Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved that this show had a supernatural element.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Oh yeah that totally explains that.

I loved how these 3 dynamics all worked off and complimented each other:

Spoiler Spoiler:

They really thought it thru.

They confronted every possible scenario to make it all make sense.

Finished this last night. I thought it was one of Netflix's best Marvel series so far. Even the slow burn parts weren't boring as in some of the other series. I loved that it was like watching a live action TPB--a complete story from beginning to end that (to me) built up at the right pace to get to the last few intense episodes which were absolutely worth waiting for. I actually want to watch this series again, which is a nice surprise considering I had started losing interest in the Netflix Marvel shows after sitting through Iron Fist and The Defenders.

Just finished... Meh.
Went too far from comic books.
Too mopie for a series about mass murderer/war criminal.
Too political yet there's no sense of high stakes.
Lots of holes in internal logic, no universe building at all.
Could use a lot more style over substance.
Nine episodes would've been more than enough.

Billy is the only character I'm interested in seein' again. Barnes was great, even tho he looked too thin for the role. Then again, 40% of soldiers in this are small females, so... yeah, I'm just glad he didn't get rule63'd.

I do kinda really hate that he barely used the skull vest. Whats the point of having the punisher if he was just gonna use it in like a couple of episodes.
Everyone makes fun of that 90s movie for not using the skull but this barely did

I do kinda really hate that he barely used the skull vest. Whats the point of having the punisher if he was just gonna use it in like a couple of episodes.
Everyone makes fun of that 90s movie for not using the skull but this barely did

Hopefully we will see it more in his next appearance. That would be a great feedback for Marvel what we would want to see more of. I enjoy when he just takes out random gangs, like in the first episode or in season two DD.

Season two has to have Kingpin in it!!!!!!!!!!!

Chick just laid there and watched her car blow up.

And he only had a skull on for a few seconds in the first episode. :mad:

Been good so far but way talkie. 13 episodes is gonna be much.

I think it could have finished at 10, I’m taking the extra 3 as bonus!

Hopefully we will see him in his skull vest throughout his next appearance.

I take it that it’s really hard to do a adaptation of the Punisher from comic to screen. It’s a very complex character to write for and how would he get away with these things in this present day.

I’m going to watch this series again.

he uses the skull a little bit at the very end. it gets way more talkie as it goes on

I think it could have finished at 10, I’m taking the extra 3 as bonus!

or...... they could have cut 50% of the agent woman"s annoying pointless idiotic plot.
she added nothing good to the story, her stuff with jigsaw is cheesy and stupid.

Punisher is such a strange hero he kills and enjoys doing it. Is he really a hero???What seperates him from the criminals he kills??? The fact that his family was murdered so that justifies what he does??? He reminds me of the mafia or godfather, you kill my family i kill yours and i wont stop with the henchmen, ill kill the woman and children too, they act like animals so i slaughtered them like animals. Im the good animal the rest are bad ones even though i do the same **** as them because i do it in the name of love and revenge so its all good

or...... they could have cut 50% of the agent woman"s annoying pointless idiotic plot.
she added nothing good to the story, her stuff with jigsaw is cheesy and stupid.

Some of the things she say or do did start reminding me of Iron Fist at some stages!lol

Punisher is such a strange hero he kills and enjoys doing it. Is he really a hero???What seperates him from the criminals he kills??? The fact that his family was murdered so that justifies what he does??? He reminds me of the mafia or godfather, you kill my family i kill yours and i wont stop with the henchmen, ill kill the woman and children too, they act like animals so i slaughtered them like animals. Im the good animal the rest are bad ones even though i do the same **** as them because i do it in the name of love and revenge so its all good

Exactly, it’s a real brain *****k. He is on his own tho, other heroes don’t agree with his killings.

I don't think Punisher's ever been considered a Hero. His methods and idealogy always pushed him far into the Antihero box. Yeah, he may have done heroic things in his time, but that doesn't change what he is. He kills bad guys without remorse. I also don't think he's ever had any issues with how he's done it and being compared to the criminals he's killed in the sense of doing unto them.

punisher started as a villain the same way deadpool did (is deadpool a hero?)
punisher was hired to kill spiderman

Punisher is not a hero. He's crazy over the top vigilante.

78d36463ef955c08bd39bab16b1b4b70.jpg

That's what makes him interesting.
Or used to make, before this series happened...

I do think E10-13 helped elevate the show for me because leading up to 10 it was slow going there for awhile with too much cutting back to Micro’s family, Homeland Security HQ and PTSD soldier kid.

But E10-13 were outstanding.

Last edited:
I’m on episode 9 and I already think it’s great. If it really kicks into gear from episode 10 then this will be my fave marvel show. Ben Barnes is gonna get what’s coming to him.

Back