Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I agree. I've been playing the multiplayer on and off over the past couple of weeks, great fun for a quick ME action dose...as long as you don't get teamed with the stereotypical online dickishness. Though I've been relatively lucky in that regard so far, luckier than in some other online shooters I could mention anyhow.

I actually haven't had any trouble with the hardcore players. I'm like level 120 and I'm actually not bad--always #1 in bronze matches and mostly #1 in silver, I haven't tried gold though. But since I keep using the same level 20 character I never level up so I'd be much higher if I had started the character over again.

I think I'm around level 180 or so, I actually promoted a few character sets to up my readiness rating (even though that was largely irrelevant... :lol), the only thing I don't like is just how randomised the pack unlocks are, wish it was a bit easier to get a wider variety of characters...so far after a couple of weeks of semi-regular online play and god knows how many various pack purchases, I've still only got a Drell (adept), a Geth (engineer), a Batarian (soldier), and a couple of Turians (soldier and sentinel), plus I just unlocked an N7 Shadow.

Still good fun regardless.

Yeah, I really want to unlock the Ex-cerberus Adept and N7 Slayer, but I almost never unlock anything, even with weapons I get upgrades for the weapons I don't use--still using the same level 1 weapon (phaeston) because I never get anything good.

Drell Adept is my favorite though, unless I unlock something better someday.

Luv your attitude on the ending and the journey Ex-Parrot, I could have completely hated ME3, which I did not, but that would not have diminished my appreciation of the prior games. If you and darthviper are playing ME3 multiplayer on the PS3 you should look me up and we can play some matches together. My screen-name on there is DiceIbegon just like the SW Cantina Lamproid character but all one word with a capital d and i.

Leviathan

Single player DLC - $10 USD

Mass Effect 3: Leviathan is the first story-driven, single player DLC to be made available since Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut. Leviathan expands upon the events of Mass Effect 3 with gripping and emotional storytelling, compelling new characters, powerful weapons and unique upgrades. Players will be able to discover more about the origins of the reapers as they race across the galaxy to unravel the mystery that surrounds the fabled Leviathan.

Taking place during the events of Mass Effect 3, players will be thrust into the darkest corners of space where they will hunt a mysterious being rumored to be powerful enough to destroy a Reaper. As they race against time, they will begin to unravel the secret of the Leviathan. Explore uncharted systems and new areas on the Citadel, interact with brand new characters, unlock the AT-12 Raider shotgun and M-55 Argus Assault Rifle and discover more about the mysterious history of the Reapers. Available on PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Cost is $10 or 800 Microsoft points.

https://blog.bioware.com/2012/08/02/mass-effect-3-leviathan-firefight-dlc-and-wii-u-information/

According to IGN, the Leviathan DLC add-on may change ME3's ending, but they're kinda vague on the details.

Trailer:

[ame]https://youtu.be/eDurT_0Sde0[/ame]​

Leviathan-Announce-1.jpg

Leviathan-Announce-4.jpg

Leviathan-Announce-2.jpg

screenshot-071-leviathan-o.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Definitely can't complain about more story! I hope we get our $10 worth, though.

I'm still enjoying the MP. I'm currently at an N7 level of 506.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Luv your attitude on the ending and the journey Ex-Parrot, I could have completely hated ME3, which I did not, but that would not have diminished my appreciation of the prior games. If you and darthviper are playing ME3 multiplayer on the PS3 you should look me up and we can play some matches together. My screen-name on there is DiceIbegon just like the SW Cantina Lamproid character but all one word with a capital d and i.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm on 360, or else I'd take you up on your offer, but happy gaming pal. :)

Can't wait for the release of Leviathon !

I started another play through last week with my Me2 Renegade Adept. 17 hours in now and it looks like this DLC will be out in the next couple of weeks and will plug in nicely as they play along.

This character will be my first viewing of the extending ending as well so a double bonus :D

I did much the same. I purchased the game day one, but never had the time to dedicate to it for a while...and I didnt just want to dip in and out on this game as time allowed. Then there was all the controversy about the ending, then an announcement about the extended endings, and so at that point I decided to wait once again until those came out. Then once they did, I was once again in a position where I had to wait a little bit until I'd have the time required to dedicate to the game. Well that time finally came, and I imported my ME1/ME2 Femshep and played through the game over the last week, and overall I loved the game.

I get the complaints about past decisions not having a great amount of impact overall, though my decisions still played into the plot and how certain things unfolded, so I didn't mind all that much, even if they didn't actually change things in the long run, as far as the overarching story goes. the extended cut Synthesis ending worked and made sense for my character arc through the games, and felt right. It wasn't perfect, but I was satisfied overall (not much of a fan of the cheesy after credits bit though). I definitely would have liked to see a little more of what happened to the other surviving main characters, but I also get why they didn't do too much of that, as they likely want to keep their options pretty open with the larger cast of characters 'just in case' they wish to revisit with those characters at a later date in some kind of a post ME3 setting.

And I've gotta say, even if people don't like the original, or extended, endings, I don't understand the cries of "five years wasted" and "wish I'd never bothered" that plastered the net for a while, and still does to some extent. I mean I get being disappointed with the end of the game, or even outright disliking it, especially when the ending isn't an overly happy one, but why anyone would regret the journey through these great games mystifies me. I mean that's like saying you wish you'd never watched Raiders of the Lost Ark because you didn't like Crystal Skull, or now suddenly hating the original Star Wars trilogy just because you hated the prequels. Makes no sense to me personally. Even if you didn't like the ultimate destination, the journey was so great that personally I could never regret the time spent on this franchise, a series that pulled me in, felt as 'alive' as any games I've ever played, and made me give a damn about the characters and their journeys. In fact I look forward to going back and spending more time in it down the line. But to each their own I guess.

Personally I look forward to playing through the games again, this time as more of a renegade heavy character, maybe as a male Shepard this time, see how different that journey feels. I also look forward to the upcoming dlc as well. Regardless of any bumps along the way, the Mass Effect series is my favourite gaming franchise and experience of this console generation, and that, more than anything else, is what I'll always remember it for.

That's because the ending sticks around the most.

And yes had Return of the Jedi had a crappy ending, I would certainly had not appreciated it. It's not about wasted time persé, it's just that you feel bummed that they cut corners in what's arguably the most important thing in story telling. The ending.

I've NEVER in my life had a book or movie or game have such a WORTHLESS ending in my life. Which is insane because the story itself is so much worth telling. Why go this route when NO ONE likes it. Stuck up artsy writers. Doing something different doesn't mean it's GOOD.

It's not a bad ending by the way. I could have lived with that. It's the ending of ANOTHER story.

It's like at the VERY end of the Star Wars saga, you get introduced to Indiana Jones. And he kills Luke, and tells you it was all his grand master plan.

Honestly, that's how bad that ending was to me. Introducing new character, that's NOT Harbinger as a leader is RETARDED. Especially since the previous Reaper you destroy on the Quarian homeworld says "Harbinger mentions you.. You resist".

Then in the end it's some ****ing dumbass kid.

Havent seen the adjusted ending yet. Can anyone tell me if it's any better? I feel like the new ending will insult my intellect. <_<

They always said ME3 would be the last of Shepard, not of the universe itself.

Not interested then. Shepard to me at least IS Mass Effect.

The same reason I can't enjoy the Star Wars prequels, no Luke Skywalker and no Darth Vader. I don't see Bioware doing any good Mass Effect story anymore after the ME3 "ending". How the hell are they going to outdo the Reapers anyway? Every new thing will pale out in comparison.

I've NEVER in my life had a book or movie or game have such a WORTHLESS ending in my life. Which is insane because the story itself is so much worth telling. Why go this route when NO ONE likes it. Stuck up artsy writers. Doing something different doesn't mean it's GOOD.

I sense someone has never read a little series called The Dark Tower

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not interested then. Shepard to me at least IS Mass Effect.

The same reason I can't enjoy the Star Wars prequels, no Luke Skywalker and no Darth Vader. I don't see Bioware doing any good Mass Effect story anymore after the ME3 "ending". How the hell are they going to outdo the Reapers anyway? Every new thing will pale out in comparison.

I dunno, I would love a game where you can pick your own race.

Meh, playing as another race doesn't interest me one bit. I love interacting with them as a human (i.e. Having intercourse :lol), but playing as one? Not interested.

I love the fact that my shepard is officially into beastiality since all the ***** he's had has been from another species. :rock

I agree 100%. I don't need a story as big as the reapers, maybe something more exploratory, something where you choose your own race and career path (smuggler, soldier etc...) story wise you could do some kind of civil war or coup or something. Not every storyline needs to be bigger than the last so long as its well done, immersive and most of all fun and enjoyable.

I agree 100%. I don't need a story as big as the reapers, maybe something more exploratory, something where you choose your own race and career path (smuggler, soldier etc...) story wise you could do some kind of civil war or coup or something. Not every storyline needs to be bigger than the last so long as its well done, immersive and most of all fun and enjoyable.

Yeah civil war is an obvious interesting choice.

Maybe the Krogans have actively rebelled like people said they would...
Maybe its just a general scramble for resources in the wreckage of the reaper invasion that is causing races to come into conflict.
perhaps the council themselves are pulled into this and broken up as they are forced to take their peoples sides.

It doesn't have to be a gigantic race coming to shoot lasers at everyone.

Havent seen the adjusted ending yet. Can anyone tell me if it's any better? I feel like the new ending will insult my intellect. <_<

The extended endings won't resolve your issues with the endings feeling as if they were the resolution to a different story. The Catalyst kid is still there, and his reasoning is still the same, though he does provide more clarity as to what each choice entails.

What the EC does provide is an epilogue that was missing from the original endings. The existence of the extended endings does highlight how badly Bioware cut corners with the original release. The new scenes provided do give a sense of closure and of things to come.

I recommend at least checking the out on YouTube (but make sure you watch it/them from the point of which Shepard makes the final run towards the beam on Earth).

I'd be okay with this, but my enthusiasm for future ME games is dampened because I know that it's impossible for Bioware to make a sequel that takes place after ME3 due to the finality and disparity of the 4 different endings. They'd have to choose one and make it canon,cwhich would anger a lot of fans.

Future games will probably take place before or during the timeline of the trilogy, which doesn't excite me much, though of course I'd play them.

Back