Master Replica Muppets Line Dead! NOT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Master Replica Muppets Line Dead!

These are just insane prices. $99 shipped for Gonzo. $136 shipped for Animal. This won't be around tomorrow for long. Now where's the Kermit deal, although I must admit, he's probably the least desired (IMO) of the three.

These are just insane prices. $99 shipped for Gonzo. $136 shipped for Animal. This won't be around tomorrow for long.

They are good prices, although they aren't THAT much better than what Redford was offering with the coupon I mentioned six months back in this thread. I don't think you're going to get too many people buying these for potential resale considering the price they're going for on ebay, so I actually don't expect them to be selling out any time soon (famous last words, I know). I don't have any idea how many Animals that ebay seller has, but Redford themselves has over 100 Gonzos and over 200 Animals available, according to their site.

Here are some reviews of them that I found back when I was considering getting them. Apparently there are a few issues, but nothing really major.

Gonzo Review
Kermit Review
Animal Review

Wow, that is some sad news. This is the first time I even knew about the Muppet Posers. They looked pretty cool too. Hopefully another company can take over and get the other muppets made. It would have been awesome to see a Muppet Babies line too.

I picked up the Kermit from Redford Films and I was put off by their S&H arrangements. They upped the cost of shipping for their stuff selling in an actual "auction", but they keep it lower for stuff in their "eBay store" and then offer FREE SHIPPING in their own online store. For one of these giant pieces--that's a big swing of cost--$45 one place, but free another. I felt like b/c I won my Kermit in an auction, I got bilked out of an extra $15 for being allowed to actually shop for a lower price, but in the end I didn't save much. Shady if you ask me.

But as for the actual pieces themselves, the posers are awesome. I think for what they are going for now, you definitely get your $ worth. I would buy a Fozzie in a heartbeat. It would be cool to see if someone else picks up the license.

Hey Slade!
How is it going man??!!

Yeah I got Kermit from an Ebay Seller, not Redford, and this guy already sent me a UPS tracking number, so, awesome deal for Animal @ $136.00 and he'll be here on Tuesday!!^:rock!!
I wanted to get all three, but how things are right now, I had to pick Animal only...

I agree it's kinda sad that the line failed...
such amazing characters...
I'd love to see the whole Electric Mayhem one day...!!!

Mayhem.band.poster.jpg

From what GB sez, Animal is pretty B.A. I've decided against Animal--just not enough clout as a muppet for me to stand with Gonzo and Kermit. And I think he'd look kinda off w/o a drum set or the rest of the band. Plus, he's huge standing at 3 ft. and I was gonna try to get Kermit and Gonzo to fit in 2 Detolf shelves and I know Animal wouldn't fit.

In my opinion, Animal is the best of the 3....he has got the most going on about him (hair, outfit and coolness)

For which one(s)?

Each and every one of the three. Also MR is still trying to price out a way to do Fozzie but it may be done on a made to order deal and be very very expensive. I've never heard of anyone else taking over the license though.

Each and every one of the three. Also MR is still trying to price out a way to do Fozzie but it may be done on a made to order deal and be very very expensive. I've never heard of anyone else taking over the license though.

What's very very expensive? Based on the quality of Kermit and Gonzo, I'd pay in the high $600 range for a Fozzie, but if they're truly "made to order", we're looking in the $1000 range I think.

If anyone lives in or around the Kingston,MA area I suggest you go to the Independence Mall and check out Newbury Comics they have all 3 of the Muppets available there in the front display window.
:chew

From what GB sez, Animal is pretty B.A. I've decided against Animal--just not enough clout as a muppet for me to stand with Gonzo and Kermit. And I think he'd look kinda off w/o a drum set or the rest of the band. Plus, he's huge standing at 3 ft. and I was gonna try to get Kermit and Gonzo to fit in 2 Detolf shelves and I know Animal wouldn't fit.

Yeah, I'm very impressed by the Animal. So much so I plan to get the rest of them... a bit strapped right now with a bunch of stuff coming. But I still plan on picking up Kermit and Gonzo. $100 off of Amazon is a steal :rock

I have all three and think they are awesome. Got all as soon as each came out, so I didnt get the savings some of your guys are! Just noticed Gonzo at BBTS $69.99!!!! Hunt them all down if you can! They look so cool together :D

DSC00021.jpg

Last edited:

Unfortunately they charge about $25 shipping (for me anyway), so it works out to be about the same as Redford Films's price with free shipping. It would probably be cheaper if you had a pile of loot to add it to though.

What's very very expensive? Based on the quality of Kermit and Gonzo, I'd pay in the high $600 range for a Fozzie, but if they're truly "made to order", we're looking in the $1000 range I think.

The rumors I've heard place it anywhere between $1000 and $3000 because of how much work is involved getting the shapes, proportions, fur color and cut all right. The original price MR floated for Fozzie was $500 but this line was NEVER a huge hit.

If Fozzie was in the $500-$700 range I'd grab him but not at $1000+ I like them but not that much lol!

The original price MR floated for Fozzie was $500 but this line was NEVER a huge hit.
The prices and, in my opinion, failure to accurately capture the Muppets' likenesses made this a foregone conclusion. I'm a huge Muppets fan, but this line was never a real consideration to me.

The prices and, in my opinion, failure to accurately capture the Muppets' likenesses made this a foregone conclusion. I'm a huge Muppets fan, but this line was never a real consideration to me.

I think the failure was lack of marketing...
a lot of people in the collecting community didn't even know these were being produced...
Toy news sites and magazines rarely talked about them...
price tag was high, but the likeness are the best we'll ever see I think...

I'm a huge Muppet fan too, and I've always wanted to get these, but were out of my league price-wise...

It may also have something to do with the fact that many people would like actual puppet versions of these, rather than posers.

Back