Master Replica Muppets Line Dead! NOT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Master Replica Muppets Line Dead!

I guess Kermit will have to find other ways to entertain himself.

k2.jpg

Would this be inappropriate for use as my work computer's wallpaper?

Stadler and Waldorf, Fozzie and the rumored Swedish Chef were the ones on my list to buy. I wanted Animal but wasn't a huge fan of him and the prices on Kermit consistantly dropping made me continue to wait to see what is the lowest price I could get him for was. No interest in Gonzo. Its unfortunate that the rest will not get made but at the same time its not really all that surprising.

Re: Master Replica Muppets Line !

Man , the Muppets are cursed...
first the Palisades fiasco, and now this...
I wish Disney did something with the franchise... but they're so stupid they can't even see the potential of these characters...

Hopefully I will be able to find an Animal cheapo now. :banana
If anything it will be more expensive and harder to get, that's what happened with the Palisades line, the last releases skyrocketed in price...

Nah, I don't think the Muppets are cursed any more than Palisades and MR were. Palisades at least had a good run. I knew the 1:1 stuff wasn't going to be an easy line to carry no matter which company, but I have a feeling someone will pick it up someday... Museum Replicas, eFX..?

Nah, I don't think the Muppets are cursed any more than Palisades and MR were. Palisades at least had a good run. I knew the 1:1 stuff wasn't going to be an easy line to carry no matter which company, but I have a feeling someone will pick it up someday... Museum Replicas, eFX..?

I can't see anyone picking it up, especially after MR couldn't get retailers interested in it.

i have to say that i was interested in these but i wanted to see how far they went before i got committed. so i guess i was part of the problem. sorry. i really would have liked the entire Electric Mayhem set up in my basement though. how cool would that be?

If anything it will be more expensive and harder to get, that's what happened with the Palisades line, the last releases skyrocketed in price...

Both are correct in a sense. It'll liquidate at retailers then once that stock is gone it'll raise when private collectors are selling because the supply will begin to leave.

i have to say that i was interested in these but i wanted to see how far they went before i got committed. so i guess i was part of the problem. sorry. i really would have liked the entire Electric Mayhem set up in my basement though. how cool would that be?

That would be awesome!!
Mayhem.band.poster.jpg

Hands down one of the best bands of the late 70's early 80's!! :rock:rock

The Weta line is incredible too, I think I will go after an Animal now. :cool:

Except Weta really screwed up Fozzie. Looks like no matter what I'm just never going to get an accurate collectible of him!

In an ironic twist of fate, I was contacted by Master Replicas about squaring away some compensation for some copywriting work I did and was offered some pieces to fill in the missing product I was supposed to receive (the majority of the ones I wrote for never were released) and I was offered both Animal and Gonzo. So I took them both and will be receiving them shortly. Interesting since I said I had no desire for them yet when offered I took them. Pics to follow obviously.....

It's too bad about this line ending, but I guess it's not that surprising. I think we may find this happening more and more what with the economy being what it is.

On the bright side, Redford Films has some pretty good deals on these figures. Gonzo is $175 ($125 off), Animal is $235 ($164 off), and Kermit is $199 (which I guess is list price?). However, enter the code MC25 and you can get 25% off of any of them, which is pretty impressive. I'm tempted by Gonzo and Kermit. I never really liked Animal that much though. Strangely, it appears that shipping is a bit cheaper if you buy them in separate orders rather than all in one order.

Last edited:

Thanks for the head's up icruise; that has my attention. :wave

Huh....I'd have to pay state tax on top of that.....I wonder if that is the average price for Kermit or if I can get a deal on eBay....might as well have the set.

Funnily enough, all of the Kermits on ebay at the moment are being sold by Redford Films, so unless you are able to get a good deal by bidding on an auction (as opposed to a Buy-It-Now) you're probably better off just getting it from their site with the coupon. You have to pay tax in either case.

This was always one of those lines I wanted to start collecting but never got around to it. :(

I would have killed though for a Dr.Teeth. :drool

Back