Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. No he didn't... The 4H sculpted Scott's face on one of the Palace Guards for fun... the fact that he later used his Spector design for the 30th sub, doesn't mean it's supposed to be him... :dunno

2. How exactly? The Bio's are just nonsense... there's not ONE MOTU Mythos anyway... most fans are either Filmation or Mini-Comics, or 200x or even partial to the Marvel or DC Comics.

3. Has just been the case with FFM and Nepthu... of course he has his favorites, but even fans are divided as who qualifies as a favorite, so most likely no matter who comes first, fans will disagree...

4. Which one?

5. I agree to some extent, but since the beginning of the line fans have been much, much worse towards him... I don't agree with his responses sometimes, but fans can bee really disrespectful and even offensive. He's OK in person... he does have a bit of a rockstar syndrome though...

More co ockstar than rockstar that fella.

3.He dictates who gets made first at the expense of what fans really want and then we have to pay for it (then to keep the line going)

3.He still picks out who he wants (Carnivus and Dactys are other examples

This I can believe. I also recall Scott's affinity towards Plundor as well.
He was fairly vocal about his inclusion in the line. Then comes the CON
in which both Nepthu and Plundor were unveiled, meanwhile the
fans were at the mercy to an either-or poll regarding Huntara and
Lord Masque. :rolleyes:

I'm actually convinced he's done this on multiple occasions as its unlikely
that he would allow characters he favors relegated to a vote or placed on the chopping block.

Last edited:
All this stuff about Scott at this point is literally splitting hairs.
In the end, do we want this line or not. A year or two from now if the line dies there will be a lot of crying and moaning over it being gone.
That is a fact!

Oh by the way if I was the brand manager there most certainly would be a sh it load of characters named after me, and if I had to deal with some of these retards out there I'd be worse.

In the end, do we want this line or not. A year or two from now if the line dies there will be a lot of crying and moaning over it being gone.
That is a fact!

Oh by the way if I was the brand manager there most certainly would be a sh it load of characters named after me, and if I had to deal with some of these retards out there I'd be worse.

:lol:lol:lol

Exactly!! Some people are real psychos when it comes to toys!!! :horror

That is a fact!

What do you mean "if"? The prospects of this thing lasting six or seven years was wobbly to start. Of course most of us want to keep going... we're the main reason it became successful! Why should it be unreasonable to think Mattel could have done more to market their own brand that's had such a good run for the past five years? Unless you're Scott's barber, that ain't literally splitting hairs.

...and we'd call you a prick for all eternity while your junk clogged the warehouse. Sounds fair to me! :wave

Then I guess we can all be thankful that you aren't the brand manager :wink1:

:lol:lol:lol

Exactly!! Some people are real psychos when it comes to toys!!! :horror

Typically I'm inclined to agree, some can be psychotic when it comes to toys or even this hobby
in general. Of course in this instance I would argue that psycho assessments aren't applicable
since much of the criticism carries a bit of weight.

Last edited:
That is a fact!

Truth.

Well, I probably wouldn't name characters after me... PROBABLY. :)

I hate that scalping ***; if he were to ever pull into my drive way I'd pull my gun on him!

I didn't listen to the audio because I honestly can't stand to hear his voice. Did he talk about buying stuff just to resell it? I'm not letting him off the hook if he did, but I have often seen that used to justify collecting to people who don't get it.

Okay, I gotta put my two cents in as well - is this REALLY something to get worked up about? I mean, this is the Internet age. If a guy has a friggin' Wonder Bread He-Man and doesn't know what it's worth or that he can sell it online for more than the Toy Hunter can offer (that's the show, right?), there's no excuse. Assuming the show isn't staged, which I'm sure it is to SOME degree at least, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing it isn't entirely fake - the seller is likely just not inclined to do so for whatever reason. Probably because he wants to just sell it quickly?

Tons of guys sell complete collections of vintage toys and what not for well below what they might get if they took the time to sell it one by one - which is what this guys does for a living. And really, barring the very occasional exception, the only buyers out there for that kind of stuff are dealers, and so what?

I really don't see the problem, personally. It's no different from what auction houses are doing, distributors, etc.

That is a fact!

More like splitting Plundors. Get it? Hairs, hares, Plundor... :monkey3

I think people need to stop posting the percentages comparing last year and this year. It just gives a guideline for Matty to change what they post each day.

Call me crazy but I'd actually like to see what happens if the sub doesn't go through for 2014. I'd like to see DR try to handle only day of sales for a year and the remaining pieces.

Some meaty discussion going on here! I wish I could weigh in a bit more than I do.

I find myself agreeing with what much of Ricky Bobby is saying.

It's all about these wicked figures. We can have a pretty impressive collection by the end of 2015. It's impressive already.

Ya'll remember how amazing King Grayskull was when we first got him and then the following figures? How exciting was all that??
I still think the Xmas of 2008 was one of the most exciting times and all I was getting was He-Man and Beastman.
Back then we all thought we'd be lucky to get the just the main characters and now look at what we got, a flippen Castle Grayskull and more.

And all this without any form of entertainment??!

We've done well as MOTU fans! Look at the poor Thundercats fans!

T'would be a shame to quit now.....and I say all this despite any other stuff about specific individuals, vendors and what not!

We've done well as MOTU fans! Look at the poor Thundercats fans!

Argh... if only Mattel could snatch that license and get the 4H working on that.

Screw these made-up characters and New Adventures stuff - if there was ever another line that I could integrate into my MOTUC collection it'd be Thundercats. :(

Argh... if only Mattel could snatch that license and get the 4H working on that.

Screw these made-up characters and New Adventures stuff - if there was ever another line that I could integrate into my MOTUC collection it'd be Thundercats. :(

Mattel wanted Thundercats! Such a pity it didn't happen.

I for one flippen love the New Adventures stuff! :peace

More like splitting Plundors. Get it? Hairs, hares, Plundor... :monkey3

I think people need to stop posting the percentages comparing last year and this year. It just gives a guideline for Matty to change what they post each day.

Call me crazy but I'd actually like to see what happens if the sub doesn't go through for 2014. I'd like to see DR try to handle only day of sales for a year and the remaining pieces.

We already know what would happen if the sub dosn't go through. the line gets canceled. No day of sales. it's over.
Already happened to ghostbusters.

Mattel wanted Thundercats! Such a pity it didn't happen.

I for one flippen love the New Adventures stuff! :peace

Could still happen, once the He-man line is finished, they MIGHT try again. The 8 inch bandai ones scale pretty nicely with the MOTUC figures as is. Shame that line was canned becuase a very small group of complainers were very vocal about wanting a 6-inch line.

when what they really wanted was a 1/12th line, and they didn't realisee tehy already had one.

We already know what would happen if the sub dosn't go through. the line gets canceled. No day of sales. it's over.
Already happened to ghostbusters.
it wouldn't be completely over....they still have to use those tools of two-bad,modulok,glimmer,hydron,goatman

why are you so convinced that we wouldn't get at least two-bad if we don't get the 2014 sub?

I Think we will possibly get two-bad. They might even rotate the subs to a quarterly deal so that those of us who subbed will still get special treatment.

I DON'T think there will be day of sales. and I don't think anything beyond two-bad is a lock.

However, i think the following is more likely.
Being a buisnessman, I see Mattel, as a company taking the path of least cost and resistance.
If the sub flops ( which i don't think it will TBQH) I think they will go ahead and release two-bad, and the rest of them might go to one figure a year at SDCC for the next few years.

Minimal cost, and makes use of the tools they've already made, which makes their cost for the next few years go down.

I'm not entirely convinced Ghostbusters is comparable. A yearly subscription based line doesn't really make all that much sense given the very limited character pool and even though the subscription was cancelled they continue to develop new products.

Also… what the hell they're wanting almost as much as Castle Greyskull for a 1/12 plastic car. You can get a fairly high end die-cast 1/12 car for that which I have doubt would be much better made and have much lower production numbers.

A very old and not so good illustration of mine but I hope it will help in some small way.

MOTUC-Advert-2.jpg

They have already said if the sub fails they would just do day of sales for one figure each quarter.

I'm not entirely convinced Ghostbusters is comparable. A yearly subscription based line doesn't really make all that much sense given the very limited character pool and even though the subscription was cancelled they continue to develop new products.

Also… what the hell they're wanting almost as much as Castle Greyskull for a 1/12 plastic car. You can get a fairly high end die-cast 1/12 car for that which I have doubt would be much better made and have much lower production numbers.

... just my opinion, but "high-end" and "die-cast" do not belong in the same paragraph. Diecast is a GREAT example of a propaganda machine at work.

... just my opinion, but "high-end" and "die-cast" do not belong in the same paragraph. Diecast is a GREAT example of a propaganda machine at work.

I loathe diecast. I cannot express that enough. I will not buy Hot Toys Robocop despite having desperately wanting a new one because it's diecast. That said, diecast and collectable cars is just the way things have been forever and yes there are high end diecast cars with like working stearing and moving engine parts and all that nonsense.

Not my bag, but you can compare those to what Mattel is slinging. Or perhaps a better example. Windraider I would say is somewhat comparable and cost $50. Sure it was a little while ago and maybe the Ecto1 is a bit bigger and more complex but no way can I believe it's $165 bigger and more complex. $215 is crazy pants. I am seriously shocked right now.

Back