes all the difference in the 8" version. Still would be nice to have them the same size as MOTUC (and sculpted by the 4H!), though.

we're the main reason it became successful!

wow, sounds like you want a pat on the back for that.

Why should it be unreasonable to think Mattel could have done more to market their own brand that's had such a good run for the past five years? Unless you're Scott's barber, that ain't literally splitting hairs.

:rotfl I am A barber!

...and we'd call you a prick for all eternity while your junk clogged the warehouse. Sounds fair to me! :wave
Sounds good to me, prick or not it must bother the hell out of some of you guys that another nerd (Scott)other than us has the final say.

Some meaty discussion going on here! I wish I could weigh in a bit more than I do.

I find myself agreeing with what much of Ricky Bobby is saying.

It's all about these wicked figures. We can have a pretty impressive collection by the end of 2015. It's impressive already.

Ya'll remember how amazing King Grayskull was when we first got him and then the following figures? How exciting was all that??
I still think the Xmas of 2008 was one of the most exciting times and all I was getting was He-Man and Beastman.
Back then we all thought we'd be lucky to get the just the main characters and now look at what we got, a flippen Castle Grayskull and more.

And all this without any form of entertainment??!

We've done well as MOTU fans! Look at the poor Thundercats fans!

T'would be a shame to quit now.....and I say all this despite any other stuff about specific individuals, vendors and what not!

BRAVO! Love this Eamon :lecture:goodpost:

Nice to see Scott still has my She-Ra pinup there!

Thanks but I don't think it's cool or aggressive enough for some folks here! :D ;)

you can only say so much, most of us here have supported the line since 2008

you can only say so much, most of us here have supported the line since 2008

Ya know, there's some bloke on facebook by the name of Tom Khayos who is basically making a blog in order to deter people from buying a sub based on Plundor! :dunno

Ya gotta love folks going really going out of their way to be tools like that! :D

If you are friends with a Tom Khayos (I'm not) on facebook, may I suggest you give him some well deserved flack?!

Ya know, there's some bloke on facebook by the name of Tom Khayos who is basically making a blog in order to deter people from buying a sub based on Plundor! :dunno

Ya gotta love folks going really going out of their way to be tools like that! :D

If you are friends with a Tom Khayos (I'm not) on facebook, may I suggest you give him some well deserved flack?!

OR.... You can lance off his nipples with an electric whip!:thwak

Basically if the line goes ahead and when we get our Plundor, everybody and I mean everybody needs to bombard him with pics of the oh so feared pink bunny!

Like massively hi res files too! :D

Back