Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really excited for this one. Didn't really like the character that much in Civil War. Teaser was OK.

I'm still curious about the film with the little snippet.......least they didn't lose my interest yet like earlier teasers for AntMan, Strange and Spidey....

It started off good, but then the rap thing came in. Jesus, Wakanda is a different country. They have their own traditions and culture. They're not "woke brothers". They're extremely racist, xenophobic and just plain nasty. That's one of the major aspects of the BP mythos.
This. And I didn't care for the visuals.

I think this looks great so far and a lot different than what Marvel has released so far.

I'm looking forward to a full trailer that shows the story a bit more.

Great trailer. I've already rewatched a few times. Visuals are really nice and casting looks spot on. The car flipping did remind me of Civil War, so felt they needed a stronger stinger at the end. But really looking forward to the movie.

Loved what I saw...the small combat snippet in the jungle was wonderful. I think I'll really like Serkis as Klaw way more than the comics. Love the stellar cast it's like a who's who. Shuri looks bad-ass as hell. Michael B Jordan as Killmonger looks very intriguing as well. Loved the cinematography.

And to those remarking about the people, I read in the synopsis that there will be Wakandans against T'challa being the king. I'm sure there will be wiser people and also characters that show the snobby, arrogant and racist side of it. Especially with Everett in it, if imagine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

loved the song
loved how hot the women are in this, very sexy
love how colorful everything was
love their outfits

this was bretty good. reminded me a little of the fifth element, this looks so good

loved the song
loved how hot the women are in this, very sexy
love how colorful everything was
love their outfits

this was bretty good. reminded me a little of the fifth element, this looks so good

Interesting you mention the use of color - well, I like watching directors and their use of color...*seems like* tho don't know if it's true that the films are moving from the more gritty use of "earth colors" to a more fresh? unworldly? palette starting with Dr. Strange e.g. sort of suggesting the opening of different worlds - maybe. Tho I am gonna really miss the gritty, feel-the-dust-in-your-face hand-held camera effect of TWS and some CW shots.

Tho after watching trailer multiple times I really like the natural + uber tech feel - seems so far to me as tho it's gonna be a successful, unique interpretation of the mysterious Wakanda - precedent setting, as well.

Some quick caps:

BP_panther.jpg

A favorite shot because it so evokes a panther!:love

BP_panther_pools.jpg

IMO this is an amazing design for the pools....

BP_panther_shaman.jpg

Love FW anyway; love that he is T'Challa's advisor; love the sort of shaman character:love....if this comes out as an HT I am SO getting this (tho I don't have a lot of hope as HT couldn't even do the Ancient One:mad:) I don't have anything like a wise advisor/shaman in my collection.

BP_panther_mask.jpg

Just IMO awesome....

BP_panther_car1.jpg

BP_panther_car2.jpg

Had to be on a trailer breakdown site to even catch this "energy pulse"...so it's not SO much like the CW chase - I figure this is just a teaser anyway and there's a lot more to it. Does show off T'Challa's flowing athleticism and general badassery.

Agree that the women are gorgeous and also badass, tho haven't had a problem with Marvel's depiction of women - or DC's for that matter *shrug*.

But, are we ever gonna know what this was.....

thor_pool.jpg

From Thor - unused scene - beautiful tho...what was this about????:(

And Where.Is.Bucky. I really was hoping (even tho this movie seems packed with at least 3 villains and a lot seems to be going on) that there was gonna be something more than a cameo. Biased of course as WS is my MCU favorite:devil, but still, IMO the does-he-get-a-new-arm-and-how-or-does-he-wake-up-at-all is kind of a leading point from CW and I don't wanna have to sit around and wait for some sort of reconciliation with Tony/Tony gives Bucky a Stark tech arm and like that. I'd like Bucky's new arm to come from Wakanda - something different; plus T'Challa gives Bucky someone else to trust besides Steve. Plz don't make me sit through IW1 and then another year for IW2 before THAT gets resolved.:(

bucky_mockup3.jpg

:monkey3

Back