Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 4H chime in...

MOTU & DCU LINES IN DANGER OF CANCELLATION!!

If you know who we are then you probably know about Mattel’s action figure lines - Masters of the Universe Classics and DC Universe Classics, and you probably also know about our involvement with both of those properties. Both lines are very near and dear to our hearts as fans and we always try to remember how very blessed we are to have the opportunity to work on both of them.

So, if you know who we are and you know about MotU Classics and DCU Classics, then you probably know what this message is going to be about. Both lines are in danger of ending prematurely and they need your help to continue. We’re not going to beg you to buy multiple subscriptions or try to convince you that getting a subscription to either or both of these lines is more important than paying your rent or putting gas in your car. Those of you who have followed us for a while know that we’ve never been like that, and that if anything we’re going to do what is natural to us and come at this from a fan’s point of view.

First and foremost, there have been rumors floating about that this is some sort of scare tactic by Mattel just to sell more subscriptions than they really need and that the charts on MattyCollector.com are faked. These rumors could not be farther from the truth. What’s going on is that Mattel is being completely transparent about the subscriptions that have been sold so far and they’re letting you in on it just so you’ll be aware of the progress and consequently how much danger these lines are really facing of being ended. We’re actually floored that the MotU Classics subscription is only up to 35% at the time of this writing and the DCU subscription is only at about 20%!

From a fans perspective we see it like this…

With the DCU line there are still opportunities for all of us to finish off some hero and villain teams that we’ve all have wanted for a while and also to get characters that really need an update and an upgrade from earlier versions that were done of them, like Superman’s nemesis – Doomsday!

As for MotU Classics, there are still lots of fairly top tier characters that are from the original toy lines and cartoons that have yet to become part of the MotU Classics universe. Plus there are many fan-favorite secondary characters that may never see the light of day if the subscription campaign isn’t successful. Characters like Tongue Lashor, Rio Blast, Extendar, Squeeze, Ninjor, Dragstor, Sssqueeze, Flutterina, Angella, Blade, Entrapta, Saurod, New Adventures Skeletor, Evil Seed, Sweet Bee, Double Trouble, Flogg, Mermista, and yes – even Madame Razz and Gwildor ALL need to be made! It’s just plain and simple - without the subscriptions these figures just have no chance of ever happening.

So, it’s not a scam or a scare tactic. It’s just fact. Both of these iconic, history making toy lines are in danger of being cancelled and the only way we can all make sure this doesn’t happen is to subscribe to Club Eternia for Masters of the Universe Classics figures and to Club Infinite Earths for DC Universe figures before Monday August 19th 2013 to help ensure that these two truly classic lines stick around for a little while longer.

That’s less than two weeks before the fate of these two heroic lines will be decided. This time you truly DO have the power! To go directly to the MattyCollector.com subscriptions page, just click here: https://www.clubs.mattycollector.co...yShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.40890484909

well they pretty much announced most the remaining list of characters that are coming in 14 and 15

Didn't they pretty much say the same thing last year? I mean… after three years in a row it's hard to believe the sky is still falling even if it actually is.

Didn't they pretty much say the same thing last year? I mean… after three years in a row it's hard to believe the sky is still falling even if it actually is.

Yep,they did

at this point I just want Two-bad and Modulok...getting bored of this Sub drama and wondering if we'll get a line each year

dosn't mean it's NOT true.

you car turns on a little red light when it's Low on gass. that's not a scam. it's a indicator.

your stomach growls when you're hungry.

This line needs people to buy into it to get made. it's fairly straightforward and simple.

the fact that they tell us this every year, AND its a slow crawl to get tehm made every yer, culminating in a last minite push where it happens, just means that its working so far.

Ghostbusters was already canned. DC will likely get canned this year.
MOTUC might too.

Beyond that, don't assume anything.
Don't assume that if the line is canceled, we will still get ANY figures. we might. TG said he would TRY, but if his brands get canceled... dosn't he loose his job?

if he looses his job, then I think we might just see NO MORE figures at all,e ven if they've alreaddy been tooled.

Yeah, I did say that. "even if it actually is". As always my complaint about Mattel has nothing to do with facts or the toys themselves and everything to do with how they handle their PR. It's horrible and often insulting to the customer.

Beyond that, don't assume anything.
Don't assume that if the line is canceled, we will still get ANY figures. we might. TG said he would TRY, but if his brands get canceled... dosn't he loose his job?

if he looses his job, then I think we might just see NO MORE figures at all,e ven if they've alreaddy been tooled.

No, he does not lose his job...he will just continue to work on other brands as he already does.MOTU Classics is just an extra pet project for him,you could say a bonus way to make extra money for mattel (and likely himself)

As far as getting those figures revealed at SDCC...I'd say they have a great chance of getting made.Cornboy wants his two-bad! he didn't mention Two-bad being in jeopardy of not getting made ;)...Toyguru stated twice the plan if we don't get the Sub

We'll pay more for them,and they'll be released quarterly with Goatman being the SDCC exclusive

It would be weird to me that they wouldn't find a way to sell anything they have already tooled. Tooling is crazy expensive up front which is why they re-use as much as they can. I mean it's CRAZY expensive. I don't think most people are aware of just how expensive getting an injection mold made is.

It would be weird to me that they wouldn't find a way to sell anything they have already tooled. Tooling is crazy expensive up front which is why they re-use as much as they can. I mean it's CRAZY expensive. I don't think most people are aware of just how expensive getting an injection mold made is.

exactly...Two-bad is only 6 months away from release....he is tooled already,he will get made at least (aswell as the others).this line is worked almost a year in advanced

No, he does not lose his job...he will just continue to work on other brands as he already does.MOTU Classics is just an extra pet project for him,you could say a bonus way to make extra money for mattel (and likely himself)

As far as getting those figures revealed at SDCC...I'd say they have a great chance of getting made.Cornboy wants his two-bad! he didn't mention Two-bad being in jeopardy of not getting made ;)...Toyguru stated twice the plan if we don't get the Sub

We'll pay more for them,and they'll be released quarterly with Goatman being the SDCC exclusive

My guess if no sub

Two-Bd becomes 2014 SDCC figure.. as do the others become the sdcc 2015, 2016, and 20 17 figures respectively.

My guess if no sub

Two-Bd becomes 2014 SDCC figure.. as do the others become the sdcc 2015, 2016, and 20 17 figures respectively.

but then that goes against what Scott said

4 quarterly figures

1st quarter-Two-bad

2nd-quarter-Glimmer

3rd Quarter-Modulok

4th Quarter-Hydron

SDCC Goatman

Huh... here is some neet info

2013 Sub Sales

35% 15 days before subs close
46% 12 days before subs close
50% 10 days before subs close
64% 7 days before subs close
70% 5 days before subs close
80% 3 days before subs close
90% 1 day before subs close
135% Close of Sub

2014 Sub Sales

35% 18 days before subs close
39% 13 days before subs close

I have an inkling where all that extra cash might be going...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/gothitropolis-raven-action-figure-by-four-horsemen

Go 4H!!! :horror Wow!

Even if it doesn't quite make it to 100% this year, I have no doubts 2014 will go through.

Let's face it, we won't know until after the deadline.

What a fake show this is! :lol

Wouldn't be the first time.

:panic::lol

Huh... here is some neet info

2013 Sub Sales

35% 15 days before subs close
46% 12 days before subs close
50% 10 days before subs close
64% 7 days before subs close
70% 5 days before subs close
80% 3 days before subs close
90% 1 day before subs close
135% Close of Sub

2014 Sub Sales

35% 18 days before subs close
39% 13 days before subs close

Yeah, I pulled the info from last year from an .Org thread. It was updated by someone else, though. The last bit of info may NOT be accurate. We have to wait until we find out if the last update was for 8/1 or 8/6. Here is the charts that went along with this, just for fun:

Previous update when TG said we were "near 40%" last Friday:
9427532004_b1e3797feb_z.jpg

What the chart looked like today because I thought the thermometer graphic was actually for 8/6:
9450660507_a1c83fa042_z.jpg

So once we find out what day "today's" update was actually made, it paints two very different pictures.

Update! That is old data! From Matty:
MC_EvilSkeletor: There will be another update as soon as we can do it. I was out sick yesterday and due to the issue on Friday, i was not able to do tany updates. We are doing them as often as we can and save this update the numbers are normally a few hours old.

Here's where we are then:

9452421147_024d740074_z.jpg

Back