Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New He-Man, Beast Man figures...

Merman and Zodiac:
234__scaled_600.jpg

236__scaled_600.jpg

238__scaled_600.jpg

More Images here:
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=13282

Man, Merman looks great... have to add him to the list as well :rock

now thats the mer-man i wanted as a kid. i hope he has a trident as well. i noticed they have a pic of original skeletor, merman, and stratos so you can see just how cool these new figures will be compared to the vintage ones.

As cool as the other figures are and how I try to limit myself to 1:6 scale. I'll only be getting the classic He-Man & Skeletor only. They Look cool next to my Neca TMNT street setup... I might get Battle-Cat if they when that far!

Aw man, King Grayskull is sold out. One of my favorite characters from the new series. Hopefully they will have the classic Battle Cat in this style and King Grayskull's Battle Cat. These look incredible, just the way the toy gods intended them to look.

I know it might not be the most popular series but the 2002 MOTU had some really cool character designs IMHO and I hope they will also get this treatment.

Thank God for the Four Hosemen.

Is anyone else having trouble ordering these figures from the website? I keep getting error messages when I try to order. I just don't want them to sell out before I can order.

Is anyone else having trouble ordering these figures from the website? I keep getting error messages when I try to order. I just don't want them to sell out before I can order.
you mean He-man and beastman? i dont think you can order them yet. the only one that was able to order was Grayskull but he sold out right away.

I saw this guys at ComicCon, they look awesome! And I was at the Mattel panel, very promising revamp!
I was lucky to grab a Regular King Grayskull and a "Bronze" statute one.
They rock!!
I wonder if I should now sell all my 200x collection?

I wonder if I should now sell all my 200x collection?

I did, except for Evil Lyn and Teela. They were considerably fragile, and most had lame action features. These new ones capture the magic of the original, they're chunky and colorful.

The mini statues rock, I'd keep those, as they're pure sculpts without the hinderances the figures suffered. And they were sort of limited, no more than 2000 each.

The 200X figs, I sold them at rebelscum's CTR section in the classifieds. Some guy bought them in bulk from me. I lost money, obviously, but I made maybe 60%+ back.

Yeah I know, I don't want to get rid of the statues, Evil-Lyn, Hordak and Stinkor are awesome.
But I don't want to sell the 200x yet and getting screwed if this new Classics line gets cancelled mid way thru...
Decisions, decisions....
:D:D

there is some more details over at he-man.org.
mattycollector.com went live! This is Mattel's online store where you will be able to buy upcoming MOTUC figures. They accept Paypal, credit cards and money order payments
King Grayskull has sold out at both SDCC and mattycollector.com
The first six figures revealed (but not all shown) are He-Man, Beast Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Mer-Man and Zodac
Release dates for the figures are He-Man on October 31st, Beast Man on November 15th, Skeletor on December 15th, Stratos on January 15th, Mer-Man on February 15th and Zodac sometime in 2009
He-Man will have both a normal Power Sword as well as the classic toy half-sword
From the 12 regular figures released in 2009, two will be characters who never were available as toys ever, and two will be characters who were released in the vintage line but not in the 2002 line
The figures are currently limited to 3 per household. Do you feel this limit should be different? Then click here to vote in our online poll about mattycollector.com order limitations!
Mattel produced two "Spirit of Grayskull" figures (blue translucent versions of King Grayskull). One was raffled off on Saturday at the con to a lucky fan. The other one will be auctioned in October for Dream Halloween 2008
No Chase figures are planned right now, but they are still a possibility
Convention exclusives are being planned in 2009 for both NYCC and SDCC
Some figures will have multiple heads, like Mer-Man
Bios on the card will be based on the story arcs from the classic toy mini-comics and 200x line
Mattel is currently looking into the possibility of including mini-comics later in the line
BAFs (Build a figures) are only a possibility if the toyline is successfull
Mattel is exploring the possibility of a subscription plan for the toys
Mattel is exploring the possibility of a comic book series available via mattycollectors.com
No news about the movie; they are still in script developement

Looks like mattel, con exclusives aside, is really considering collectors for this line. Zodac and Mer-Man are awesome, and I hope when they make stinkor he actually smells, but they could improve on the Moss-Man flocking!

Looks like mattel, con exclusives aside, is really considering collectors for this line. Zodac and Mer-Man are awesome, and I hope when they make stinkor he actually smells, but they could improve on the Moss-Man flocking!
no stinky stinkor for me. no thanks. i never had the original one but i heard it was pretty bad.

Back